+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 194 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    Edie, Ciao Baby is a wonderful song.. in fact my FAVE Cult song.. after Fire Woman.. go figure But it may be too slow for this show in parts given how muc or little time they have. Maybe if he made it in to top 2-3 and had more time to showcase a full song. Heck thinking more.. he could pull off Fire Woman!!
    Ah, The Cult...One of the most underrated bands of all time! I hadn't thought of Bo doing Cult songs, but I can definitely see it. I've always liked the early years of The Cult more than the later years, though. As time went on, they kind of degenerated into being a heavy metal band (though still a good one). I think the early Cult, which had more of a peace-and-love-with-a-really-hard-edge feel to it, fits Bo better, too. I'd like to see him do some of the songs off "Love" and "Electric," like "The Phoenix" or "Wild Flower." That would officially transform AI from Pop to Rock!

And I agree with all of the Doors/Jim Morrison comments. Ian from The Cult seemed to be channeling Jim at times, too.

Bo is awesome.

It's interesting- the early favorites (Bo, Carrie) are singers who fit into a strong style- since they get to do 3 songs of their choice before the top 12, that will create a really different vibe. We might have a few one-trick ponies in the top 12.

Even though I think he's friggin awesome, I don't know how Bo would deal with a Gloria Estefan, big band, or R&B night. Although he might be able to do it, it also has the potential to be atrocious.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    Bo is awesome.

It's interesting- the early favorites (Bo, Carrie) are singers who fit into a strong style- since they get to do 3 songs of their choice before the top 12, that will create a really different vibe. We might have a few one-trick ponies in the top 12.

Even though I think he's friggin awesome, I don't know how Bo would deal with a Gloria Estefan, big band, or R&B night. Although he might be able to do it, it also has the potential to be atrocious.
    I really can't stand some of the theme nights. I would rather see them have a decade to choose from or movie songs for example, not Salsa night. Some of those nights I just can't stand anyone's singing or am bored beyond belief.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    Ah, The Cult...One of the most underrated bands of all time! I hadn't thought of Bo doing Cult songs, but I can definitely see it. I've always liked the early years of The Cult more than the later years, though. As time went on, they kind of degenerated into being a heavy metal band (though still a good one). I think the early Cult, which had more of a peace-and-love-with-a-really-hard-edge feel to it, fits Bo better, too. I'd like to see him do some of the songs off "Love" and "Electric," like "The Phoenix" or "Wild Flower." That would officially transform AI from Pop to Rock!

And I agree with all of the Doors/Jim Morrison comments. Ian from The Cult seemed to be channeling Jim at times, too.
    Ian.. a BEAUTIFUL man IMHO has replaced him on some doors tours He fits well.. hes not Jim.. but who really is!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2
    I really can't stand some of the theme nights. I would rather see them have a decade to choose from or movie songs for example, not Salsa night. Some of those nights I just can't stand anyone's singing or am bored beyond belief.
    I remember making the same comment last season, too. I like the idea of doing decades a lot better than specific themes. Who cares if they can sing salsa, disco or whatever? And no more Barry Manilow-type nights, either. I can't think of very many big-time recording artists who could excel in any and all genres. Let the contestants have a wider range of songs to do - the performances will be much better that way. If AI wants to be able to bring in a famous singer to spice things up, they can still do it without devoting the show to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    I remember making the same comment last season, too. I like the idea of doing decades a lot better than specific themes. Who cares if they can sing salsa, disco or whatever? And no more Barry Manilow-type nights, either. I can't think of very many big-time recording artists who could excel in any and all genres. Let the contestants have a wider range of songs to do - the performances will be much better that way. If AI wants to be able to bring in a famous singer to spice things up, they can still do it without devoting the show to them.
    Oh God no Barry Manilow night! Please!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2
    I totally agree. I know they are not going to have any specific artist nights because there will be no guest judges
    I think Bo will do great with the theme nights but I can see the judges making some annoying "stay in your box" type of comments.

I'm happy to see others share my pain about those stupid theme nights. The contestants need an opportunity to do their best and the theme nights can easily stack the odds against them. Besides, as so many have mentioned, they're often boring. They better not do a stevie wonder show!!! After having to grit my teeth through stevie song after stevie song the past few weeks, I might have not watch that show. I can only take so much after all!!!

Ian.. a BEAUTIFUL man IMHO has replaced him on some doors tours He fits well.. hes not Jim.. but who really is!
    I had completely forgotten that Ian is the singer in the new incarnation of the Doors. He is really channelling Jim now!

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    Edie, Ciao Baby is a wonderful song.. in fact my FAVE Cult song.. after Fire Woman.. go figure But it may be too slow for this show in parts given how muc or little time they have. Maybe if he made it in to top 2-3 and had more time to showcase a full song. Heck thinking more.. he could pull off Fire Woman!!

Grisabella and i have been back and forth in PMs about how he looks and acts like Jim.. so i will agree with out a doubt on that.

And Marv BTW. love the Voldy Avatar
    TY - I love Moldy Voldy!

Gee FireWoman, never would have guessed that was your favorite number

Actually, Fire Woman was the first song I thought of for Bo, but I defered to Edie because that's one of my absolute faves - and I'm nothing if not biased!

+ Reply to Thread