+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 194 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133183 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Read past the first line, redsox girl.... he says

I'm 36 and grew up with U2. Bono was never perfect, and he has never claimed to be. Sure, he lives a clean Christian life now, but he'd be the first one to tell you that he's been through the struggles of a rock career. And that's even further testimony to the fact that Bo's past does not determine his future.
    believe it or not i am capable of reading past the first line ( I read the whole article) and as I wrote I too am a fan from way back and no where in my post did I suggest Bono was a sain t or perfect, I mean the man tried to stab his older brother when they were kids. I simply staed he does not use drugs. That any experimentation on his part was short lived from his teen years ( again refer to the passage about his friends death from heroin) and that his staement " I'm on drugs" was not literal , which I already explained in my post. What you wrote about Bo, I already staed in previous posts I've been defending him left and right ( we are not defined by momnets in our past but by the whole of who we are in the present) I was responsding originally( whwn I mentioned Bono) to someones post who said there wasn't one rock star who hasn't done drugs. That's a rather generalized staement and suggests the only way one can be a true rock and roller is to indulge and that's just not factual.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl
    believe it or not i am capable of reading past the first line ( I read the whole article) and as I wrote I too am a fan from way back and no where in my post did I suggest Bono was a sain t or perfect, I mean the man tried to stab his older brother when they were kids. I simply staed he does not use drugs. That any experimentation on his part was short lived from his teen years ( again refer to the passage about his friends death from heroin) and that his staement " I'm on drugs" was not literal , which I already explained in my post. What you wrote about Bo, I already staed in previous posts I've been defending him left and right ( we are not defined by momnets in our past but by the whole of who we are in the present) I was responsding originally( whwn I mentioned Bono) to someones post who said there wasn't one rock star who hasn't done drugs. That's a rather generalized staement and suggests the only way one can be a true rock and roller is to indulge and that's just not factual.
    Not to be argumentative at all.... but the original statement to which you replied stated exactly that: name one band/performer that has NEVER tried drugs... to which you emphatically replied "Bono!" In your above post you acknowledge that he has experimented. Enough said... that's all that my post was about.

The original statement in no way, shape, or form implied that the only way one can be a true rock and roller is to indulge. It simply stated that most rock stars have and it's quite difficult to name one that hasn't. Case in point: no one has named one person.

And I know you've been supportive of Bo. I didn't mean to imply that you, personally, weren't. It was a means of tying in a perfect example of the fact that celebrities who have committed felonies, including drugs, can indeed be people that can be reformed and become productive and valuable members of society.... a statement that others have tried to imply is impossible.
    Last edited by Broadway; 04-29-2005 at 08:43 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain
    Posting the article to let you know some of the local response. Like I said previously, I'm voting Bo.

Article from The Birmingham News 04/29/05
    http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnew...6845317980.xml
    Thanks for the good article, Bama. Bo's still the genuine article to me.
    I support the right to arm bears.

hey YOU and YOU and YOU

Your perfect right!!! Hang Bo!!

I'm so sick of people acting like they're all above others when we all have our own skeletons.

Give him and Scott a break.

Especially people who have made mistakes and have improved their lives due to their choices.

I give Bo and Scott a lot of credit them knowing this would probably come out. gawwwwwwwwwd........ people drive me crazy sometimessssss
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Sounds like a great Jeopardy question: "This rock star never used drugs." ........5 minutes.....Buzz! Times up. "Who is..." Man, this is really a tough question. I need a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Sounds like a great Jeopardy question: "This rock star never used drugs." ........5 minutes.....Buzz! Times up. "Who is..." Man, this is really a tough question. I need a drink.
    aw PB leave it to you to bring a laugh

very cute
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by clay crazy
    I don't want to set myself up for bashing because I know not everyone here likes him, but to me Clay's been doing a pretty good job of trying to be a decent role model for kids.
    Clay Crazy - Clay is a good role model, but he's not "cool," so no kids (or more accurately, teenagers) are going to try to be like him. Can you picture Clay in those black & white Barkley commercials saying, "I am not a role model."? Clay is a wonderful singer and a charmer of an opie, but he's not someone most teens are going to emulate. If there is a frail, pale, freckled and bespeckeled youth with the voice of an angel and the ambiguous sexuality of a eunch, perhaps Clay's good example will sway him from drugs.

FORT Fogey
    Come on guys, all the cool kids do coke. It must be ok.

Dagny

I think a role model is much more relatable and effective when they can speak from personal experience.

Anyhow.... He rocked the house last week, and I can't wait to hear what he sings next week: that's what I'd rather talk about.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Fogey
    Based on what ive seen, i'd be happier with a Bo win than any other contestant left (I was a Nadia fan but that doesnt matter anymore). I guess im willing to forget his transgressions if it saves me from a Carrie win.

+ Reply to Thread