+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 194 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Bo gave the logical answer to the question Ryan asked. He said his life will go on fine. What do people expect? Here would be the alternative; "Darn, Ryan, my whole career and well-being depends on winning the coveted, cherished and awesome AMERICA IDOL TITLE. Please judges and audience, support me, support me "
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-15-2005 at 11:39 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl
    Carlos Santana doesn't seem to question their legitamcy
    Speaking of which, "Smooth" is another song which, no disrespect to Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty, is great because of the instrumentals and not the vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Bellenote, I don't see the big deal of that comment either. I don't think he was trying to be rude, just his laid back self
    Yeah, I think all he was saying is that he wasn't going to be dejected if he had to leave because he made it further in the competition than he ever dreamed that he would and has had a great time. I don't know how people can turn that into a negative. Bo is a really down to earth guy, and I like that about him. I think he is just happy that he can make a living as a musician, and anything beyond that is gravy.

I do agree with Bellenote that his performances have been rather lackluster recently and 'Remedy' is not one of his best songs. I would have bet he'd perform 'Drift Away' instead of 'Remedy' on Wednesday. I think 'Drift Away' would have really re-energized his fans. ('Whippin' Post' may have been his best performance, but given the downer tone of the night, 'Drift Away' would have been a better choice of song.)

I think this competition has been difficult for Bo and Nadia especially. They've been around longer as performers and have strong identities as artists, which are tough to compromise - especially on national TV with a bunch of teenyboppers in the audience. It has to be hard for a guy like Bo to be told "OK guys, this week we're singing showtunes."

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Bo gave the logical answer to the question Ryan asked. He said his life will go on fine. What do people expect? Here would be the alternative; "Darn, Ryan, my whole career and well-being depends on winning the coveted, cherished and awesome AMERICA IDOL TITLE. Please judges and audience, support me, support me "
    Logical? I don't think so. The logical thing to do would be to approach it as Nadia did. Bo came acrossed as arrogant and lackluster at best. "I only did this on a bet with my mom". He was stinging that he was falling from grace with his Idol "fans" and he was acting like it. It was not a laid-back attitude it was more of a preschoolers reaction to being told no.

If Bo truly didn't want to be there, he would have joined Mario on the bus home when he had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Logical? I don't think so. The logical thing to do would be to approach it as Nadia did. Bo came acrossed as arrogant and lackluster at best. "I only did this on a bet with my mom". He was stinging that he was falling from grace with his Idol "fans" and he was acting like it. It was not a laid-back attitude it was more of a preschoolers reaction to being told no.

If Bo truly didn't want to be there, he would have joined Mario on the bus home when he had a chance.
    I disagree. Bo should not try to be like Nadia (obviously, as she got voted off), but to be like Bo. He is not a tool of AI, the judges or some contrived idea of what he thinks the audience wants to hear. I like that he is not vote pimping, like Constantine, making bedroom eyes at the camera and mouthing "call me" at every opportunity. He just answered the question Ryan asked honestly, which I respect. Bo didn't say he didn't want to be there, or I am sure he wouldn't. What he said was, what is the worst that can happen if he is cut? He's gotten a lot of exposure that will allow him to persue a career in music, so what is to lose? And it's the truth.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    Bo didn't say he didn't want to be there, or I am sure he wouldn't. What he said was, what is the worst that can happen if he is cut? He's gotten a lot of exposure that will allow him to persue a career in music, so what is to lose? And it's the truth.
    I never said he said he didn't want to be there, he came acrossed as if it was just something to do.

I don't care what he says or does to or for the judges. However, his fans (and I was one of them) deserve a little better than the "oh well" attitude that he portrayed on Wednesday night's show.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I never said he said he didn't want to be there, he came acrossed as if it was just something to do.

I don't care what he says or does to or for the judges. However, his fans (and I was one of them) deserve a little better than the "oh well" attitude that he portrayed on Wednesday night's show.
    Well, different fans like different kinds of people.

If one likes people who express only fervid determination and desperation to win a particular contest, then one must probably get off the Bo train.

If, on the other hand, people seem healthier and more interesting to you when they accept a good thing for what it is rather than demanding that it be more and more before they're satisfied, then you can still be his fan.

I'm in the second group -- seems to me his repeatedly saying "it's all good" and the like might represent a hard-won lesson in enjoying every day and every privilege you've got rather than biting your nails over the possibility that you won't get the *next* privilege that's out there as well. I think that many people who've been active in the back waters of the music business as long as he has have come to this stage, as a condition of remaining in that business at all.

Obviously, his recent remarks are susceptible to two quite different interpretations, as the varying responses to them show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Bo seems to live by the saying "To Thine Own Self Be True". Living by this makes life much less stressful, and keeps one's blood pressure down! Sometimes you realize, well into a process, that you're not as interested in it as you thought. When that realization hits you, you can hardly go on with it. I fully understand that mindset.

Sometimes there just comes a point.............and you're almost faking it if you stay involved.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan
    Bo's problem is that he wants to be a famous musician where everyone else just wants to be famous.
    "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" - a wise third grade shop teacher

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes
    Bo's problem is that he wants to be a famous musician where everyone else just wants to be famous.
    Aww man....great way to look at it...I believe that completely!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread