+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 194 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1940
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

  1. #561
    Loaded God Complex MajiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Posts
    5,798
    Clay Crazy, I think Simon was frustrated because Bo has been slipping. I just don't get it. I think he could have sung the hell out of Free Bird and just didn't. And that sucks. I have a sad, sad feeling tonight he will find himself in the bottom 3. He was out-rocked.

  2. #562
    Completely LOST pintobean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Mount Airy, North Carolina
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    Clay Crazy, I think Simon was frustrated because Bo has been slipping. I just don't get it. I think he could have sung the hell out of Free Bird and just didn't. And that sucks. I have a sad, sad feeling tonight he will find himself in the bottom 3. He was out-rocked.
    I don't think that he is rocked-out but I feel that the whole arrangement of the song was all wrong. Maybe if he is in the bottom 3 that will drop kick him into doing better in the weeks to come.

  3. #563
    Loaded God Complex MajiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Posts
    5,798
    Quote Originally Posted by pintobean
    I don't think that he is rocked-out but I feel that the whole arrangement of the song was all wrong. Maybe if he is in the bottom 3 that will drop kick him into doing better in the weeks to come.

    I'd like to think it would kick him into gear but I don't believe it will. Just last week he sat on the couch and admitted to Ryan that he thought he performed quite poorly and deserved to be out there in the bottom three and that didn't kick him into gear. I mean, admit it, he could have been MUCH better. That song had major potential. When he sang Whipping Post I was glued to my set. Last night...not so much. I'm worried for him.

  4. #564
    FORT Junkie gardenia36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The left coast
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan
    Bo finally gave me my "Lynyrd Skynyrd" fix last night! When I found out what the theme was & what year his song would come from, I had strong vibes that "Free Bird" would be his choice of song. Bo nailed "Free Bird" just as I knew he would! I'm surprised I even have a voice today- I was screaming for him last night BIG time! Bo rocks my socks- he's amazing!!!

    I agree. I'm surprised to read that so many people thought he was weak last night. He blew me away!!
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

  5. #565
    Completely LOST pintobean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Mount Airy, North Carolina
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    I'd like to think it would kick him into gear but I don't believe it will. Just last week he sat on the couch and admitted to Ryan that he thought he performed quite poorly and deserved to be out there in the bottom three and that didn't kick him into gear. I mean, admit it, he could have been MUCH better. That song had major potential. When he sang Whipping Post I was glued to my set. Last night...not so much. I'm worried for him.
    True but maybe he needs to feel what it's like to be actually standing in the bottom 3. I pray that if he stays around, that he will improve for his sake and mine.

  6. #566
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    Clay Crazy, I think Simon was frustrated because Bo has been slipping. I just don't get it. I think he could have sung the hell out of Free Bird and just didn't. And that sucks. I have a sad, sad feeling tonight he will find himself in the bottom 3. He was out-rocked.
    Yeah, I was a little puzzled that he didn't take advantage of the power potential of that song. He sounded a little weary to me.

  7. #567
    FORT Fogey clay crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,159
    I agree that the performance wasn't quite as powerful as it could have been, but I still enjoyed it. I probably should been more clear about my Simon statement, though. I kind of missed what Simon said about the song choice.
    Last edited by clay crazy; 04-13-2005 at 04:01 PM.

  8. #568
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,591
    I was disappointed in Bo last night. I heard many notes in the beginning that were flat & he sort of seemd at a loss for what to do in the performance, so he picked up the mic stand & roamed around the stage again. I hope we haven't seen the best of Bo, but the last few weeks haven't been that good.

  9. #569
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,331
    I love Bo, but I'm beginning to tire of him. I'm thinking his voice is not one that I could listen to over and over.

  10. #570
    FORT Regular Mark99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    138
    For me, he's starting to get boring. He was my fav but now I think Constantine took over. He's gotta sing popular rock songs like Simon told him too.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.