+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 194 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

FORT Regular
    Here's a nice pic of Bo for all you Bo fans.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Fellow Bo fans, the following is an excellent analysis from natashapierre who was responding to a libgirl post in the 4/13 show thread. Props to libgirl for the original theory:

I think you make a good point. A true "music head" (Bo) may find the AI experience despiriting.

I can sort of speak to that from personal experience. I, like your husband, am a HUGE music fan and always have been. In fact, one of my best friends says that I listen to so much (and such a diverse collection of) music that my life practically has a soundtrack. So it came as no surprise to anyone around me when I chose music business (basically a biz degree focused on the music industry) as my major in college.

However, the experience was sobering. The more I learned about the music biz and all of its deeply ingrained sleaze and chintz, the less I wanted to be a part of it. So, after spending my entire life up to that point wanting to be an A&R guy and a producer, I ended up becoming a writer instead -- still a lover of music, but completely and profoundly turned off by the vile nature of the industry itself.

Granted, Bo probably isn't facing the exact same realization that I confronted. But I can see him, or someone who fits the same general profile, thinking that a show as banal and superficial as AI is not the right place for a truly artistic person to be. In other words, disillusionment about the show's lack of artistic credibility may be starting to take hold of both his mind and his performances (as displayed last night IMO)

I think Nadia had the same issues with this show, but she chose to pick the songs that suited her artistic integrity. While that may have gotten her booted off the show prematurely, she got enough face time to interest record producers of alternative labels. She also kept her spirits up by marching to her own tune. Bo needs to find a way to do that. I do think he will get a lot of her votes, tho, cuz of her rocker sensibility.
    Actually, Pillbeam, the post you attributed to natashapierre was written by me. Oops!

I am with those who attribute Bo's statements to the laid back attitude, rather than arrogance. I got the feeling he entered the contest to do what he loves, performing. I would rather see someone who comes out to perform because he loves it, than one who is doing it for the fame and money. Bo seems like that kind of person to me.
    I believe he was saying he enjoyed the experience, and is taking it as an experience, not as a make it or break it deal. Let's be honest here, does anyone believe that he would be crushed if he went home? I don't.
    Here's a theory, maybe he doesn't want to win. Maybe he has realized if he does, the control of the contract he would have to sign if he did would inhibit his talents.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy
    Matchbox Twenty and Sheryl Crow?
    In the same breath?

I didn't know Matchbox Twenty was considered legitimate music....
    Carlos Santana doesn't seem to question their legitamcy

FORT Fanatic
    Hi Everyone! I've only been watching the show since the week he sang Time In A Bottle. Can anyone tell me what songs he did in the earlier weeks that were apparently so good that they are making what he's done lately seem bad?! I think he's done an amazing job, since I've seen him, at least. So what was he doing earlier on that was so much better? (in Simon's eyes at least)

Idol Fan
    Fellow Night Owl, chances are, if you read through this thread you will find the answer to your question! My favorite of Bo's that came earlier than you watched, to mention one, was The Allman Brothers' "Whipping Post"!

The whole hullabaloo over Bo's remark seems ridiculous to me. He's always shown himself to be genuine, sweet, authentic, and an easy-going guy. No big deal. I liked his attitude.

I have to admit as much as I loved him in the beginning, I lost the extra oomph I felt towards him, later on - it got a bit watered down, though I never stopped liking him. I don't at all like that Remedy song, and feel he's stopped pouring out the same passion and energy and great performances he had earlier. "Free Bird" is one of the world's most overdone songs in Rock and would never fit a singer doing it in a singing competition. I didn't like that the songs I first loved were songs he'd done and done in his band, at least I believe he said that himself, at some point, I think regarding choosing "Spinning Wheel." Now that song is a perfect fit for him and his voice!

On the other hand, I really like his voice a lot, and I like him. I hope he puts more concentration and joy and passion and focus into his next performances. And for those who said differently, I'll say here that Nadia gave outstanding performances, and she'll sorely be missed. I thought a competition between (actually duets with Bo would be the most fantastic) her and Bo would have made this show and given it the Finale to end all Finales. The two of them are the only real rockers in this. No one else. By continuing to be in this, even if he doesn't mind either way about winning, which is all to his own good, he should at least throw himself into going full out and try to land in 2nd place! Going too soon (for failing to put passion and the energy and ambition to do better into this) isn't a good thing - especially when it leaves so many horrible amateurs to survive.

I hope Bo brings his game up again.

As some others have said Bo has lost some of his lustre. I really like his atttiude & performances but I think for the last 3-4 weeks he seems to be on auto pilot or something. I just can't put my finger on it but I sure do want him to step it up some & stick around. Also, I might add that given the chance to perform one of his songs again I was very disappointed he didn't do Whipping Post. That was the one that put him on the map & Remedy seems to be the one where he started to lose his way.

Quote Originally Posted by jocelyns
    Here's a nice pic of Bo for all you Bo fans.
    jocelyns that is a great picture of him. Love him with shorter hair Thanks for sharing.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    Actually, Pillbeam, the post you attributed to natashapierre was written by me. Oops!
    Sorry Warhol. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellenote
    The whole hullabaloo over Bo's remark seems ridiculous to me. He's always shown himself to be genuine, sweet, authentic, and an easy-going guy. No big deal. I liked his attitude.

Bellenote, I don't see the big deal of that comment either. I don't think he was trying to be rude, just his laid back self
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread