+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 194 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by Omega169
    [B][I] I am his cousin and of course I have a biased opinion. But I don't believe he has to worry about Constantine. The other people are great performers and he does have some pretty good competition. I can't wait till they start mixing up the music. Bo can sing anything.....He will impress American by showing that yes he is a rocker but he is a universal musician and there is nothing that he can't do. I don't think American Idol gives him enough air time yet but a bit of mystery is good I guess.....

Omega169,

It's one of my pet peeves with AI that they have given some people a lot of air time before we vote and others have not gotten any air-time at all. Bo gave a outstanding performance so he was able to push himself out in front.

I re-listened to Monday's tape while I was working at my computer and I have to say Bo had the best voice of Monday's performances. (Ah, yes I like the show that much.. ) It's very unique and distinct. Some of the other men have really good voices but I haven't seen any that are really unique.

Simon paid Bo a high compliment when he said he had a good recording voice.

Songs he should sing:

"Here is Gone" by Goo Goo Dolls
    "I Believe" by Third Day
    any Creed or Vertical Horizon song

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    Omega169,
    Simon paid Bo a high compliment when he said he had a good recording voice.
    That's Simon's ultimate compliment--since, as he frequently says--"We're here to find a recording artist."

FORT Regular
    Bo really stands out as a star more than any of the other men. I like him because he's not so flashy, his voice and performing does the speaking. He doesn't need flashy dance moves or super fashionable clothes. The more I think about it, he seems like he'll make it all the way. I totally want to hear him sing a CCR song. BO IS MY BOY!

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes
    who let matt dillion out of singles?
    OOOOOO! *dies laughing* That's just WRONG....but you hit it on the head!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Count me in as one who was "wowed". So much in fact that I actually picked up the phone and voted for my first time in all four AI's. I thought to myself, "there's no way we can let him leave the show this early."
    Same here Speedy. I thought he did an incredible job and I want him to stick around. Can't wait to see his versatility in other genres.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by pokealot214
    ... I thought Bo's version of 'Drift Away' was better in my opinion than the one released not that long ago by Unkle Kracker...

I so expect Bo - and Constantine - to make the top 12!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by balladman
    Between him and the other rocker, I'd say Bo is the better singer. This was already apparent in their group audition when they both sang the song -- THE LETTER.

I see why Constantine may seem to have "charisma" ( Simon's words not mine ) ... I hear the girls all screaming. But Constantine needs some tooth whitener and shampoo to go with the sexy 'tude.

But Bo's performance in the first night was the best of the 12. Constantine's was a disappointment.

In fact, I can even see Bo doing Big Band. Hey, if rocker Rod Stewart can make people forget Louis Armstrong's version of What a Wonderful World, I don't see why Bo can't do the same.

This guy is the keeper of the two rockers ( that is, if there's any justice ).
    I don't expect Bo to unseat Constantine, because Constantine has a smouldering sensuality that's gonna get him a lot of young female fans. Bo may well do as well or better with male viewers, because he definitely has a far better voice. (And, yes, I could tell that in the ca. 5 sec. of air time they gave his singing in the AI auditions! But he had already won me over the way he ran out and jumped onto the stage.)

As for charisma, if we're talking ON STAGE, I couldn't disagree more with Simon! Constantine may "act more like a rock star" off stage - but I'm not sure that's a plus. Bo comes off as down to earth, and like a really nice guy, not flashy, but he really worked the audience when he sang.

And, yeah, I can imagine him doing big band, Motown, whatever. But if you think Rod Stewart's "Wonderful World" will ever make most people forget Louis Armstrong's, think again! :nono

Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl91
    I thought BO did an amazing job last night. I mean, I that song, and he did a wonderful job on it!! I didnt think he was that good of a singer until I watched him last night. For some reason, I just cant see him representing America as the next American Idol Maybe its just me??
    Bo's definitely my favorite, and the only one I really care about staying in the competition. But I don't think he will win, nor do I think it'd be the best thing for him.

AI may serve some artists better if they make it to the top 3 or 4 but
    don't "win." They can still get recording contracts and have built up fan bases and get lots of publicity, but without the baggage of the AI contract and label.

Bo, I think, needs to be able to play his instruments and be in a band, and I don't see that happening for the official "American Idol" in the year after a win. So if Bo makes it to the top 6 and then gets to go out on his own, I think he'll be fine career-wise.

The FOX local station has a reporter on-site in LA to cover local boy Bo. Not much news to report, except that he said he isn't engaged (apparently discounting rumors to that effect). Bo talked about where he's lived as a military brat, how he landed in Helena (a really quaint and nice suburb of Birmingham--he came to visit a friend and liked the place so much that he rented an apt. that weekend), the kinds of music he likes (all kinds, basically--blues, southern gospel, contemporary Christian, heavy metal, rock). He comes across as very likeable and down-to-earth.

+ Reply to Thread