+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by nemanomine;2419851;
    The concert was great! It was a small venue. We were 5 rows from the back but only 15 or so from the front. The opening guy, Gary Nichols, is a friend of his and he played for awhile and then joined Bo at the end for the encore where they played an Eagles song and "Midnight Rider" from the Allman Brothers. They ended on "Sweet Home Alabama". He only played one song from his album which was the title track, "The Real Thing". Most of the rest of it was new. He said his new album will be out in the fall. It was an acoustic show so it was him and a keyboardist/guitarist/back-up singer. BTW he has lost some weight and is SKINNY. Not that he was ever big, I was just surprised to see how thin he was.

There were these two ladies there that were totally cracking me and my husband up. The one would scream "I love you Bo" and the other would yell "Me too!!!" It was hilarious especially because they did it four or five times. hehehe
    Funny story about Gary Nichols:
    He's a local musician who lives here and I work for an attorney who handles real estate transactions. Gary and his wife were in our offices a couple of weeks ago to do a real estate transaction and one of my co-workers was telling him how crazy I was about AI. He came out to my desk to talk to me and noticed the wallpaper on my computer has Bo and Taylor on it. He was asking me if I was the owner of the Toyota 4runner parked out front with the "Bo Bice Rocks" sticker on my window and the personalized Idol car tag. Gee..how did he know that was mine?

He told me that he had met Taylor before and that he was a really nice guy and he said he was about to leave to go out on tour with Bo. I told him he needed to make sure to bring Bo back here so his local fans could see him. My co-worker suggested to Gary that he needed to surprise me and bring Bo in to meet me. I don't have to tell anyone here but I'm sure I would lose all cool and self respect I had if Bo walked into my office

Glad to hear the concert was good nemanomine. Gary plays with alot of local musicians. I've seen him before when he played with Angela and Zac Hacker (Nashville star winner and runner up). I'm ready for Bo's CD to come out...N.O.W.!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Bbnbama, I am so jealous!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

That is a cool story bbnbama. Hopefully he brings Bo in for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2420156;
    Glad to hear the concert was good nemanomine. Gary plays with alot of local musicians. I've seen him before when he played with Angela and Zac Hacker (Nashville star winner and runner up). I'm ready for Bo's CD to come out...N.O.W.!!!!
    When Gary said he was from Muscle Shoals I wondered if he had ever played with the Hackers. Cool to know that he has.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Bless his heart...he just cannot get well.....
    Nice to read the good review of Gary Nichols though.....

Link Here

Illness idles an Idol
    Review: After saying he's not feeling well, Bo Bice cuts short his show in Anaheim.
    By ROBERT KINSLER

It was obvious from the time that Bo Bice took the House of Blues Anaheim stage at 9:10 p.m. that something was wrong. At just about any concert given by a seasoned performer, the artist busts out of the gate with a song and saves the small talk for later. Bice looked tired and fumbled with his acoustic guitar for what seemed like a minute or so before launching into his first song, the Southern rock-styled "I'm Gone."

He noted early in the show he wasn't feeling well, but fans seemed pleased with his first several songs, including his own "American Blood" and a by-the-numbers cover of what he called one of his favorite covers, Jim Croce's "You Don't Mess Around With Jim."

Twenty minutes into his set, after playing a limp version of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Tuesday's Gone," Bice suddenly walked off the stage and left keyboardist Thomas Lee to finish the song alone.

Recorded music was then played over the Mouse House sound system while fans were left wondering if the show would go on. No announcement came, but almost 25 minutes later Bice, Lee and guitarist Gary Nichols walked on stage. Bice apologized to fans and noted he had been sick several times in the past, but this was the first time it had stopped or cut short a show.

He vowed to deliver a few more songs and did, offering up acoustic versions of the Allman Brothers' "Midnight Rider" and closing things out with Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama."

Bice, the runner-up on "American Idol" in 2005, apologized again and encouraged fans he would make it up to them when they heard the songs on his forthcoming album, set for release later this year. He should have given the fans that stuck around to the end of the show (many didn't and left during the unscheduled intermission) a voucher to get that CD for free.

Not all was lost on Tuesday night.

The aforementioned Nichols, a long-time friend of Bice who is a formidable singer, songwriter and virtuoso guitarist, delivered a 10-song set to open the night.

Although the crowd cheered loudest when Nichols used his powerful pipes to deliver the chorus on his "If We Could Make Love for a Living" or to mimic Robert Plant's vocal theatrics on a cover of "Whole Lotta Love," the Alabama troubadour was actually most effective in the emotional regions of "Somewhere Between Wrong and Right" and "No Mississippi."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2425572;
    Bless his heart...he just cannot get well.....
    Nice to read the good review of Gary Nichols though.....
    It's sad he's had such bad luck. He's such an amazing performer and nice guy.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar

I hate hearing that he's ill again. I was planning on seeing him in Odessa next week but it's canceled. I read somewhere else that he's going back into the studio to work on his new CD...I wish him lots of luck and tons of get well wishes.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Why can't he get a break. :oho
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Damn. I guess I'm glad I didn't get tickets to that show. Almost did, but. Wonder if LAGuy was there?!?

Such sad news. I do wish he could get healthy for a change, not just for the sake of his career but for himself and his family too. Let's hope this is just a short-term setback.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1560421/20070524/id_0. jhtml

'American Idol' Vets Bo Bice, Constantine Maroulis Can't Stop Rockin'

Season four's other rocker, #2 finisher Bo Bice, is also prepping an album for later this year: his yet-untitled sophomore release. His 2005 debut, The Real Thing, featured assists from Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, Nickelback's Chad Kroeger and former Evanescence member Ben Moody that were brokered by Bice's label (see "Intestines, 'Idol,' Baby And Bon Jovi Helped Inspire Bo Bice's Debut"). The longhaired Southern rocker says he called the shots this time around.

The album, which Bice is recording with noted country producer Frank Liddell ... features ... [some] famed session masters. "I was throwing around ideas of the people I wanted to play on it," Bice said. "And I was like, 'Yeah, sure, these guys will play on my album. Right!' " But a few phone calls landed him Rolling Stones keyboardist Chuck Leavell who[m] Bice met a decade ago when he delivered a package of Christmas CDs to Leavell's house as well as Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman, legendary session guitarist Waddy Wachtel (Keith Richards, Tom Waits) and bluegrass icon David Grisman.

"It's a star-studded cast, and I'm the only one on there who's not famous," the ever-humble Bice joked. "I picked and co-wrote the songs that if I was a guy who would be spending my hard-earned money buying an album I would want to hear." That means original back-to-basics Southern rock and country-tinged singer/songwriter tunes co-written with A.J. Croce ... and Chris Tompkins (Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats").

Bice said he wrote 31 songs for the album and is narrowing down the list to 10-12 that will make the final cut, including four songs that are currently vying to be the first single.

"I didn't have a lot to do with the first record," said Bice, who took time off in late 2006 to have another surgery to finally correct a nagging intestinal blockage that hospitalized him 15 times last year. " ... This time I was here for every aspect [of the album], and I'm a lot more comfortable."

Bice and Maroulis were the trailblazers for rock singers on "Idol." They paved the way for ... Chris Daughtry, a fact Bice takes pride in (see "If It Weren't For Bo, Could Chris Rock Out On 'Idol'?").

"It made me proud that Chris said I was part of what inspired him to audition," said Bice, who is in the midst of an acoustic U.S. tour. "There was never a bone in my body that thought I was going to win or make it that far. To see people progress and see more rock people on there makes me proud."

Bice has eight dates left on his acoustic tour, according to his management: Yuma, Arizona (Saturday); Anaheim, California (Tuesday); West Hollywood, California (Wednesday); San Diego (Thursday); Bakersfield, California (June 1); Tucson, Arizona (June 3); Odessa, Texas (June 7); and Dallas (June 9).

Update: On Bo's bandmember Chris Tomlinson says Bo has headed back into the studio to work full time on the new album and has had to cancel about 3 scheduled concerts for later this summer to make sure the album stays on course and on schedule.

I think this new album is going to be great! It's going to be listed as a country album (a mix of blues, southern rock, etc.) The real Bo this time.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

+ Reply to Thread