+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Aw, what a heartbreaker, Bama!

(Hey, I love that avatar and I agree Dilana wuz robbed!)

Bo's new single is already being used in a major TV commercial that you may have already seen. I can't remember at the moment what it's for, but he sounds great! The ad doesn't identify who's singing, but it's Bo's version of Time Has Come Today that they're using! I hope he gets some decent $$ for the ad!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    The commercial is for Monopoly...and he sounds great, all "growly" like the Bo we loved on AI.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.bobice.com/?em1021=90087_...0&content=news

Message From Management , October 9, 2006

Bo’s relationship with you, his fans, has been one built on honesty from the very beginning. The moment he stepped on the stage for the first time at Idol, Bo has always been truthful and transparent about who he is and situations in his life. When he was hospitalized in Las Vegas with an intestinal condition, his desire not to disappoint his fans pushed him to get back out on tour as soon as he was able. As you all know, the situation was not resolved by that surgery, and Bo has unfortunately seen the inside of emergency rooms in different cities too often over the past year. After in depth discussions with his physicians, a new round of tests was scheduled during a break in the tour to attempt to pinpoint the problem and determine a course of action to resolve it. After the first round of tests was completed last week, Bo’s medical team concluded on review of the results that surgery could not wait, and he was immediately admitted to the hospital. The surgery was not easy or routine, and after a setback the following day, Bo is now recovering well under the supervision of his doctors and hospital staff.

We are confident that Bo will have a complete recovery, and hopeful that this procedure will be the final resolution to the problems that have existed for the past year. Bo is disappointed to say that this will obviously impact the remainder of the tour, but to what extent is currently unclear. We know your thoughts and prayers are with him, and we will keep you updated periodically if there are any changes.

One final comment to some inaccurate information that was released last week. Heath Clark has not “left” Sugarmoney. With the end of the album cycle rapidly approaching, Heath needed to insure the financial stability of he and his family. After full discussion with Bo and the boys, the decision was made that was best for everyone, and Heath will be back on board when it is time to begin the next cycle. Contrary to other people, and other sites, the band is still whole and united, and right now is there in support of Bo as he recovers.

Management
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

The latest is he is in stable condition. I hope the surgery corrects the problems he has been having for such a long time. Godspeed BO!!
    -------------------------

Bo Bice Has Emergency Intestinal Surgery

Former American Idol star Bo Bice underwent emergency intestinal surgery in Nashville last Thursday, the latest in a string of stomach troubles that have plagued the singer since last summer.

The procedure was described as neither easy nor routine, but Bice, 30, is expected to make a full recovery, his label said in a statement. He is currently recovering at the hospital in Nashville.

Doctors diagnosed his ailment as intussusception, an intestinal condition found mostly in young children and which Bice may have had since he was born. The doctors hope this latest surgery will resolve his intestinal problems for good, his reps said.

"Bo is still in the hospital, and he's stable," his publicist, Roger Widynowski, tells PEOPLE. "He had tests in the morning and after review of said tests it was determined that surgery should be performed immediately.

"Everyone is hopeful that this surgery will correct the condition, but there is no way to know for certain. He already has changed his diet (and) lifestyle over the last few months."

The Alabama native, who finished second to Carrie Underwood in the fourth season of American Idol, underwent emergency surgery in August 2005 to remove an intestinal blockage. That hospitalization in Las Vegas came just hours before a scheduled performance on the "American Idols Live" tour, which Bice subsequently left.

He was hospitalized again in December 2005 after coughing up blood.

Several upcoming engagements on Bice's current tour – Cumming, Ga., Panama City, Fla., and Anaheim, Calif. – have been cancelled. Prospects for the rest of the tour remain unclear.

Bice's health problems haven't been limited to stomach troubles. In July 2005 he suffered a broken foot during a performance in Manchester, N.H.

http://people.aol.com/people/article...544378,00.html
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2085882;
    The commercial is for Monopoly...and he sounds great, all "growly" like the Bo we loved on AI.
    Here's the link in case anyone wants to hear him! Just go to the left side of the page and click where it says "Watch the commercial"....

"Bo"nopoly!!

I am seeing on other sites a rumor that Bo has been dropped by RCA!

Its not been confirmed by Bo's publicist but he is no longer on the RCA roster list anymore...
    RCA

Coincidence?

As a huge Bo fan, if it is true, then I can only hope and pray that wherever he may go that they allow him to play and record the type of music that we know and love from Bo!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2218510;
    I am seeing on other sites a rumor that Bo has been dropped by RCA!

Its not been confirmed by Bo's publicist but he is no longer on the RCA roster list anymore...
    RCA

Coincidence?

As a huge Bo fan, if it is true, then I can only hope and pray that wherever he may go that they allow him to play and record the type of music that we know and love from Bo!
    I had heard those rumors as well. If so, it looks like Clive & his heavy handed direction has sidelined another career. Good luck to Bo. I hope he resurfaces with a label & producer that knows how to handle him.

Oh, that's sad. I'm a huge Bo fan too so I hope this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe if a label doesn't pick him up he can release independent cds with Sugarmoney. I like Papillon so much better than anything that was on his "Real Thing" cd. I'd hate to miss out on his music in the future. His voice sounds like home to me.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Oh now that sucks!! But maybe it's for the best if he can find another label who will work with him. I did read last week that he was working on a song for a movie soundtrack, so hopefully we'll hear something new from him soon.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

I really hate to hear this.
    He's got talent, someone else will nab him soon. It's just a matter of time!

+ Reply to Thread