+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 194 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisaballad
    a guy who actually learnt "massage therapy"....won "hard body" contest, loves to cook, into gospel rock,wears a shirt stitched by his granma when he could wear lots of other great stuff...his voice and talent goes without saying,cos we all melt when we hear his voice!!.....Now,is it possible to get better than this?? Love ya,Bo :-)

What? Massage Therapy?! What's this about? I checked a little further back in this thread and couldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    Actually, Bo's was about the only performance from Show Tunes that I actually enjoyed. I guess it's all in the eye (or ear) of the beholder
    & I love the man!!!
    I truly think the final 2 will be Bo & Constantine...
    A Rocker hasn't won/something different & a finale between the 2 "Rockers" would ROCK so to speak!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl
    What? Massage Therapy?!
    Here's an article about Bo's massage training:
    http://huntsville.about.com/od/hunts...s/bobice_4.htm
    I had a type of massage therapy to fix an overuse injury that would've otherwise ended my career. I think Bo's license is just general massage therapy though.

As far as AI, I think Bo is a little too independent for this "gig". He is probably getting a lot closer look now at what he'd have to commit to for the next few years, and he's probably questioning whether or not he wants the bondage. Some people are willing to accept it for the perks that come with it. Some aren't.

I do think that if he doesn't fully want an AI commitment, he ought to back out rather than just lay back and leave his destiny up to American voters. It's almost like he isn't capable of making the decision himself. 'Whatever happens happens, dude.' It's one thing to be laid back -- but another thing to refuse to steer your own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by cake
    I'd like Bo to spend five minutes of his life pressing redial on his phone. He would find that it is the loooooonnngest most mind-numbingly boring five minutes of his life. I think if he did that just once he might rethink his careless words.
    WHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT????? :rolleyes

Re: the Bo comments-- I'll repeat what I said on the American Idol boards where this has also caught a lot of controversy. There really IS no room for debate over what Bo did or didn't mean by them. It was quite clear that he was being very laid back about his fate-- even accepting. He may have even been a little defeatist. But arrogant? I can't even believe there would even be speculation about his attitude!

And frankly, I'm appalled by the way people are misreading his comments. This suggests to me that there's this belief that when someone loses or is in danger of losing on ANY show, they should be so humble as to have a nervous breakdown on camera, or beg and plead to keep his position, or literally grovel to the judges and the audiences in gratitude. How absurd! In an odd way, the negative reaction to Bo's attitude reminds me of what happened to Tiffany on ANTM4 when she, too, didn't cry when she lost. It's like, the Sore Loser model is no longer a standard; to be a Gracious Loser is some sort of an insult or a sign of arrogance and ingratitude?!
    Last edited by taylorn; 04-17-2005 at 08:34 AM. Reason: typos galore! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Bellenote, I don't see the big deal of that comment either. I don't think he was trying to be rude, just his laid back self
    I didn't think Bo was being arrogant or rude either. I do wonder if he was just a little disappointed in his performance and was like, "If this is how it is, I will just accept it and go back to my music." He's such a good performer, I would like him to give it all he's got.

If the theme is really Disco, he should do just fine. Both Rock and Disco require PASSION and I hope that will return on Tuesday!

Thank you for the great photo, Jocelyns!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "Gracious"............the perfect way to describe Bo.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    "Gracious"............the perfect way to describe Bo.
    I would also add mature! I don't think we see that often enough in the contestants (or the judges for that matter), and that is so refreshing!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Here's an article about Bo's massage training:
    http://huntsville.about.com/od/hunts...s/bobice_4.htm
    I had a type of massage therapy to fix an overuse injury that would've otherwise ended my career. I think Bo's license is just general massage therapy though.

As far as AI, I think Bo is a little too independent for this "gig". He is probably getting a lot closer look now at what he'd have to commit to for the next few years, and he's probably questioning whether or not he wants the bondage. Some people are willing to accept it for the perks that come with it. Some aren't.

I do think that if he doesn't fully want an AI commitment, he ought to back out rather than just lay back and leave his destiny up to American voters. It's almost like he isn't capable of making the decision himself. 'Whatever happens happens, dude.' It's one thing to be laid back -- but another thing to refuse to steer your own destiny.

Wow, thanks FireFlyer! I'm a massage therapist myself, that's why I was so interested. Perhaps Bo and I should do a "trade"

I agree he's most likely finding out that he's not really that interested in being their puppet. One bad thing : When Paula asked him during the elimination show if he thought he had what it takes to win this competition, his answer was so lukewarm. That was the time for a "hell yeah, you bet I do" type of answer, and he fell flat, and it was so obvious.

Bo's Comments Last Week

While I will admit for a moment that Bo's comments first came off as a bit defetist, I think that gracious is the most appropriate term to describe him. He told us that he will be fine because he can go back to making music and playing gigs....obviously music is a true passion in his life. While some contestants have displayed this, i.e. Nadia, I think that this contest should not just revolve around who has the best voice or who is the best looking on stage...It's a contestant about passion and passion for music....not just singing the notes. Who would make the best American Idol? I think it is a combination of talent, passion and love for performing that should win the day.

With that said.....I will be voting double time to keep Bo around. I encourage everyone to join me!!!

redsoxgirl!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

+ Reply to Thread