+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 194 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Just a gentle reminder, folks. This is a thread about Bo, not Scott.

Email from Bo's Cousin

I have bought a few Bo tshirts from Bo's cousin on ebay and I sent her an email to let her know that despite the story that came out about Bo, I still support him. I thought you might be interested in her response:

"Thanks very much. As Bo's family, we see that he handled this old problem at the time and moved on, he worked thru it when it occurred and dealt with it in a mature and responsible manner - that's what counts.

His fans seem to feel the same way - we have received many, many comments on the same line as yours."

Quote Originally Posted by Erika221
    I have bought a few Bo tshirts from Bo's cousin on ebay and I sent her an email to let her know that despite the story that came out about Bo, I still support him. I thought you might be interested in her response:
    "Thanks very much. As Bo's family, we see that he handled this old problem at the time and moved on, he worked thru it when it occurred and dealt with it in a mature and responsible manner - that's what counts.
    His fans seem to feel the same way - we have received many, many comments on the same line as yours."
    That was nice of his cousin to respond. Thanks for sharing that.

I still stand by my earlier post, that I don't think Bo's drug arrests should be a complete non-issue. Not a major one, but it is still newsworthy.

And, despite the protests to the contrary, the fact that he had run-ins with the law twice for cocaine and marijuana makes me wonder how much he was into drugs. Especially when I know and have seen many, many people try drugs and no one I knew was ever arrested. Yes, I know this is just speculative opinion based on what I have heard of the facts and my life experience, but this site would hardly exist without that.

I really don't think casual drug experimentation is a major character flaw (but I don't want to be quoted on that to my children). Even major use does not stop me from listening to singers. There are crimes that would bother me enough to stop supporting a singer/actor, but this isn't one of them. In terms of voting on AI, though, relative character does matter to me.

Nevertheless, after tonight's performance, I think Bo should be in the final 2. I always knew he should be top 4, then 3, but tonight moved him up.

My earlier post was not attempting to be anti-Bo. But, even the slightest question regarding him seems to be met with venom.

FORT Regular
    The majority of posters on the Bice boards claim they couldn't get through to vote regardless which part of the States they were in.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    I still stand by my earlier post, that I don't think Bo's drug arrests should be a complete non-issue. Not a major one, but it is still newsworthy.

And, despite the protests to the contrary, the fact that he had run-ins with the law twice for cocaine and marijuana makes me wonder how much he was into drugs. Especially when I know and have seen many, many people try drugs and no one I knew was ever arrested. Yes, I know this is just speculative opinion based on what I have heard of the facts and my life experience, but this site would hardly exist without that.
    No venom from me, kyrjar.

In regards to the above... hearing the details of the case when Bo got caught in possession of cocaine to some degree explains why someone that had casually used drugs got busted. He was not busted because he was high and committed a crime, started a fight, had visible signs of intoxication/abuse, etc. Police had been tipped off that he was there were drugs in his coat pocket. The details sound sketchy, even, as the coat was left alone all night while he performed. The fact that the police didn't show up to the court case and the charge was subsequently dismissed also leans strongly to the fact that they had no case against him.

But... regardless of whether he was a casual user or a heavy user... Bo's apparently never been secretive about his problems. Whatever type of user he was... he isn't now. That's all that matters to me, and I'm pretty comfortable saying I would have believed that even if it were Constantine going through this speculation.

That being said.... Helio, I had a ton of problems getting through to Bo. Most were local phone line issues, but this was the first week that I had major busy signals all the way through to closing. His lines were swamped!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I am glad to hear that he is now drug-free. I wasn't sure about that.

And, like I said, I am a Bo fan. He should be definitely at least be in the final 2. I was a fan after the semis, drifted away thinking that he was more performance than voice, but am now firmly back as a fan. I underestimated his singing ability, voice-wise.

It wasn't my intention to make a big deal of the arrests -- as I was not horrified and am glad to hear he is currently not a drug user -- the posts that argued that the drug arrests were a complete non-issue just bugged me. Honestly, it would bug me more had I heard it about Anthony or Carrie, as it would be inconsistent with the wholesome image. With Bo, there is no inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Helio
    The majority of posters on the Bice boards claim they couldn't get through to vote regardless which part of the States they were in.
    I got through about a dozen or more times last night, in somewhat less than an hour of trying after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Helio
    I had a hard time getting through as well. I was voting for about the last half hour and could only get through like 4 times, I hope that is a good sign for Bo.

Well, I'm guessing I got in about 400 votes for Bo last night.

Text messaging is your friend.

+ Reply to Thread