+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 194 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

I was gonna cry if Bo went home. I like him (& Carrie) a lot! He is a great performer and seems like a geniunely decent guy. (Cute too)!

FORT Regular

So much is timing and the issue of peaking too soon.

I think Constanstine surge in recent weeks, based on a very solid improvement on his part has taken the wind out of Bo's sails.

Bo was so clearly superior to Constantine at the start, that he set a standard for himself that was perhaps a bit too high. Then when Constantine started doing better and frankly being hyped as a sex symbol by the judges, he picked up a huge degree of Mo....

And since on this show, when one improves in their votes, another, someone similar to them will suffer.

When one geek surges, the other geek falls to the way side.

When one African American female singer starts really showing her stuff, votes for her are to a large extent going to be taken from the other African American singer.

Even if Bo and Constantine are at heart different, they mainly compete with each other, for the voters who want to call in for the rocker heart throb. In this, Bo peaked early and Constantine is now hitting a stride.

I still find Bo so much more authentic than Constantine, and I am so glad he did not go home last night. I hope it serves as a wake up call for him to pick some great songs and really nail them. I know a lot of folks will see his comments (eg: "I did this on a bet--what's the worst that can happen...") as cocky, but I think he is just being real.

I am so hoping that it also serves as a wake up call to fans who just aren't calling in for him, believing that he is automatically safe. I don't think that this will happen again, because being in the bottom two usually energizes the fans.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pintobean
    I don't think that he is rocked-out but I feel that the whole arrangement of the song was all wrong. Maybe if he is in the bottom 3 that will drop kick him into doing better in the weeks to come.
    I don't know. I think that, as Bo said early on, he's a "laid-back cat." And I think that may mean that the whole "contest" aura of the thing doesn't motivate him in the same way that it does some other people.

I think that he really really loves making his music, and that he was prepared to enjoy the show to the extent that it allowed him to do that. But I suspect that, being a laid-back cat, he's pretty ambivalent about the level of fame, pressure, and forced-activities-not-of-your-own-choosing that inevitably come with placing very high on AI. As he said, he is "confident that he can do what he does" and "what's the worst thing that can happen?" He'll go back to Alabama 'and play [more, possibly many more, and better paying] gigs," and, I would guess, get offered some kind of record contract.

I would bet that his laid-backness and his desire to really hit it big are at war with each other at the moment. ... Personally, I like the laid-back-cat aspect of Bo. Unfortunately, having that side of him win out means that I might never see him again!

FORT Fogey
    I think his arrogance last night will hurt him. Why make the effort to spend 2 hours on redial when Bo doesn't even care? He was disrespectful to his fans and the show itself. He is definately keeping it real but his honesty will probably not be received very well by his fans.

I think Bo is as far from arrogant as one can be. He is just very laid back and easy going, and he can not be swept up by fame or competition. Also, it just might be that in his family it would be considered extremely rude to say in front of everyone else that "I am better than anyone out here, and I will win this." It would be definately against everything I have been taught as proper. I am competitive and I want to win, but I would never ever go out and flat out say that "hey, I am better than all the rest of you guys, and I am going to win this" nor would I ever go out begging for votes. There is such a thing as letting other people think for themselves, and I think that is what Bo is all about as well.

That being said, I think he needs to get back into his groove, his performances past two weeks have not been as inspired as before. Last night I was thinking that it would be nice to hear him sing something like Van Halen (David Lee Roth), if he could ever fit that into a theme. He does everything well, but he excells when he really gets to rock it out.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Bo

I also think that Bo is just a man who takes whatever life hands him. I don't see arrogance--I see someone willing to accept the cards he's dealt and not make up a bunch of crap excuses. He's confident, talented and sexy (despite being 10 years younger than me!), and I hope those qualities come through loud and clear in the coming weeks.

My husband, who laughs at my crush on Bo, even said last night, "I like his attitude. He's not caught up in the hype." Hopefully most people reacted that way!

I floated this theory in the spoilers thread... perhaps Bo who is a true lover of pure good music, is seeing AI for whats it really is. Image and money over music. He might just be getting disillusioned over what he is seeing as the "music business" and just wants to go back to being in front of a crowd, singing music he loves and not being a "packaged" star. I love the guy and thats the vibe I get. He doesn't need to win this, he is so good as it is. I'd love to see him work with Clapton.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I also wanted to add that I think he is really having problems with the song lists as well. Its not that he doesn't like certain songs, but if you are given a specified list to sing as I have heard they are given, its got to be pretty tough to be yourself. I think this started out as a lark for him and he never expected to get this far.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    I still find Bo so much more authentic than Constantine, and I am so glad he did not go home last night. I hope it serves as a wake up call for him to pick some great songs and really nail them. I know a lot of folks will see his comments (eg: "I did this on a bet--what's the worst that can happen...") as cocky, but I think he is just being real.

I am so hoping that it also serves as a wake up call to fans who just aren't calling in for him, believing that he is automatically safe. I don't think that this will happen again, because being in the bottom two usually energizes the fans.

Lolls, I came in here to post the same thing. I hope Bo comes out next week and knocks one out of the park. He deserves to be there more than some of the other contestants *coughscottcough* I was voting for him Tuesday night and knew he was in trouble because I was getting through almost everytime. I'm glad he didn't go home last night.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread