+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Re: Bo Bice

I hope Bo is healthier and feeling much better these days. Much success for his upcoming cd!!

Where can we hear snippets of his songs from this cd?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Bo Bice Links With Wal-Mart For New Album

Season four "American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice will release his second album, "See the Light," Oct. 23 exclusively via Wal-Mart stores through the indie StartArt label, Billboard.com has learned. First single "Witness" will hit U.S. radio outlets later this month.

"See the Light" is follow-up to Bice's lone RCA album, 2005's "The Real Thing." The artist tells Billboard.com, "I enjoyed 'The Real Thing,' but [the new album] is more a labor of love. It's really me getting back to the roots of what Bo is, which is a Southern rock album and nothing more."

Recorded in Nashville with producer Frank Liddell, the album boasts more songwriting credits from Bice, who had little say the first time around. He also hand-picked all of his collaborators, including Gary Nichols and Chris Tompkins, whom Bice has known for more than a decade.

Elsewhere, Bice took cues from such '70s albums as Lynyrd Skynrd's "Second Helping" and Led Zepplin's "IV," with the goal being to create an overall cohesive effort rather than a CD packed with radio-ready singles. "I'm not inventing Southern rock," Bice says of his influences. "I'm just passing it on to the next generation because I learned a lot from the best out there, and I'm proud to be a gracious copycat of great music."

As for his "Idol" past, Bice says even though he's been making music for more than 15 years, he's proud the show helped launch his public profile. "I wouldn't have a career if they hadn't put me out in front of 40 million people for eight weeks," he says. "I owe ['Idol'] a great deal of gratitude."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2578264;
    As for his "Idol" past, Bice says even though he's been making music for more than 15 years, he's proud the show helped launch his public profile. "I wouldn't have a career if they hadn't put me out in front of 40 million people for eight weeks," he says. "I owe ['Idol'] a great deal of gratitude."
    Now this is how former non-winners and some winners should think. They try to distant themselves from the show or say that they just tried out for the show to get exposure, etc. Or that they're glad they didn't win or get far cause they don't want to get stuck with the label/contract. Instead of those kinds of response, just say they're grateful for the opportunity and exposure because they were nobodies before AI. Bo's response is classy. He and Carrie (still giving AI and people the props) are gems.

Just love Bo's response...such a classy guy. And hopefully he'll have a successful sophomore release. I'm not expecting great sales cause he no longer has marketing from a major label. but i think about 100-200K is successful for an indie label.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

collaborators, including Gary Nichols and Chris Tompkins,

I like a lot of Gary Nichols stuff & Chris Tompkins is one of the co-writers for Carries Before He Cheats.

I may be wrong, but I believe when someone releases an album through one retail outlet such as Bo is doing, then it removes the artist from being qualified for Chart positions. I'm pretty sure that is what happened to the last release for Garth Brooks that was exclusive to Wal Mart, he sold a zillion but the album never charted. The Eagles next album is also going to be Wal Mart exclusive & is releasing the week after Bo.

Bo's album cover:

FORT Fanatic

hehe. i like this cover than the real thing. he looks more southern gritty while in TRT he looked dolled up. but again in TRT, he eyes...wow...

thanks bbnbama for the pics and updates of bo (and the pics in carrie's thread and elsewhere)
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

^^^ Now that looks more like what a Bo album cover should look like.

Oh WOW. I can't wait. Bo may be my favorite American Idol contestant ever. I was so disappointed with TRT that I'm a little afraid to be excited. I hope that the album is great, even if it doesn't get radio play. I don't mind loving a really great album that isn't popular!!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

From Bo's myspace:

The complete track listing for SEE THE LIGHT is as follows:
    1. Witness
    2. Take the Country Outta Me
    3. I'm Gone
    4. Only Words
    5. Got Money
    6. See the Light
    7. Sinner in a Sin
    8. This Train
    9. Ain't Gonna Die
    10. Whiskey, Women & Time

You can go to Bo's myspace Myspace and click on "See the Light clips" on the myspace player and you can listen to clips of some of the songs on the CD...

I must say listening to those clips our Southern Bo is back!

And hard to believe...but tomorrow is his son, Aidan's, 2nd birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2578329;
    collaborators, including Gary Nichols and Chris Tompkins,

I like a lot of Gary Nichols stuff & Chris Tompkins is one of the co-writers for Carries Before He Cheats.

I may be wrong, but I believe when someone releases an album through one retail outlet such as Bo is doing, then it removes the artist from being qualified for Chart positions. I'm pretty sure that is what happened to the last release for Garth Brooks that was exclusive to Wal Mart, he sold a zillion but the album never charted. The Eagles next album is also going to be Wal Mart exclusive & is releasing the week after Bo.

This is bad news for me as I don't shop at Walmart.

I don't know why artists would limit themselves to any one outlet. If I were to sell to one outlet, it would have to be a chocolatier. lol
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread