+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 194 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

I"m GLAD Bo didn't go home last night, either..because he certainly had a better performance than Nadia's Tuesday night, IMO.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Yeah, I was a little puzzled that he didn't take advantage of the power potential of that song. He sounded a little weary to me.
    Exactly. And last night he sat there and said he didn't care if he stayed or went. He totally seems "over it" if that makes sense. He'll be there a few more weeks but I do think he'll find himself in the bottom three a few more times unless he steps it up. He doesn't need to outsing everyone, just Constantine. That will help win his votes back. The demographic voting for Bo will vote for Constantine, too, so that is where he needs to steal his votes from.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    I"m GLAD Bo didn't go home last night, either..because he certainly had a better performance than Nadia's Tuesday night, IMO.
    I disagree with this. The only reason Nadia failed is because nobody really knew the song. She sang it absolutely beautifully. Bo's performance was no better than an electric karoake rendition. I still like him better than Constantine, but he better pick it up. "Remedy" is not a favorite song of mine, but at least it gives us a better idea of his vocal talent. I could sing Free Bird as well as he did. He deserved the B3 because it's like he's done with this competition. He's not trying anymore.

Nadia failed because she did a boring song that nobody knew, and she lost her edge.

I like Bo all the more because he sees this competition for what it is. And for realizing that no matter how it turns out, he has the power to perform and to take the exposure he has received and make the most out of it. And most of all, I respect him for not becoming a total cheeseball like Constantine, mugging for the cameras and acting like an idiot.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Okay, I have to say I burst out laughing when Bo made his comments about having had a great time on AI and not being particularly worried if he was eliminated ("I'll just head on home, play my gigs, hang with my friends and family...it's all good!") I think Ryan was a little floored by that response and I think the judges were a little peeved, but personally I thought it was great. He is either the most laid back "go with the flow" guy I've ever seen or a damn good actor.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    my friend was disgruntled with that comment. bo lost votes with that comment last night. i don't really care either way... i think the music industry needs more people who don't care about fame and money and just stay true to themselves. while i'm not a fan of bo, i wouldn't mind seeing him around in the future
    Praise seitan!

Quote Originally Posted by mom3
    Okay, I have to say I burst out laughing when Bo made his comments about having had a great time on AI and not being particularly worried if he was eliminated ("I'll just head on home, play my gigs, hang with my friends and family...it's all good!") I think Ryan was a little floored by that response and I think the judges were a little peeved, but personally I thought it was great. He is either the most laid back "go with the flow" guy I've ever seen or a damn good actor.
    I loved that comment. I really do think he is a "go with the flow" type of guy. He's not willing to sell out his style or his soul to be an American Idol, but just enjoy the experience and have fun. A really healthy attitude.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2
    I loved that comment. I really do think he is a "go with the flow" type of guy. He's not willing to sell out his style or his soul to be an American Idol, but just enjoy the experience and have fun. A really healthy attitude.
    One more reason why I love this guy!

Fellow Bo fans, the following is an excellent analysis from natashapierre who was responding to a libgirl post in the 4/13 show thread. Props to libgirl for the original theory:

I think you make a good point. A true "music head" (Bo) may find the AI experience despiriting.

I can sort of speak to that from personal experience. I, like your husband, am a HUGE music fan and always have been. In fact, one of my best friends says that I listen to so much (and such a diverse collection of) music that my life practically has a soundtrack. So it came as no surprise to anyone around me when I chose music business (basically a biz degree focused on the music industry) as my major in college.

However, the experience was sobering. The more I learned about the music biz and all of its deeply ingrained sleaze and chintz, the less I wanted to be a part of it. So, after spending my entire life up to that point wanting to be an A&R guy and a producer, I ended up becoming a writer instead -- still a lover of music, but completely and profoundly turned off by the vile nature of the industry itself.

Granted, Bo probably isn't facing the exact same realization that I confronted. But I can see him, or someone who fits the same general profile, thinking that a show as banal and superficial as AI is not the right place for a truly artistic person to be. In other words, disillusionment about the show's lack of artistic credibility may be starting to take hold of both his mind and his performances (as displayed last night IMO)

I think Nadia had the same issues with this show, but she chose to pick the songs that suited her artistic integrity. While that may have gotten her booted off the show prematurely, she got enough face time to interest record producers of alternative labels. She also kept her spirits up by marching to her own tune. Bo needs to find a way to do that. I do think he will get a lot of her votes, tho, cuz of her rocker sensibility.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-14-2005 at 02:20 PM.

Gang, keep in mind that last night Ryan only said that he was "going to be nice" and let someone (Scott) sit down. He did not say that Bo was the second-lowest vote-getter. It is definitely possible that Scott was the second lowest, but AI producers wanted to jerk the audience by leaving two talented performers as the last two standing. I also think the producers extended the show to give Bo a chance to show how well he can sing.

+ Reply to Thread