+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 426 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Newbie
    I love her she gives me chills everytime

I can't believe what they said about her tonight though ...she took a great song and made it her own..isnt that what the judges want??? I normally agree with them but not tonight...I wanted to smack them all upside their heads for saying what they said to carrie

aren

I don't think her performance was as good as last week, but it was still good enough to secure my girl vote for the night.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I thought it was a better performance than the judges gave her credit for. Not as outstanding as last week, but still pretty good.

Carrie was cirticized last night for doing a cover of a Janis Joplin song - when in actuality she was doing a cover of a cover of a Janis Joplin song. I thought she sounded really good. Maybe they are just trying to keep everyone on their toes/not let anyone get too comfortable?
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    She sounded great last night... not as good as I have heard her... but even on a bad day she still sounds good. Definitely in the top 3 of the night along with Jessica and Makalah (not a fan of the girl, but mad she really nailed it last night and toned down the attitude).

FORT Newbie
    Carrie Underwood looks to be over-estimated. Mark my words – in the beginning of AI 2, very few noticed Kimberly Locke until the middle part of the season when she showed her versatility and range ( from Billy Joel’s NEW YORK STATE OF MIND, to Neil Sedaka’s WHERE THE BOYS ARE to Disco Night’s ITS RAINING MEN ).

This year’s equivalent of Kim Locke will be ------( DRUM ROLL HERE )…. Jessica Sierra . Carrie better watch her back, there is competition in the game now. AS for Carrie, she was very good, but I just thought her performance tonight DOES NOT FIT. It was a good effort, but it made me UNCOMFORTABLE. The nice, sweet, country girl trying to be drug tough like Janis Joplin ? Unthinkable.

Other than Jessica, I did not think the girls were particularly good tonight. It was rather disappointing compared to the guys, and most of them were trying to be something they aren't (Carrie included ).

I'd like to hear Carrie in her element again. Something like Linda Rostandt's Blue Bayou. Good gosh, the next week is your last chance to show your superior vocals in the genre of your choice. After that, I don’t know how you’ll do with such themes as Disco, Big Band or Jazz. Otherwise, they’d have to put you in Nashville Star, not American Idol.

I love your voice. My main concern is you might just end up to be a one-trick country pony.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Carrie was cirticized last night for doing a cover of a Janis Joplin song - when in actuality she was doing a cover of a cover of a Janis Joplin song. I thought she sounded really good. Maybe they are just trying to keep everyone on their toes/not let anyone get too comfortable?
    I think that was the problem for me, that she did a cover of a cover.
    Joplin's version is definitive, imo, if you're going to do a version you do hers.
    If you don't have the chops for that you leave it the hell alone.
    As some of us said in the show thread, if you want to do a cover of a cover at least do Melissa Etheridge's version.

I thought her voice sounded ok, but the performance was dull, uninspired and it's just plain wrong to me to country that song up.

I think it was good for her to hear some criticism though.
    Hopefully for her sake she can come back from this stronger next week, make a good song choice and get back on top of her game.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I think Carrie is overrated. She's a good singer, but that's it IMO. I'm sure she'll make the top 12, but I hope she doesn't win.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I like Carrie a lot. She's got some growing to do as far as stage presence, but she's got a great voice and seems genuine.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Even giving a showing that was sub-par IMHO, I don’t think she will get voted off any time soon.. unless there is a HUGE lot of Rabid Janis fans out there

Her voice is not bad.. she needs to pick a song to showcase it and make it her own. Admittedly she did as Fluff said.. a cover of a cover.. and Janis was the one that all others are compared to... it was not a good song for her in any case for any version. This to me was simply a karaoke rendition of a song I love to death. Id almost like to hear her sing more of a Pop Country song.. like Wynonna (Judd) or the like.. something that can combine a lil twang with a lil bit of a hard edge. I can hear her doing Momma Hes crazy (yeah i know its ballad like) and doing it well!

+ Reply to Thread