+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    quoting -- Nashville songwriters woo 'Idol' champ
    American Idol winner Carrie Underwood is becoming quite the country queen 'round these parts.
    Many A-list country songwriters gathered this past weekend at a new swank studio/resort, Karian Studio in Gallatin, to pitch songs to Carrie and to get to know her.
    Those songwriters included Craig Wiseman (Live Like You Were Dying), Hillary Lindsey (This One's For the Girls) and Rivers Rutherford (Gretchen Wilson'sHomewrecker).
    So I hope this means that AI is good with getting actual experienced country-song writers to create Carrie's songs on her album, rather than all-pop-all-the-time people? I'd like to hear news that that's the case. Hopefully, we will.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre
    So I hope this means that AI is good with getting actual experienced country-song writers to create Carrie's songs on her album, rather than all-pop-all-the-time people? I'd like to hear news that that's the case. Hopefully, we will.
    I agree with you. I don't understand why each contestant can't sing what they're comfortable with. I don't see why very good singers have to be forced in to a mold that they aren't comfortable or familiar with. And I don't just mean AFTER they've been on AI.
    Last edited by Muduh; 06-22-2005 at 11:17 AM.

I heard IYH this morning on XM radio channel 11. I understand that it is being played on channels 11 & 16, the country stations & channel 20 which is a top 20 Pop station. I cranked it up real loud & loved every minute of it. I have been reading that just yesterday another 21 channels across the country have added her to their play list.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre
    Carrie has stated in previous interviews that she isn't at liberty to mention who she will be working with, & she has also said she is amazed with all the folks that want to work with her. I have absolutely no doubt that it will be the Nashville crowd. There was a reason that she had her coming out so to speak in Nashville. They are introducing her to that crowd & letting her get to know them & what is in store for her. And from all reports she has been really well received.I think it is a very positive thing that the writers mentioned are Country/Pop writers & have had some very successful efforts with other artists. I think the most positive thing is there is no mention of Clive Davis as producer. It doesn't say he won't be, but he isn't mentioned at all. I will scream it out loud, NO CLIVE DAVIS please.

#1 on the Billboard Hot 100

http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hot100.jsp

#4 on the Billboard Hot Digital Songs

http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hds.jsp

#1 on the Billboard Pop 100

http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/pop.jsp

She is on five other charts as well but I don't have a subscription to Billboard so I can't add the links.

Wow. Way to go, Carrie!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    That is great. Way to go Carrie
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I am quite impressed!

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Finally, there's an article with official numbers for Carrie's single sales!

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050623/clth045.html?.v=14

Carrie Underwood's 'Inside Your Heaven' Debuts as Best Selling Song in the Nation and Breaks Chart History
    Thursday June 23, 11:32 am ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn., June 23 /PRNewswire/ -- American Idol 4 winner Carrie Underwood's "Inside Your Heaven" (19 Recordings/Arista Records) has debuted at #1 on Billboard's Hot 100. The single is the best selling song in the nation and also debuts at #1 on three additional Billboard charts, including the Pop 100, the Singles Sales chart and the Country Singles sales charts. With first week sales of nearly 170,000, the song now ranks as the best selling song of 2005 year to date.

Underwood also breaks Billboard chart history as the first country music artist ever to debut at #1 on the Hot 100. Underwood's "Inside Your Heaven" also becomes the first song from a country artist to go to #1 on the Hot 100 since Lonestar's "Amazed" did so in 2000.

"My dreams continue to come true," says Underwood. "Thanks to the fans for voting me as their IDOL and for wanting to hear - and have - my music!"

Underwood is currently busy listening to songs for her debut country album, due out this Fall, and also rehearsing for the American Idol tour which will launch July 12 in Sunrise, Florida.

Underwood, 22 years old from Checotah, OK, was crowned the American Idol winner at the two-hour finale held at the Kodak Theater, in Los Angeles, on May 25th averaging over 30 million viewers. American Idol has been nominated for eight Emmy Awards and is created and executive produced by Simon Fuller, founder of 19 Entertainment. American Idol is the #1 show of the current television season.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Boy! She and her family have to just be pinching themselves to see if they're awake. This is such great news. This is turning out great for both Carrie and Bo. Now I'm also pulling for Vonzell and the others. There was a lot of talent this year.

+ Reply to Thread