+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 194 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

I'm trying to remember when they show all those hometown clips/interviews. Anyone remember? It seems to me later in the season. They must expect Bo to go far.

I'll be staggered if Bo isn't in the top 2. I don't think they will allow hm to beat Carrie, though.

I bet they did filming for the Halfway Home show coming up for either Final Five or Final Six. This makes a lot of sense. They went back to Brooklyn to interview Connie's band, too, and now it's clicked in my head why.

They probably did that for everybody.

who knows....he might get knocked out before the top2...
    stranger things have happened...like in Ai3...

Quote Originally Posted by connie
    I'm trying to remember when they show all those hometown clips/interviews. Anyone remember? It seems to me later in the season. They must expect Bo to go far.
    I don't remember how they did those last season, but on AI2 they did them the first week of the top 12 (Motown night). It was March 11, 2003. When they got to the final 3, they did the clips where they flew Ruben, Clay and Kimberley back to their hometowns.
    Last edited by clay crazy; 03-26-2005 at 03:43 PM.

I hope Bo rocks next week. I enjoyed Time in a Bottle but I missed the mic stand slinging. I think he can sing anything he wants to but I love the energy he brings to his rock performances.

He's just so consistant with his performances i would be surprised if he left anytime soon. I reckon he should cut his hair like the lead singer of switchfoot or ashton kutcher
    [ all we need is love and peace ] [ ]

I may have mentioned this story briefly earlier in this thread, but here's more of the story. (Click the link to read the whole article.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Thomas, Decatur Daily
    http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturd...24/bice1.shtml
    Compassion of Bo Bice
    At moment's notice, singer wrote song for child's funeral

Charles and Jackie Dunnaway of North Shelby relate a story about the tender side of multi-talented "American Idol" star Bo Bice of Helena.

The Dunnaways and Bice attend New Hope Church at Indian Springs.* They lost their 1-month-old grandson, Jonathan Hale Lewis, on Christmas night.

The Dunnaways spoke about their ordeal Wednesday and the comfort Bice offered.

"We were of course in shock," Jackie Dunnaway said.* "Our pastor ... told us that he would take care of [funeral arrangements] and would be sure that it was special.* He called Bo."

Bice's mother, Nancy Downes, said her son was on Interstate 20, driving toward Atlanta to visit her and her husband, Earle Downes, when the pastor, Donnie Ackton, phoned him.

She said he returned home.
    Charles Dunnaway said at the funeral, Bice played guitar and sang "Jesus Loves Me."* He said Bice then sang a song he wrote for his son and daughter-in-law [the baby's parents], "From a Seed to a Tree."

"He got in late the night before the funeral and managed to do that," Dunnaway said. "He is such an exceptional person.* He gave a copy of the lyrics on paper to my daughter, then cut a CD and gave it to her."

Dunnaway said Bice "came to us two years ago, and we made him feel welcome.* After he performed a solo at the church, he ... was so overwhelmed with the love we gave in return, he stayed with us.* Bo told me, 'Without the Lord, I would be nothing.' "

Dunnaway said Bice was an angel to him, sent "to this church.* He is a lot more than what people may see.* He has a big heart.* He is a remarkable young man. ..."
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    He is a remarkable young man.
    I thnk no other words could sum it up better.

i still have flashbacks to the cut for the final 24, and how simon didn't think Bo was good...

Like any other working band, SugarMoney has done its share of dud dates, disappointing dates and cheap dates. Cooper and Sexton vividly recall one gig in particular, when they played in Muscle Shoals for the listening pleasure of a bartender and a single patron.
    Wow, I can't wait for him to be on tour and look out at a packed civic center, all screaming for him when he does his solo. Someone from the Clackhouse(I think) took one of the best concert pictures I've seen of Clay standing alone on stage with the lights up looking out at the huge audience in awe. I can't wait for Bo to have that experience.

+ Reply to Thread