+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 194 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Bo blew away the competition last night, IMO. I haven't watched all of the episodes of AI this season, so this was the first time I heard him sing. All I can say is "wow". I was impressed.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

A I FAN ALL 5 YEARS pokealot214's Avatar
    far northern Minnesota usually, but wherever my job takes me!
    Even Simon said Bo "did everything right" last night!! I told my son that I thought Bo's version of 'Drift Away' was better in my opinion than the one released not that long ago by Unkle Kracker, which got me a dirty look. Honestly though, I thought both he and Constantine did good last night, although Bo seemed just a bit better.
    only here occasionally due to work schedule... here mentally even less BTW... you can just call me poke

Idol Fan
    Though we didn't get too much airtime of him in the auditions, he just wowed me tonight! I wish they would stop linking him with Constantine, who, imo, can't sing a line in tune, looked utterly without integrity in how he handled entering and leaving his band, and is smarmy. (Sorry for the rant. )

Bo, however, if he can adapt to the variety of songs and themes, has my support - I should qualify that by saying, at least as far as I could say from tonight, alone. On tonight's show he was the first person to utterly wow me, not to mention melt me down with his refreshingly bluesy voice! What a beautiful change from the Stevie Wonder high tenors! I just loved his performance!

I rated him and voted like wild for him as one of my Top Two (along with Anwar) and gave him enough votes for anyone, any GROUP who didn't! He was terrific. Sigh.

Honestly, I'm not really so sure that Bo would even have to change his style too terribly much to be successful in the show. Yeah, this is AI and they do push for the pop sound, but how many radio stations are geared to a more rock sound anymore? I know that here of our main stations there is 1 pure top 40/pop station, 1 mix station (70s, 80s, 90s, today), 1 "progressive" talk radio, and 2 "new rock" stations. I think that Bo's voice is TOTALLY marketable in the "new rock" category....hopefully enough people that actually do watch AI though will be open to that and continue voting for him. His voice is definitely right for today's music, but is the viewing audience right for him? That's gonna be the biggest challenge, IMO, although if he keeps up the same great work as he did on Drift Away, that'll be no problem at all.

Count me in as one who was "wowed". So much in fact that I actually picked up the phone and voted for my first time in all four AI's. I thought to myself, "there's no way we can let him leave the show this early."
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Leo
    Premium Member
    Best performance of the night, I think. The only problem will be he might have a hard time topping it next week.

Wow, wow, wow. I didn't expect that performance from Bo! He nailed that song right on. But I think he won't be getting the votes though, but it'll be fun to watch a rocker make it into the Top 12.

Am I the only one who didn't like Bo's performance? I thought that song was not at all a rock song. He tried to push a rock song and it sounded very cheesy and "i must be a rocker." Not impressed...
    You're a bad mother... shut your mouth! ^^

I thought BO did an amazing job last night. I mean, I that song, and he did a wonderful job on it!! I didnt think he was that good of a singer until I watched him last night. For some reason, I just cant see him representing America as the next American Idol Maybe its just me??

He was great last night. Of the whole bunch of guys I think Bo is the one I would like to see win it all right now. He not only can sing but also has a great personality, and he has a down to earth look to him. To me at least he is just "him", nobody else. I tried to vote for him a couple times last night (and this was an hour into voting) but I could not get through. Also, I would not be surprised if AI would try to push the rockers a bit this year, just to have something else to market. They already have other popular styles covered by Kelly, Clay, Ruben, and Fantasia.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread