+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean
    Funny that you mention that. I don't know the song but I thought that he forgot the words toward the beginning of the song.
    Yeah, he missed the lyrics twice in the song. It was embarrassing, and I thought the judges were going to call him on it.

It's a beautiful song, especially when sung slowly and with feeling. Bo ruined it by speeding up the tempo with a weird arrangement. It's a shame. I don't think he brought the best attitude toward this genre, which is disappointing.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-06-2005 at 02:47 PM.

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Bo is admittedly not my favorite contestant. But, that said, I've thought all along that his performances were fairly good. Until last night. What a disaster!

First, his attitude toward the genre -- as evidenced by his song-choosing method -- was juvenile and borderline offensive (basically, "it's not what I like, so why put any effort into it?"). And then he followed up the unattractive intro with a performance that was easily the worst of the night -- both partially inaudible and containing obvious memory lapses regarding the lyrics (reinforcing the impression that he didn't care).

Granted, he won't end up in the bottom 3 because his fan base is huge. But, based on last night, he certainly deserves it. Although I personally think that Anthony should be the one going home based on his cumulative inferiority.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    First, his attitude toward the genre -- as evidenced by his song-choosing method -- was juvenile and borderline offensive (basically, "it's not what I like, so why put any effort into it?").
    Sadly I think quite a few people will see it that way. I was pretty sad last night. I love Bo but now I think he is VERRRRRRRRRY close to slipping too far and if things go bad he could very well be in the bottom three tonight. Not likely - since I am pretty sure Scott, Vonzell and Nikko will be there, but he could easily take Vonzell's place for last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    First, his attitude toward the genre -- as evidenced by his song-choosing method -- was juvenile and borderline offensive (basically, "it's not what I like, so why put any effort into it?").
    While it was admittedly a bit blase... I kind of got the impression that he did it not because he didn't like musical theatre, but because he didn't know musical theatre.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Regular
    Well, at least now we know that Bo didn't do well because, as he put it, it wasn't his gendre.

Quote Originally Posted by jocelyns
    Well, at least now we know that Bo didn't do well because, as he put it, it wasn't his gendre.
    Yeah, I caught that too. He should know better...

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    Sadly I think quite a few people will see it that way. I was pretty sad last night. I love Bo but now I think he is VERRRRRRRRRY close to slipping too far and if things go bad he could very well be in the bottom three tonight. Not likely - since I am pretty sure Scott, Vonzell and Nikko will be there, but he could easily take Vonzell's place for last night.
    Do you have a psychic hot line or something? You may be the only person that had both Nikko & Vonzell in the bottom 3. Please tell me who is going to win the Kentucky Derby I have some money to invest in a sure thing. Good call!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    While it was admittedly a bit blase... I kind of got the impression that he did it not because he didn't like musical theatre, but because he didn't know musical theatre.

Broadway, that is exactly how I took his explanation of the song he chose. At least he was up front and honest about it. His was very sincere last night when Ryan asked him if he was surprised he wasn't in the bottom 3. He seems like a very nice stand up guy.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Do you have a psychic hot line or something? You may be the only person that had both Nikko & Vonzell in the bottom 3. Please tell me who is going to win the Kentucky Derby I have some money to invest in a sure thing. Good call!
    Yeah, Majh, 'fess up. What was the analysis you used for that? Let me guess: The three worst performances Tue night were Scott, Vonzell and Anthony. But Anthony has a bigger fan base than Nikko, so they switched places?

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Broadway, that is exactly how I took his explanation of the song he chose. At least he was up front and honest about it. His was very sincere last night when Ryan asked him if he was surprised he wasn't in the bottom 3. He seems like a very nice stand up guy.
    I agree. I think he's been very honest this whole competition and definitely seems like a nice guy.

I wasn't familiar with Bo's song, so I didn't realize it was a different tempo from the original, and I didn't notice a lyrics problem. While I don't think it was his best performance, I enjoyed it, mainly because I thought some of the other songs were a bit on the boring side.

+ Reply to Thread