+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh I am going to have to set the TiVo for this. This is something I don't want to miss
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    What am I setting my TiVo to? I'd love to see it.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    What am I setting my TiVo to? I'd love to see it.
    Macy's 4th of July Spectacular. NBC, July 4th, 9 p.m. Eastern

Hey gang! I saw Bo perform at the San Diego County Fair a few weeks ago. That would've been exciting enough, but I also won an opportunity to "Meet & Greet" with him before the show. (Little did I know, but attendance at his soundcheck would end up being included in the bargain.)

The whole thing was an incredible experience -- and I've written an incredibly loooong account of it in my MySpace blog. If you're interested, please check it out.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    LAGuy...Wanna sell your Bo tickets to the Ventura concert.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    LAGuy...Wanna sell your Bo tickets to the Ventura concert.
    No way! (You obviously read my blog. Thanks!)

The concert isn't until October 19 and tickets are still on sale at TicketMaster. It's General Admission, so you don't have to worry that the good seats are already gone.

You should definitely come, Uncle David! I'm sure you'd love the show. And, frankly, none of us want Bo to go anywhere near Vegas. Bad things always happen whenever he does....

If you're west of the Rockies, don't forget to tune in for Bo singing the Star Spangled banner at the opening of the Macy's Independence Day Spectacular at 9 PM tonight.

I've been reading, from people who've already watched it, that he nailed it - no superfluous show-off runs and tune bending - and sounded great!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

I saw it and he did really well. I only heard one bad note, toward the beginning, I think.

Yeah, there was one of the lowest notes towards the beginning -- the "ing" at the end of "... twilight's last gleaming ..." - where Bo's voice broke a little. It sounded to me like it was toward the bottom of his current range (he seemed to have more low range a few years ago) and he didn't quite have enough breath support for it at the end of the long phrase. But it wasn't a glaring "bad note," and the rest of the song sounded really good to me. I was especially impressed with his power and tone on the high parts.

I think this a cappella performance was even better than "In A Dream" on Idol. His voice sounded richer.

Anyone know if he sings again on the show later?
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    Yeah, there was one of the lowest notes towards the beginning -- the "ing" at the end of "... twilight's last gleaming ..." - where Bo's voice broke a little. It sounded to me like it was toward the bottom of his current range (he seemed to have more low range a few years ago) and he didn't quite have enough breath support for it at the end of the long phrase. But it wasn't a glaring "bad note," and the rest of the song sounded really good to me. I was especially impressed with his power and tone on the high parts.

I think this a cappella performance was even better than "In A Dream" on Idol. His voice sounded richer.

Anyone know if he sings again on the show later?
    I was pleasantly surprised when Bo opened the show last night with our National Anthem. And he did an outstanding job!

+ Reply to Thread