+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Bo Bice

Link Here

Former American Idol runner-up Bo Bice and his wife, Caroline Fisher, are expecting their second child, the singer tells PEOPLE exclusively.

“I’m proud to be a dad again,” says Bice, adding that his wife is due in August. “We don’t know if it’s a boy or girl yet and don’t care as long as it’s healthy and has all its fingers and toes.”

The couple, who have been together five years, married in their home state of Alabama on June 15, 2005. Their first child, a boy named Aidan Bice, was born Sept. 24, 2005.

“Aidan has helped me to grow and be a better person in the past 2 1/2 years,” says Bice. “I’ve let go of a lot of things in life that I thought were important since he came into our world, he
    also teaches me each day to be more loving, understanding and patient.”

Fisher and Bice met before the singer stole the spotlight on FOX’s talent hunt — when he worked as a guitar store clerk and frequented the Ragtime Cafe in Hoover, Ala., where she waited tables. In 2005, Bice, 32, was the runner-up on Idol, behind Oklahoma native Carrie Underwood.

Last year, he started his own record label, “Sugar Money,” opened a recording studio he called “Rock Hound” and released the album See The Light, which he produced and released under his label. He’s now working on a new album.

But his success has never affected his parenting. “Bo’s the best dad, Caroline, 28, told PEOPLE in November 2005. “He’ll just sit and stare at Aidan. He loves him with all his heart.”
    I'm so thrilled for Bo.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Congrats to Bo! He's still my all time favourite in American Idol. Didn't love his first album but this new (self produced) one was great, more of a Bo's true style.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I did not watch Idol the Carrie/Bo season. But, I am a fan of Bo's. I have his first album, I need to check out his second. I like him. And Congrats Bo and family!

I love Bo. He is my all time, favorite Idol as well. Congrats to him and his wife.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

This info on Bo's humanitarian work is from the article Catching Up With Past "American Idol" Finalists in Billboard Magazine, by Fred Bronson, March 14, 2008:

"BO BICE: The fourth season runner-up is promoting his second album, "See the Light." Released on an independent label and available exclusively through Walmart, the CD returns Bice to his southern rocker roots.

But the album is not the only thing occupying Bice's time. "I went over to Afghanistan for 12 days with the non-profit organization Stars for Stripes." Bice performed for U.S. troops stationed in that country. He was hitting the road again after his "American Idol Extra" taping. "We're heading to Texas and Missouri, Atlantic City, New York, Pennsylvania. I'm doing some charity events for NASCAR and this summer I'm going to visit the kids at 'Idol' Camp."

The two-week session is for children aged 10-15 who get an introduction to the music industry from visiting professionals and former Idols."

E! News - Bo Knows Idol Camp - Bo Bice

Bo Knows Idol Camp
    By Sarah Hall
    Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:46:55 AM PDT

Bo Bice is looking to pass some Idol time as a camp counselor this summer.
    The season-four runner-up has signed on to participate in an upcoming session of Idol Camp, serving as a mentor to musically gifted youngsters.
    The camp, which caters to kids between the ages of 10 and 15, runs in two-week segments beginning June 15 and ending Aug. 23.
    After debuting in Massachusetts last summer, the program moves to the West Coast this year, where it will be based in the San Bernardino mountains.
    Other American Idol alumni who have committed to putting in an appearance at the camp this summer include season-five finalist Ace Young, season-two finalist Kimberly Caldwell and season-four finalist Anthony Federov.
    "This is everything we could've hoped for when we launched Idol Camp last year," FremantleMedia Enterprises Vice President Shannon Pruitt said in a statement. "Seeing the camp in session and the way the kids responded really showed everyone here that this was something that could only get bigger and we're making sure the 2008 season is just that."
    The application deadline for the camp is April 18. Potential campers can find the necessary paperwork at IdolCamp.com.
    Meanwhile, for the second year in a row, Idol is reaching out to musical types who may not consider singing to be their forte.
    On Monday, the talent contest announced the launch of the second American Idol Songwriter Competition, which offers fans the chance to pen the show's next hit single.
    Submissions can be made online at AmericanIdol.com through March 31, after which point the pool will be narrowed down to 20 finalists and opened up to public voting on April 10.
    The winning song will be announced and performed onstage by the winning Idol during the season seven finale on May 20.
    Last year, over 2 million votes were cast for Jeff Peabody and Scott Krippayne's winning single, "This Is My Now," which season-six winner Jordin Sparks performed and went on to release as the first single from her self-titled debut album.
    "American Idol has been a vehicle for discovering so many great new artists over the years, and with the return of the American Idol Songwriting Competition, we continue our search for the best undiscovered talent in the world," Simon Fuller said in a statement.

For all you Bo fans out there, click the link for a nice interview & performance by Bo on Idol Extra.

Bo Bice on American Idol Extra - Video

Thanks, razorbacker! I think I'm going to get to see Bo in concert this summer, for the first time!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

My first AI CD purchase was Daughtry, my second was Breakaway by Clarkson, I just purchased my 3rd CD by an AI contestant and that was Bice's "See the Light" and here is my opinion of it....if ya'll are interested

I actually had to listen to it two times all the way through before I was ready to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. It has been passed on to my husband not because I hated it but because it wasn't something I would be interested in listening to over and over and over like I do the one by Daughtry (Clarkson's I kept but have only listened to a couple of times). The music on Bice's CD is amazing, LOVED the guitar work, LOVED the tone of the music what I didn't like was Bice's vocals. He sounds weak and as if he is trying to copy that gritty voice that is so popular right now but can't carry it off. He needs to figure out who he is as an artist and stop trying to mimic others (Counting Crows, Skynard come to mind). A number of the songs on the CD are very catchy and if not for what I perceived as poor vocals? I'd listen to them again and again. I especially enjoyed Witness but to be honest? It's the only song that is still stuck in my head. I might actually add it to my MP3 player but the rest are forgettable.

(By the way, I'm a HUGE fan of good ol' Southern Rock and for me not to like this? Well it's odd but I just did not like the vocals, at all.)

Re: Bo Bice & A tribute to Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band

Beaver Creek's Vilar Center adds additional show
    Beaver Creek's Vilar Center adds additional show | Arts and Entertainment |Vail Daily

A tribute to Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band set for Aug. 27

Kris Sabel
    Vail CO, Colorado
    June 5, 2008

Editor’s note: Director’s Chair is a weekly column where Kris Sabel, who is in charge of cultural programming for the Vail Valley Foundation, gives his expert take on shows not to be missed.

Tickets for the Vilar Performing Arts Center summer season went on sale Monday, and as expected, it was a busy day. There are still seats available for all performances — but don’t expect them to last! Please visit Vilar Center | Home, call the box office at 970-845-TIXS(8497) or stop by the Vilar Center in person to get your tickets before the shows sell out.

I am happy to announce a late addition to the season, “It Was Forty Years Ago Today — A Tribute to the Greatest Album of All Time: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.” This special evening features an all-star bill of musicians including Todd Rundgren, Lou Gramm, Bo Bice, Christopher Cross and Denny Laine, and is accompanied by an eight-piece symphonette. These artists will be performing the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album in its entirety, as well as some of their own hits from their respective prolific careers. Sgt. Pepper’s won four Grammy Awards in 1967, including Album of the Year and Best Album Cover. In 2003, Rolling Stone ranked it No. 1 of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. The album was hugely popular and crystallized the “summer of love” culture that existed when it was released, in all of its flower power and psychedelic glory. Following on the heels and in the same vein as The Beach Boys’ “Pet Sounds,” Sgt. Pepper’s was one of the original “concept albums” that influenced generations of musicians and listeners.

The performers are a who’s who of rock and roll. Musical legend Todd Rundgren will be performing his own concert at the Vilar on July 13. Singer/songwriter Lou Gramm is best known for his role as the lead vocalist for the rock band Foreigner. Long haired, husky-voiced Bo Bice won the hearts of millions of Americans as a finalist against Carrie Underwood on American Idol.

Five-time Grammy Award winner Christopher Cross sold out the Vilar two summers ago. Rounding out the list is songwriter Denny Laine, the former guitarist and lead singer of The Moody Blues and co-founder (with Paul McCartney) of Wings. These five incredible musicians will be accompanied by an eight-piece orchestra to recreate this legendary album on Aug. 27.

Another late addition to the schedule is the musical review “Side by Side by Sondheim” on July 19 and 20. Originally produced by Cameron Mackintosh in London and then Hal Prince in New York, the review features some of the most memorable music composed by Stephen Sondheim, widely considered one of the greatest writers of our time. The show will be produced by the Vail Valley Theatre Company and directed by Beth Swearingen.

We are still working on several exciting shows to round out the season. At this time I can’t reveal the names of these potential artists, so please join our e-mail list (by visiting Vilar Center | Home) to be the first to learn of additions to this stellar season. I look forward to seeing you at the theater!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread