+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck

Wait.. he can't be 29, that's over the age limit.. is the info wrong or did something sketchy happen?

Quote Originally Posted by go trees!
    Wait.. he can't be 29, that's over the age limit.. is the info wrong or did something sketchy happen?
    He was 28 during the his original audition and that's all that matters. There are 2 other contestantsthat are 29, though can't remember off the top of my head.

his voice is better than constantine's

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by funbunbun
    He was 28 during the his original audition and that's all that matters. There are 2 other contestantsthat are 29, though can't remember off the top of my head.
    Constantine is also 29.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Who knows Bo? Lots to learn about 'Idol' finalist
    Friday, February 18, 2005
    Bo Bice, national man of mystery.

Baggy-pantsed and pony-tailed, he has been flying under the radar on "American Idol."

Until now.

After earning less than a minute of screen time in the early rounds, this rock singer from Helena quietly made the top 24 Wednesday night.
    He'll be one of 12 males competing for the fourth-season title on the Fox TV series.

Hang onto your panties, girls. At least, that's what Bice and a couple of band members advise on an old Web page for Sugar Money, one of his previous groups.

Information on the guy is in short supply this week, mostly because "Idol" keeps a tight rein on contestants, restricting their ability to talk to the press.

I've been scrounging around for some preliminary facts, however, and an Internet search led me to Sugar Money.

Bice and two other musicians played in that outfit, from what I see, doing gigs at Slinky's in Sheffield, the Brick in Decatur, and Tunes Ultimate Karaoke and the Benchwarmer in Huntsville.

Were they good? Bad? Mediocre? It's hard to tell.

According to Garageband.com, Bice also sang and played guitar in a Huntsville group called Blue Sued Nickel. Three cuts by the band - I keep thinking of it as Blue Suede Nickel - are posted for download: "My Blessed Blues," "Someday" and "My Wish."

But my laptop froze when I tried to give these a listen, which leads me to suspect an "Idol" conspiracy.

Other tidbits I've uncovered:

Bice used to perform at one of the On Tap sports bars, covering everything from Dave Matthews Band to Snoop Dogg.

Bice had his own group, the Bo Bice Band. A resume for Gary Nichols, a Muscle Shoals-area songwriter, lists it as one of his local credits. Jessica Wagner, lately of the disco group Chic, also mentions the Bo Bice Band in her bio.

Bice probably has worked a series of survival jobs in Alabama. The Prattville Chamber of Commerce, for example, listed a Progress Printing Company owned by Nancy & Bo Bice at 146 West Main Street. A Florence Housing Authority newsletter says Bo Bice was an instructor at its Chris Quillen Music Camp for children in June 1999.

Bice isn't afraid to wear jewelry. I spotted at least one earring when he flashed a thumbs-up sign this Tuesday, after making a tough cut on "Idol."

Bice can sing the Box Tops. He was one of three rockers performing "The Letter" last week as "Idol" halved its field from about 200 competitors to 97. He took a slightly softer approach to the tune than Constantine Maroulis or Aaron Kelly. The verdict: Bice and Maroulis stayed in. Kelly got axed.

Bice will need a thick skin if he stays in the competition. Already, his looks have inspired a couple of nasty "Cro-Magnon" remarks from critics on the Web. Another comment, on the official "Idol" bulletin board, said, "It appears to me that Bo Bice resembles George W. Bush, only with long hair."

Bice already has made some fans, as well as detractors. On Wednesday, there were 180 posts about him on "Idol"-sponsored bulletin boards. Some of them mentioned a previous band called Purge. One admirer gushed, "Bo Bice is, in fact, a humble and genuine natural talent if I've ever seen one. A skinny white boy with the soul and powerful pipes of a bayou-born blues singer!"

Bice, 28, is one of the oldest contestants on the show - and he wouldn't have made the age cut-off last season. Previously, "Idol" would hear no singer older than 26.

http://www.al.com/music/birminghamne...3338309970.xml
    Last edited by eny; 02-20-2005 at 10:08 AM.

I like him...I hope he goes far.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I like Bo too... from what I've heard he seems much more talented vocally than Constantine. I'm looking forward to hearing more from him.

Will definetly not be in the top 12 because Constantine is much more popular. I was surprised they let both rockers in the top 24, but there's NO WAY both of them will make it to the top 12.

Loe
    But Connie doesn't have nearly the voice Bo does. And I could download his band songs fine, my computer didn't freeze. Goooo Bo!

Quote Originally Posted by Webgirl1415
    Will definetly not be in the top 12 because Constantine is much more popular. I was surprised they let both rockers in the top 24, but there's NO WAY both of them will make it to the top 12.
    I wouldn't be so certain of that after tonight's performances. Constantine has a big lead because of all the pre semi-final publicity, but Bo showed why he's in the top 12. That and some of the other guys are too similar also. A lot of them gave boring or just so-so performances.

Bo did not disappoint.

+ Reply to Thread