+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11 View Post
    please let Bo record the type of music he loves not what you want, thinks is best for him.
    Is the second album under his contract with 19E?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Is the second album under his contract with 19E?
    I believe Bo is with another management company. Last year only the winner was signed by 19E.

Sony/BMG, of which RCA Records is a subsidiary, is connected to 19 Entertainment. The management arm of 19E is 19M (the mgmt. co. that Clay and later Kelly broke away from to be managed by The Firm). DK who Bo's management co. is.

Here's a great review of a recent Bo/SugarMoney concert by Donna Reynolds.
    (Think it's OK to post this link, because Foxes On Idol doesn't seem to be a fan site or message board. All I ever see there are reviews.
    Anyway, if the link has to be deleted, you can find the article by clicking on SirLinksalot at the top of this page.)

http://www.redhottopic.com/forums2/i...0&#entry300876

Excerpts:
    Donna Reynolds -- 06/12/2006

This past weekend, Bo Bice was the headliner at the Coors Light Balloon Festival in Jamesville, NY, an annual event that draws upwards of 20,000 people each year. ... Bo and his band heated up the crowd with a rapid-fire succession of tunes starting with an energetic “Vehicle” and ending with a straight-out hard rockin’ “Freebird.” In between, he treated the audience to several of his own songs, including “Cinnamon and Novocain,” “Valley of Angels,” and “Sinner in a Sin,” a few tunes from his CD ... and covers of “Whippin’ Post” and “Sweet Home Alabama.” Bo also had a chance to play guitar [both electric and acoustic]... .” What can I say? Bo Bice totally rocks.

Vocally, Bo was solid throughout ... and his band was really tight. Bass player John Cooper and drummer Shane Sexton have been with him for twelve years, and I have to say, they’ve come a long, long way. The rest of the band includes guitarist Kris Bell, keyboard player Thomas Lee, and guitarist Heath Clark, all of whom are excellent musicians and complement Bo very nicely.

The last time I saw Bo Bice, he was only three weeks or so post-surgery, and while he put on a hell of a show, he was certainly not 100 percent. Since then, he’s recovered from surgery, put on a little weight, and is definitely moving around a lot better! He was playful on the stage and interacted with his audience as though he were hosting a huge family reunion. I loved the interaction with his band and his obvious pride in having his "boys" up there with him. Bo’s the star, but he’s never forgotten where he came from or how he got there.

But there’s something else different about post-Idol Bo ... . Bo is free! He can sing what he wants, say what he wants, and has complete control over his environment. It’s his show now. Sure, he’s supposed to be promoting the CD, but he’s also promoting Bo Bice, and his show has a real personal feeling to it that was missing from his Idol tour performance. He looks as though he is having fun and that positive energy ripples through the crowd.
    Click the link to read the rest of the article.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Bo and his band, Sugar Money, recently did a concert at the 93Q Coors Light Balloon Fest at Jamesville Beach Park in Syracuse NY.
    Here is part of the review from a local paper.

This link will take you to the whole article.

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainmen...450.xml&coll=1

Bice shows crowd he's 'Real Thing'
    June 12, 2006
    By Mark Bialczak

"Bice showed Central New York he'll forever have a whole bunch of Alabama in his heart.*'We've got some colorful people in the South. They call us rednecks,' Bice said before launching his band into the closing Lynyrd Skynyrd medley. 'This is for the northern rednecks.'"

"They played 'Sweet Home Alabama,' ... and ... 'Freebird' as if they love them dearly.

By the choice of cover songs, Bice showed he might have come in second on a show that's designed to produce pop stars, but he's still a Southern rocker.* The saucy "Vehicle" and Allman Brothers Band classic "Whipping Post" might not have done much for the younger set at Jamesville Beach, but their parents who took them there sure loved them.

The original work from Bice's debut disc, "The Real Thing," all carried a Southern rock ring to it, too.* The title cut, which quickly landed Bice on the pop charts, was full of memorable melody and catchy lyrics.* And it was rich with Southern guitar and a hearty rock beat, too.* The next single, "U Make Me Better," is bound to land on the charts, too.

Bice can sing, and he has boundless energy and charisma.* He admitted that working with "Idol"-maker Clive Davis "gave me opportunities I would not have chased."

But it's his songs, including the satisfying and self-satisfied "It's My Life" and the soul-searching "Valley of Angels," that show he's ready to catch those opportunities by the tail.* The concert talent of his band proves that Bice had chops before "Idol," too.* He introduced his band mates as his friends, noting that most have been with him for the last 12 years.

Bice seemed humble, pointing out that the attention of every single fan makes him a better performer, "from the smiling child to the cool 85-year-old."*

That's a very good review, isn't it? I'm sure tha Bo is thrilled to read what people think of his show.

Bo Bice at Steamboat Days

I would love to have been to this one!

Bo Bice expected to be large BSD draw

By BOB SAAR
    for The Hawk Eye

Headliner Bo Bice was a runner–up on the wildly popular television talent show "American Idol" and is one of the few contestants who managed to keep a high–profile celebrity status post–Idol.

Bice ... is somewhat of a throwback to the good old days of Mussel Shoals when the Allman Brothers and their cohorts ruled the radiowaves.

"I actually think he's kind of cool because he's retro," singer/songwriter Jamie Reno of San Diego, Calif. said. "He's sort of old school southern rock."

We're guessing that tonight's show will be a blast, simply because the audience wants to love Bo in person as much as they loved him on American Idol.

People are swarming from around the country just for Bice, because the man isn't really on tour; he's got gigs but not a touring schedule.

A busload of Canadians is on its way across the border.

We almost lost Bice when he rescheduled New York shows in Poughkeepsie and Albany so that he could fly to LA for the taping of yet another American Idol special.

Wonder what AI special that was.

Bice was raised in the south by his song–singing, instrument–playing, music–worshiping parents. His father played guitar, banjo and mandolin; his mother and her three cousins were in a group called the Singing Jays, and his mom even sang at the Grand Ole Opry

Bice said on his Web site that after years of fantasizing about success in the music industry, finally achieving it is incredibly gratifying and humbling.

"I never set out to be somebody on TV but I hope that I'm able to continue to do things on TV, you know, without becoming an actor," he said. "I want to do little silly things. Something that's relevant, something that I can enjoy."

A dose of Steamboat Days ought to qualify as relevant.

More here: http://www.thehawkeye.com/daily/stories/ln2_0617.html

Bo was featured as one of the "Newest Dads" in People Magazine's Father's Day issue.

Bo Bice with son Aidan Michael/ People Mag., June 22, 2006
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Oh wow...great pic of Bo!! And Aidan's a little cutie, he has great genes!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

All that picture needs is a photoshopped halo, tilted to one side, lol.
    2003-2008.

Like this?

+ Reply to Thread