+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1940
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

  1. #961
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio
    Actually, I have already contributed by buying a Bice t-shirt, a Sugar Money c.d. I hope Bo wins, but if he doesn't I'll continue to support him because I really think he's the bomb.
    Me too...I've already gotten my Bo Bice shirt (eBay has some nice ones), my Sugar Money CD , my Bo screensaver/wallpaper on work and home computers and all ready to buy the tickets and head to Birmingham to see the hometown boy sing his heart out....should be awesome...can't wait.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  2. #962
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115
    Gang, here is an important story about how most AI viewers do not vote. That explains why folks like Connie and Nadia got booted off early. I don't vote either. We're lucky that the few fans who do vote seem to like Bo.

    http://www.fastcompany.com/resources...rs/050905.html
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-10-2005 at 10:13 AM.

  3. #963
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Gang, here is an important story about how most AI viewers do not vote. That explains why folks like Connie and Nadia got booted off early. I don't vote either. We're lucky that the few fans who do vote seem to like Bo.

    http://www.fastcompany.com/resources...rs/050905.html
    Actually, that article explains how Constantine lasted so long.

  4. #964
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,593
    C'Mon, Bo - fans! Vote tonight!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  5. #965
    Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Woof!
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    ...I don't vote either. ...
    Say it isn't so, pillbeam!
    I support the right to arm bears.

  6. #966
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    Say it isn't so, pillbeam!
    Sorry. The only time I voted was to keep Ruben in the competition after he was in the bottom 3 and to try to keep Nadia after one show this year.

    This year, I adore Bo, Nadia and Constantine. But my love for them is not as strong as my dislike of spending my precious time dialing votes so that AI can brag about how many people are involved in watching AI. Just think, the producers of AI tell their viewing audience to spend their time late on a weeknight to dial the phone, and millions (or is it only thousands? ) do so. I've felt like a chump each time I've dialed cuz the whole voting system is suspect.

    I think there are millions of people who would still watch the show if they didn't go through this fantasy voting business and just had the judges vote on the performances till the end.

  7. #967
    Staying Afloat speedbump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New England
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    This year, I adore Bo, Nadia and Constantine. But my love for them is not as strong as my dislike of spending my precious time dialing votes so that AI can brag about how many people are involved in watching AI.
    This is kind of interesting actually. This is not directed towards you but at the "idea" of what you said.

    Your argument for why you do not vote is the exact reason the folks on AI (namely Seacrest since he is the host) tell the viewers at home to vote--because if one doesn't then they can't help keep a contestant in the competition.

    The above article also supports why we should never trust the "buzz" of the internet as a measure for who is popular and who isn't. Simple: the majority of people don't vote. I never voted until this year, although the previous season's I armchair quarterbacked and griped when a favorite of mine was booted early.

    I only decided to vote this year because I truly feel that Bo is an original and he is the only one I would consider buying a CD of.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

  8. #968
    Smokin! Sandy in SD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Age
    57
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Don't worry. If Bo were in any danger of leaving before the final 2, the producers would pull out all of the stops to help him--praising from the judges, choice spot in performance order, major boosting from Ryan (who usually says good job to his favorites after they sing); and leeway in song selection.

    The producers want a show-down between Bo and Carrie because that's what will bring the highest ratings. So I'm confident we'll see him on the last show. I don't care whether he wins--I'll still get to buy his records and see him in concert.
    I'm not terribly worried about Bo going home, either, because I think he'll be better off not actually winning, and I think you're right that the AI folks have been pushing for a Carrie & Bo finale.

    After tonight though I'm not so sure they wouldn't be as happy with an Anthony/Carrie finale. Anthony sang really well tonight and he has a lot of potential as a teen idol. So does Carrie.

    I have a feeling Vonz may be going home this week, but it could also be Bo. I think the judges and producers do manipulate the outcome a lot but I'm not convinced they actually tamper with the votes. (They did post some wrong phone and text-message numbers again tonight, though. It was in the closed captioning, for Bo, Vonzell, and Anthony.)


    I voted a lot for Bo tonight, but I don't really think my few hundred votes matter that much, with all the high-tech voting gadgets and text messaging.
    I just want Bo to stay around another week or two so I can see and hear him some more.

  9. #969
    FORT Fogey Kariann1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD
    I'm not terribly worried about Bo going home, either, because I think he'll be better off not actually winning, and I think you're right that the AI folks have been pushing for a Carrie & Bo finale.

    After tonight though I'm not so sure they wouldn't be as happy with an Anthony/Carrie finale. Anthony sang really well tonight and he has a lot of potential as a teen idol. So does Carrie.

    I have a feeling Vonz may be going home this week, but it could also be Bo. I think the judges and producers do manipulate the outcome a lot but I'm not convinced they actually tamper with the votes. (They did post some wrong phone and text-message numbers again tonight, though. It was in the closed captioning, for Bo, Vonzell, and Anthony.)


    I voted a lot for Bo tonight, but I don't really think my few hundred votes matter that much, with all the high-tech voting gadgets and text messaging.
    I just want Bo to stay around another week or two so I can see and hear him some more.
    Sandy, you have addressed some of my concerns. How can there be yet another error? This might involve thousands or even a million votes. I hope they will not have another vote!! I think Bo is the safest of all the contestants, but am concerned a revote could affect Anthony and Vonzell's bid for the third spot!! Unbelievable! :phhht

  10. #970
    Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    228
    (At the risk of sounding very un-PC) I wouldn't worry too much about there being a re-vote caused by a closed captioning error. As I doubt very much that the impact of deaf viewers on the results of a singing competition is great enough to warrant it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.