+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 194 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Just an FYI when I tried to call in last night for Carrie, Bo, Scott and Jessica... Bo's was the only line that I was able to get through consistantly. Since we have a clean slate tonight... the Bo fans might want to crank up the dialing to make sure he doesn't go early. Just wanted to give a heads up of what I noticed last night.

I got busy's a lot! Weird. But I will definitely crank it up a little notch.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

I love Bo. Though subdued, it wasn't boring.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Bo did a fantastic job last night. He is so comfortable performing in front of an audience. It's like he has been doing it for years. ...
    Ya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    At first, I'll admit that I was thrown back by him being a "rocker" and thinking oh he's going to suck, but he has proven week after week that he belongs there. He has become one of my favorites. There is just something that draws you in when he is performing.
    I think AI gave viewers false expectations about Bo being a "one-trick pony" by labelling him (like Constantine) a "rocker" in the auditions and early competition phases. Neither Bo nor Constantine sticks strictly to rock when performing with their bands or even solo.
    The good thing about that is that when either one of them shows he can handle a ballad or pop song -- like the beautiful way Bo sang Time In A Bottle -- the viewers are pleasantly surprised. They benefit from "low expectations."
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Bo's charm is his bluesy, kind of raspy voice. It conveys feeling no matter what he is singing. I'm not a rock fan, but if he sings it.......count me in.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella
    I think AI gave viewers false expectations about Bo being a "one-trick pony" by labelling him (like Constantine) a "rocker" in the auditions and early competition phases. Neither Bo nor Constantine sticks strictly to rock when performing with their bands or even solo.
    The good thing about that is that when either one of them shows he can handle a ballad or pop song -- like the beautiful way Bo sang Time In A Bottle -- the viewers are pleasantly surprised. They benefit from "low expectations."
    That is true Grisabella, but my main reason for not being an instant fan was that he resembles my sister's boyfriend, who is a complete and total @sshole. Someone already said this (forgive me for not remembering who right now.....senior moment ) Watching Bo is like watching a concert and not a competition.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I think the reason some people aren't big fans of Bo is because he doesn't "look" the part of your typical pop idol. But he sure does have one helluva voice!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Bo owns the stage though, he can sing just about anything and where as his vocals may not shine, his presence does. He looks the part, acts the part, and can sing the part. Ive said it before and i will say it again, I don't think Bo needs to win this, and in fact may not be the winner. He will however get something out of this. This man loves to sing and to him thats the important thing here.. not about looking good (which to me he does) or being poppy like all the past winners have been. He will win no matter what the vote outcome is. I have great admiration and respect for him for just being him and staying true to who he is.

Bo really annoys me because he is getting showcased here and he seems so...well...average. If Bo wins a singing contract, then I think I should too. He did a decent job of Croce. But y'know, nothing beats the original in this case.

But I will concede that it's hard to fault a guy whose very favorite singer is Jim Croce. At least Bo has a brain.

So, I'm on the fence about Bo. I won't be voting for him though.

I really have been imagining him with short, spiky, kind of jelled hair and I think he would be soooooooooooooooo hot.

I am a fan of his voice, his style, but not the long hair! Then again, I have always disliked long hair on men and prefer it really short....

I thought he was AMAZING singing that song. Who cares about his lack of showing his range!!!!! It was very good. I'm looking forward to more from him. I hope he stays.

+ Reply to Thread