+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 194 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    I just love this guy... he is my favorite of the guys... I have gotten to the point where I look forward to his performances. And he sings stuff that is actually something that is being played on the radio today! Who'd of thought?!?! Some of the stuff these contestants sing are from ballads of the 80's... that era is past.... who listens to that anymore? Bo sing classic rock and the music he sing could be brand new and put on the radio today and still be played on modern rock stations everywhere... I am not so sure about the other contsetants.

This guy ROCKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Constantine was my favorite rocker at first, but Bo has blown him out of the water. Bo is pretty darn good.

Bo Peep?! Oh, Please!!!
    I thought Bos fans would be better than that.
    Too all those who've been praising my "brilliance" - I didn't come up with Bo Peep. [See Gris' article]

And to all youse who are either too anal (or too old) to appreciate a cute moniker, I pfffft in your general direction.

Quote Originally Posted by misssile
    Bo was so great on Monday that I was totally and completely blown away. He jumped about ten notches above the competition. He's in a class of his own. I'm a fan! I'm already planning on buying his first album.

What I'm trying to understand is HOW has this man not been discovered? Why doesn't he already have 3-4 albums out? He's amazing!
    Okay, great question. He does have a couple old albums out with his former groups--done when he was younger. He sounds good on them, but not as great as he sounds now. Over the years he has clearly developed some nuance, depth and complexity to his singing. This is why IT IS SO GREAT that AI took OLDER contestants this year--Bo has benefited from his years of extensive music experience.

Here is a link to his group Blue Suede Nickel. There are three tracks you can listen to.

http://www.garageband.com/artist/blue_sued_nickel
    Last edited by pillbeam; 03-02-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Here are some more pictures of Bo. The pictures will tell you where I got them!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Okay, great question. He does have a couple old albums out with his former groups--done when he was younger. He sounds good on them, but not as great as he sounds now. Over the years he has clearly developed some nuance, depth and complexity to his singing. This is why IT IS SO GREAT that AI took OLDER contestants this year--Bo has benefited from his years of extensive music experience.

Here is a link to his group Blue Suede Nickel. There are three tracks you can listen to.

Bo is a great example of why i am thrilled they raised thier age limit. So many singers and musicians in general mature in talent as they age. Men more so then women IMO. Great move for AI and I am very glad Bo got the benifit of this

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam

Thanks, Pill! I knew there were albums out. (Why do you think he has a recording studio?) But I'm glad you posted the link again.

BTW, it's Blue Sued Nickel, not "Suede." It's easy to misread it, though, because of the Carl Perkins song (made famous by Elvis).
    Last edited by Grisabella; 03-02-2005 at 02:27 PM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    He's good (although I have to say my brother does Whipping Post with his band and completely blows Bo out of the water on it, vocally and presence wise) ...
    No bias there, of course.

Seriously, there are many "undiscovered" musicians in garage bands, cover bands, karaoke bars, church choirs, and jam sessions all over the world who never get the "big break" to become stars. Sometimes they really don't have the motivation/drive to make it big. But being in the right place at the right time is a major factor too. I'm glad Bo's getting his chance now, via AI. I have a feeling a lot of "rocker" types were cut in previous seasons before the viewers could have a chance to see and vote for them. And a 24-year-old age cutoff really does knock out a lot of seasoned artists and performers.

Quote Originally Posted by misssile
    Bo was so great on Monday that I was totally and completely blown away. He jumped about ten notches above the competition. He's in a class of his own. I'm a fan! I'm already planning on buying his first album.
    It'll be interesting to see what his first post AI album will be like, especially if he should happen to win. Here's a guy who's used to being in a band. Will he do a solo artist? Will it be a rock album or eclectic? I'll probably buy it either way.
    (As I've said earlier, I actually think Bo's career will get a bigger bump from his AI exposure if he doesn't make it further than the final 3 or 4. It'll be easier to shed the "American Idol" tag, which for a rock musician is probably more albatross than badge of honor.)

What I'm trying to understand is HOW has this man not been discovered? Why doesn't he already have 3-4 albums out? He's amazing!
    See comments above.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

The "Layla" suggestion is great. I'd love to hear him sing that slow or fast.

Lay--la, you've got me on my knees.
    Lay--la, I'm begging, darling please.
    Lay-----la!, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

Whoa. I gotta settle down.

FORT Newbie
    I am not personally a fan of hard rock, never have
    been even when I was supposed to grow up in a generation where it
    developed. Hey, I got my ear drums to protect and I just can't stand the
    noise and the constant screeching, screaming, loud pounding of the drums
    and the smashing sound of electric guitars. How do they perform when
    there's a brownout like they always do in the third world ?

Having said that, if this were basketball and this were a slam dunk
    contest, Bo showed his SPECIALTY and WON IN STYLE. However if this
    competition were like basketball, you have to show that you're not only
    good in the slam dunk, you have to show you can dribble, shoot, pass,
    defend and hit the treys with consistency. Bo has shown that he is a
    great rocker. He rocked everybody's worlds. That would have been an
    awesome performance if he had the Allmans themselves backing him up.
    Between the two rockers, Bo took Constantine to school in front of 40 million
    people. It's time for Constaintine to lay his microphone respectfully at
    Bo's feet and leave with dignity. He cannot win, and there is no room
    for him in the top 6 guys. As I said, if Bo goes before Constantine, We
    need congress to appoint a special investigator to determine why this happened :-)

But Bo is not my "cup of tea" at all. But I have to admit, he deserves
    this spot. It was ok, if you are into that rocker stuff. I just don't
    think he can conform to theme nights when they come. Just as John
    Stevens looked lost in the other none big band nights.

This is pop music not rock n' roll and the judges' opinion might sway him to keep going this direction that will definitely get him kicked off the show when other genres become the theme.

+ Reply to Thread