+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 194 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1940
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

  1. #811
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by meeka6
    Can someone explain to why AI is so selective about some peoples criminal records and others being just disregarded???? WTF is wrong with these people?!?! Arent there several potential Idols who have been given the boot because of their previous criminal histories?!?!? I just dont get it.
    The people who got booted didn't tell AI about their arrests. Whereas Scott and Bo were honest. That must be the difference.

  2. #812
    On My Way Here Grisabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    I was wondering when someone would say something about that.

    However, I'm not dead set against drug usage. As far as I'm concerned, casual usage is fine. What I am saying is that there's a distinction between casual usage and an arrest for felony drug possession...two things that, in my view, don't reside in the same galaxy.
    Warhol, you may have been posting at the same time I was posting this reply to you Bo Bice but please read it if you're still under the impression that in Alabama there's any such thing as "misdemeanor cocaine posession."
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

  3. #813
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbert
    Awwww, it turns out I was wrong.....he already HAD the high.

    Yes, this will be the perfect role model to parade out in front of thousands of kids. I'll let him slide on the marijuana charge, but a FELONY cocaine bust? At a strip club, no less?


    I'm assuming you have led a life free of human frailty and shortcoming to make such a decisive judgement on Bo Bice (and by extension anyone walking around with a past- and that's just about everyone) to judge a human being as motrally unnacceptable based on moments of his life rather than the whole of his life is to me indicitiive of a very self righteous myoptic view of those around us. To dismiss someones goodness, their ability to be good and decent based on past indiscresions tells me the one in judgement is without the ability to empathise and accept the whole of the person because the focus is on damning -the whole of the person, all that is good and decent in that person, because we are too focused on imperfections rather than the goodness which makes up the souls of most men.

  4. #814
    FORT Fogey clay crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,159
    Can you name me somebody who is a current role model to the kids out there who is a good one?
    I don't want to set myself up for bashing because I know not everyone here likes him, but to me Clay's been doing a pretty good job of trying to be a decent role model for kids.

    Chach, you are cracking me up with your posts today.

    Mrs.Dr.NoahDrake said:
    That being said, if I used past drug use as a reason to reject an artist, it would decimate my CD collection. Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, The Who...even my cheesy Billy Idol collection!


    Bo's still got my vote!

    BTW, it's so nice to see Fort back up today!!!
    Last edited by clay crazy; 04-29-2005 at 07:21 PM.

  5. #815
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella
    Warhol, you may have been posting at the same time I was posting this reply to you Bo Bice but please read it if you're still under the impression that in Alabama there's any such thing as "misdemeanor cocaine posession."

    a felony charge in Alabama and say new hampshire isn't quite what it seems-someone charged with a felony is not usuallly a drug dealer or thug pushing it on others- a felony arrest is more often than not based on a small amount present on the person- kind of how the rockefeller laws in new york stae sent people away for decade stretches who were caught smoking a single joint. Felony charges have become catch all phrases snaring both the casual useror even first timer as well as someone on the opsote end, like a dealer. there is no leniency or dsparity in the law, unless your'e you know, rich, rich and white, rich, white and know somebody..but, I'm just being cynical...

  6. #816
    On My Way Here Grisabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    Not surprised and not that bothered.

    I do however wonder how Donnie Williams feel right about now. I think he definitely got a raw deal given that they kicked him off and kept Bo with his past. I just don't see the consistency in keeping one and booting the other.
    Again, as someone posted a bit earlier, Donny's bust came right as the AI3 finalists were being selected. In view of the way his case was ultimately resolved, he was allowed to audition again for this year. (Either he chose not to or he didn't make the cut. Timing, as they say in comedy, is everything.)
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

  7. #817
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl
    I didn't realize ones past defines who we are in the present. When we choose to judge another person as worthless and bad based on not the history of their life, but a few moments from it, we come dangerously close to shutting ourselves off from the worl as a whole- we become self serving self righteous petty and small, unwilling and unable to embrace other people because we have cast them as worthless, assigned a scarlet letter to them and in the end , we are alone in life save for our own self righteous arrogance for company...
    Hope you aren't directing this at me, Red Sox girl, since you used my post as a quote....because I am definitely not the person you are describing. All I was basically trying to say was, we all make mistakes, we hopefully learn from them, and we go on. And why are we holding these idol contestants up to a higher standard than we do our celebraties and sports stars?

  8. #818
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Hope you aren't directing this at me, Red Sox girl, since you used my post as a quote....because I am definitely not the person you are describing. All I was basically trying to say was, we all make mistakes, we hopefully learn from them, and we go on. And why are we holding these idol contestants up to a higher standard than we do our celebraties and sports stars?
    I wasn't responding to your post- i was responding to qberts post and unfortunatley I chose yours by mistake. I'm having a bad night. Sorry. I agree with you r original post and this one as well- awhy on earth we as a society pay so much attention to and shower adulation on celebrities and sports stars is beyond me.

  9. #819
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Ahhh... but you're wrong, redsox girl. Bono has done drugs.

    http://www.motherjones.com/arts/books/1989/05/bono.html

    I'm a fan from way back when- I can assure you Bonoe did not mean he was literallly on drugs LOL he meant he certainly has the dispositon, the means, the envioronment and at times acts like he needs a few to shut him up and calm him down. His work in Ireland along with that of his wife to combat rampant drug use is testamnet to that. His reference to heroin usage in song and his caginess in answering whether or not he is refering to himself is typical of the old bono of the late 1980's. His experience with heroin is not first hand but based on the struggle ( and ultimatley the death of) a close friend duiring Bono's teenage years. Bono, like many other kids of the 1970's experimented very briefly then chose to stop for a variety of personal reasons. he does not rely on drugs to help him creatively - his spiritual beliefs are his drug of choice, to be honest. Does he drink a few, oh yeah. But drugs. No. he's got to much to do. Somehow can't picture some toked up guy leading the world polititions and religious leaders in the cause to eradicate third world debt....

  10. #820
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl
    I'm a fan from way back when- I can assure you Bonoe did not mean he was literallly on drugs LOL he meant he certainly has the dispositon, the means, the envioronment and at times acts like he needs a few to shut him up and calm him down. His work in Ireland along with that of his wife to combat rampant drug use is testamnet to that. His reference to heroin usage in song and his caginess in answering whether or not he is refering to himself is typical of the old bono of the late 1980's. His experience with heroin is not first hand but based on the struggle ( and ultimatley the death of) a close friend duiring Bono's teenage years. Bono, like many other kids of the 1970's experimented very briefly then chose to stop for a variety of personal reasons. he does not rely on drugs to help him creatively - his spiritual beliefs are his drug of choice, to be honest. Does he drink a few, oh yeah. But drugs. No. he's got to much to do. Somehow can't picture some toked up guy leading the world polititions and religious leaders in the cause to eradicate third world debt....
    Read past the first line, redsox girl.... he says
    I have experimented. No, I don't think that it is something that everybody has to do, one, just to be alive, or two, to write great songs.
    I'm 36 and grew up with U2. Bono was never perfect, and he has never claimed to be. Sure, he lives a clean Christian life now, but he'd be the first one to tell you that he's been through the struggles of a rock career. And that's even further testimony to the fact that Bo's past does not determine his future.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.