+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 194 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Here are excerpts from some of the more informative articles I've found that deal with Bo's arrest history. (Most of the online articles seem to parrot other articles, often embellishing and exaggerating by innuendo without adding new info).

http://www.postherald.com/me042905.shtml
    Bo Bice's cousin said the drug arrests of Bice, an "American Idol" contestant, did not result in convictions and should not be held against him.

Police and court documents posted on a Web site Thursday showed Bice, 29, was arrested on drug-related charges in 2001 and 2003. The Web site also reported Bice completed a round of treatment at a drug diversion program.

Bice's lawyer and cousin David Worley confirmed the charges but said although the Helena resident was arrested, he has paid his price, and the charges were never convictions.

... "He is not guilty, by law."

"American Idol" officials ... said they won't disqualify him.

"The information disclosed on various salacious gossip Web sites regarding Bo Bice's past was already well known to Fox and the producers of 'American Idol,' " said "American Idol" spokeswoman Alex Gallespie in a prepared statement. "From the beginning, Bo was honest and forthcoming in revealing his previous indiscretions and their outcome."

The cocaine and marijuana charges were merged, and Bice entered the Columbiana diversion program in 2003. ... The cocaine charge was dismissed in April 2004, and the marijuana charged was dismissed late 2004.

A drug diversion program is a decision made in drug court, which looks for alternative ways to address drug arrests in an effort to prevent future drug use. A plea agreement is signed, and the rights to a trial are waived. The defendant pleads guilty and agrees to be drug free for at least a year. Once the program is completed, the person is considered innocent, according to Jefferson County Judge Pete Johnson.

In Jefferson County, Johnson determines these types of cases, although it is unclear as to whether he ruled in Bice's case.

Worley said that after the cocaine charges case was dismissed, Bice, 29, moved to Atlanta, where his parents lived. When he returned to Alabama, arrangements were made so he could attend a Columbiana treatment center near his Helena home, Worley said.

Worley said he isn't sure which diversion program Bice attended as he was not representing Bice at the time.

Some diversion programs are intense, while others require a person to go into the program for "a few nights," submit to drug tests, talk to probation officers and counselors and eventually work out a dismissal of the cases, he said.

But regardless, "he did successfully complete it, and he has no criminal record," Worley said.
    Last edited by John; 04-30-2005 at 04:33 PM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Well, apparently Bo's dad still says Bo was set up on the cocaine charge, but Granny Madge says that's not so.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp...0&nav=0hBEZHjH ...News of American Idol Bo Bice's past drug arrests has stirred up talk in the Heart of the Valley.

Many of you questioned the relevance of Bo's past.*
    Others questioned the timing of the information leaking to the news media.

Bo's father, Elwin Bice told WAFF 48 News Bo was set up on the cocaine charges by a family member.

Friday in a phone interview, Bo Bice's grandmother, Madge Schofield said a family member never set him up. She also said that while the publicity has certainly hit a nerve in the Heart of the Valley and nationally it hasn't [fazed] her grandson one bit.

"His mother's been crying and crying on about it and [Bo] said, 'Stop it. It's not hurting me. They know all about it, American Idol. And if I'm voted off tomorrow I've accomplished what I've set out to do," said Shofield.

Bo's grandmother says she also questions the timing of the information*but she wouldn't elaborate.

Despite news of Bice's history of drug arrests, there's certainly no shortage of support for the singing sensation. ...

His friends, family and many who don't know Bo say they don't care about his past. They are focused on his future.

Before he was all the rage on American Idol, Bo Bice got his jumpstart as a teenager with his band Purge in Huntsville.

"The first time he ever performed at the Tip Top, a famous café in town, he performed and that first performance was probably as good as what he is doing now on American Idol," said Rudy Galindo ...[who] was the band manager for Purge.*...

http://www.nbc13.com/news/4432789/detail.html

Helena Fans Rally For 'Idol' Despite Past
    ...April 29, 2005
    HELENA, Ala. -- Drive through Bo Bice's hometown of Helena, you can't throw a rock without hitting signs of support for the potential “American Idol.”
    “Bo's a rocker. He's had a past. He's had bumps along the way. As pastor, I hear a lot of things in here in this church. There are none of us that are perfect here,” said the Rev. Donny Acton, of the New Hope Church.

On Thursday, Bice's father said his son was set up in 2001 [on the cocaine posession]. He claims Bo took the fall for a family member already in trouble with the law.

“He's my son, and it didn't happen that way,” said Elwin Bice, Bo Bice's father. “Somebody had put two small plastic containers of cocaine in his pocket and two joints -- marijuana.”

A representative from Fox, which airs the program, said Bice's past was well-known to “American Idol” producers. They said that, from the beginning, Bice was honest and forthcoming in revealing his indiscretions.

Longtime Bice fans in Helena are willing to forgive and forget.

“You live, you grow up and things change,” said Clay Harris, a local Bice fan. “Everyone makes mistakes. It's old news, I think. It's probably behind him. People move on, you know.”

Show analysts said it's unlikely Bice will be kicked off “Idol” because he told producers about his past ahead of time.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 04-30-2005 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erika221
    I am a NY prosecutor and have read through this entire thread because I am such a Bo fan.

As far as the circumstances surrounding Bo's drug charges/convictions, I don't think any of us will ever know what happened, we weren't there. To make judgements that Bo was set-up or Bo was a hardcore abuser is just not practical...we don't know. All the comments regarding the felony possession of coke are correct though....there are no misdemeanor offenses in Alabama. Other than that, we have learned that Bo was charged and convicted of drug offenses period.

That being said, I think the real story lies in the fact that Bo is not the same person that was charged with these offenses. I think that Bo's song choice last week says it all ----- "I don't wanna anything other than what I have been trying to be LATELY."

I for one love what he's been trying to be lately and will continue to clog his phone lines Tuesday night.
    Erika, WORD to your post!
    One important point of correction (carification) , though: Bo neither was convicted nor pled guilty to possession of either cocaine or marijuana.
    As you know, in a plea bargain (in this case opting for a drug diversion program and pleading guilty to misdemeanor public intoxication and paraphernalia posession) you get charges dropped (or not refiled) in exchange for waiving your right to a trial -- and the chance to be acquitted.

I doubt that you meant to imply otherwise. But it really bothers that some people treat a plea bargain as though it implies you were guilty of whatever the original charges were. It does not.

What we know is: Bo was charged with drug posession and related misdemeanor charges. He completed a diversion program and has a misdemeanor record for public intoxication and posession of marijuana paraphernalia.

All of that was 2 to 4 years ago.

On another forum, the word is that Bo's girlfriend is pregnant. Has anyone over here heard anything?

Actually i saw that Bo's girlfriend but it was reported by "Star" magazine so i am not putting much stock into that.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    ok i will admit ive only skimmed the thread since the 'news borke' but I find it laughable how willing people are to damn someone for things in their past.. whatever they may be. People are so unwilling to let the past be the past. If Bo did have trouble with drugs of any kind in the past.. thats what it is THE PAST.

People make mistakes, of ALL KINDS.. I am not gonna say hes in the music business so its ok everyone done it and that makes it ok. However I am sure many people of a certian age have 'tried thihgs' legal or not. How many people under the age of 21 (in the US) have drank.. how many have tried pot.. howmany have been in fights. It is part of life to a point and most people move past it an see its not a great thing to do.

People just need to get off their high horses and see him (or whoever in whatever case) for who and what they are to day. Most times going through things like this and coming out ok make you a better person for seeing the mistake and knowing it was just that, a mistake and moving on.

This doesnt change my opinion of Bo one bit.

He still gets my vote, no matter what. This whole thing is a non-issue,to me anyhow, as he was never convicted of anything.

What I *do* find interesting is that this was broken by thesmokinggun.com-- owned by CourtTV, which is owned by NBC. And that the news broke the DAY AFTER Connie was booted. My guess? Whoever owns GE has a daughter that is a huge Connie fan....LOL.

Bo still rocks, bar none. And he's still me reality tv boyfriend!

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean
    On another forum, the word is that Bo's girlfriend is pregnant. ...
    Omigod, if that's true it means they had sex!!! I'm shocked! Just shocked!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella
    Erika, WORD to your post!
    One important point of correction (carification) , though: Bo neither was convicted nor pled guilty to possession of either cocaine or marijuana.
    As you know, in a plea bargain (in this case opting for a drug diversion program and pleading guilty to misdemeanor public intoxication and paraphernalia posession) you get charges dropped (or not refiled) in exchange for waiving your right to a trial -- and the chance to be acquitted.

I doubt that you meant to imply otherwise. But it really bothers that some people treat a plea bargain as though it implies you were guilty of whatever the original charges were. It does not.

What we know is: Bo was charged with drug posession and related misdemeanor charges. He completed a diversion program and has a misdemeanor record for public intoxication and posession of marijuana paraphernalia.

All of that was 2 to 4 years ago.
    Thanks Grisabella - you are correct - there are no drug possession convictions, I stand corrected Either way though, I don't care...it was 2 to 4 years ago, like you said.

It is just very sad to see all these self-righteous and very judgemental people clamour about this endlessly.
    I shutter to think what skeletons they have hiding in their closets. Is so easy for us to judge, but so difficult for us to be judged.

So, to all of you that dare to judge Bo Bice on the stories that you read, or Scott Savol for that matter, take a good look at yourself first and then tell me what you think. What's hiding in your closet?

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl
    I wasn't responding to your post- i was responding to qberts post and unfortunatley I chose yours by mistake. I'm having a bad night. Sorry. I agree with you r original post and this one as well- awhy on earth we as a society pay so much attention to and shower adulation on celebrities and sports stars is beyond me.
    Thanks for clarifying. I was just hoping I wasn't being misunderstood

+ Reply to Thread