+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 194 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella
    I think you're right.
    FWIW, Bo was recently quoted, in an article by Jean Brandau, as saying of his girlfriend, "She's at home taking care of my 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 2 aquatic turtles." Interpret that however you will.

FireWoman, yeah, I wondered if the ring was some sort of commitment ring. ("Note to self: Yeah, you're surrounded by screaming groupies, but you've promised to be faithful...")
    I couldn't care less if he's married or whatever, but I do think it could hurt a male contestant in the Idol competition if the younger female viewers thought he was "taken."

LOL maybe im old.. since i think its sweet and makes him even more amazing in my book :0

Please try to keep pictures to the avatar thread. Thanks!

Definately my favourite. Love his choice of songs love his charisma and he's got a great rockstar personality. I hope he wins idol, it would be nice to hear a rockstar voice instead of those cliched american idol ballads.
    [ all we need is love and peace ] [ ]

Bo needs to switch it up. He is getting very reptitive imo. Slightly even more of a one trick pony than Carrie. I can't even remembered what he sang besides last week and the first week. >.<
    You're a bad mother... shut your mouth! ^^

The more I see him, the more I'm impressed by him. He's handsome, talented, and has awesome personality. He would have to pull a seriously funky stunt to not make it very far in this competition. But I do have to agree that his hair did NOT look good AT ALL on Wednesday. Note to stylists: NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Bo needs to switch it up. He is getting very reptitive imo. Slightly even more of a one trick pony than Carrie. I can't even remembered what he sang besides last week and the first week. >.<

It's just gotta be personal taste because I remember every song, facial expression, oufit and body move. ( Of course I've watched them 100 times but who's counting!)

Bo (and a few others) have brought the excitement back to AI. Bo is certainly true to his roots. If you don't like southern classic rock you probably won't be a fan of Bo's but there's no denying his talent. I didn't care for the flat-ironed look to his hair, though. Note to AI hairstylists: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by connie
    It's just gotta be personal taste because I remember every song, facial expression, oufit and body move. ( Of course I've watched them 100 times but who's counting!)
    So do I, Connie. Bo's first song was rhythm and blues, his second was sort of southern hard rock, his third was a c/w ballad, and his fourth was a classic rock song. Not at all the same. And all of them are burned into my memory, much to my delight.

I guess i don't understand how some people can say they think Bo always sounds the same.

http://www.al.com/tv/mobileregister/...8651176170.xml
    Quote Originally Posted by (Mike Brantley, Mobile Register, 3-22-05
    Go, Bo, go
    'American Idol's' Bice hails from Alabama; could walk away a winner

Alabama rocker Harold "Bo" Bice could very well become the second Alabamian to win "American Idol," the popular prime-time television singing competition.
    Bice's family members believe he may win [AI4]
    "I think he can win it," said Bice's cousin, Karen Mayer of the Huntsville area, a day after 200 or so of Bice's friends and family members crowded into a north Alabama diner to watch Bice sing on a big-screen television set.* "I think that he has a great voice, and he has a lot of talent.* He just seems to be so comfortable performing."
    The "American Idol" judges think he can win, too -- even hard-to-please Simon Cowell ... .
    ...Away from the "Idol" stage, Cowell told the televised entertainment news program "Extra" that Carrie Underwood, 21, of Checotah, Okla., is his favorite to win the competition this season, but he added that Bice could ultimately beat her.
    "I wasn't sure about him in the early stages," Simon told "Extra," "but I like him because he's authentic."

What's more, plenty of Bice fans among American's television watchers think the 29-year-old rock singer from Helena, Ala., should go all the way on the show, because they keep calling in votes for him every Tuesday night.* ...
    "He's a very good performer, and I like him a lot," said Al Seitz, a viewer in Mobile who has called in a vote for Bice every week except last time, when what could have been jammed phone lines prevented his pro-Bice vote from getting through.* ...

... According to the ratings firm Nielsen Media Research, 28.18 million viewers watched last Tuesday's installment, and the show in recent weeks has alternated with the CBS crime drama "CSI" as TV's most-watched program.
    Mayer said her cousin ... has been into music "since he was probably preschool age."
    Mayer found out her cousin had auditioned for "American Idol" after the fact (Bice traveled to Orlando to do so), but she was thrilled with the news he had made it onto the show ... .

"We watched when Ruben was on," Mayer said.* "That got us motivated to watch.* I like music, and so something like that where you can hear a lot of different types of music and see a lot of talent is great."

Bice's brand of music -- what Mayer describes as a "kind of an old Southern rock, and he has a little bit of bluesy thing too" -- is something not previously heard on the show.

In Mobile, Seitz welcomes it.
    "He has an outstanding voice," said Seitz.* "His voice is exceptional, I think.* (The music) is different, but it is a kind of music that I am accustomed to.* I lived through that era, so I appreciated that music."
    After one stirring performance, Abdul told Bice on the air that his voice "feels good to the soul." ...
    I haven't been sure Bo was really in this to actually win the title, but judging from this article, it seems maybe he and his family really want that, not just the career bump that can come from making the final 4 or 5.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

! ! !

It's Bo night! Who's excited?? Anyone?

+ Reply to Thread