+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    OH yeah....loved that "For the love of Money" performance, that was a hot one! I agree, the dualdisc is the way to go, and there are some good cuts on the album. I had never really thought about "Willing to try" sounding like Elton John but it does!! LOL...still one of my favorites (the song and Elton.)
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    Here are a few upcoming concert dates for Bo with Sugar Money.

6/2 - Atlanta, GA -Star 94 Next Big Thing Showcase
    6/3 - Valdosta, GA - Wild Adventure
    Oops! Those 2 are already over.

6/9 - Bessemer, AL (This Friday)
    6/11 - Syracuse, NY - Balloon Fest 27
    6/14 - San Diego, CA - Del Mar Fairgrounds
    6/15 - Stockton, CA - San Joaquin Fair
    6/17 - Burlington, IA - Steamboat Days
    6/19 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights 7:30PM
    6/23 - Atlantic City, NJ - LYNYRD SKYNYRD WITH BO BICE
    6/27 - Tampa, FL
    6/29 - Stroudsburg, PA (rescheduled from 5/24) - Sherman Theater
    6/30 - Berea, OH - Summerfest - Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds

Sounds like a lot o' travellin' to me!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Darn! Nothing near Las Vegas.

Thanks anyway Enya.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Darn! Nothing near Las Vegas.

Thanks anyway Enya.
    Everytime Bo gets near Las Vegas he ends up in the Hospital. He may not get close anytime soon.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Everytime Bo gets near Las Vegas he ends up in the Hospital. He may not get close anytime soon.
    Understood! I'm ambivalent about wanting Bo to perform here for just that reason.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

From The Birmingham News

Bo's back - near-rock-star status
    Bice bus takes family to fan base

Saturday, June 10, 2006
    MARY COLURSO
    News staff writer

BESSEMER -- It's Friday afternoon and Bo Bice, his wife Caroline, and the rest of their little family are kicking back in the tour bus.

The black Prevost sits quietly on a hill behind the stage at Alabama Adventure, unmolested by fans camped out seven hours early for Bice's 8 p.m. concert at the amusement park.

Most of the Bo Peeps waiting patiently for the gates to open probably guess that Caroline is on board with Aidan Michael, the Bices' 8-month-old son. But Gracie and Sal, the couple's two beloved dogs, are stretched on the floor, as well.

Welcome to domestic bliss, Southern rock-star style.

That means 12 bunks, a bathroom, a flat-screen television, comfy couches, stained glass and a lounge in the back.

But Bice, who earned fame as the 2005 runner-up on "American Idol," says he doesn't feel like a rock star yet.

"TV does this thing where people think that you're up above them," the ponytailed singer says. "I think it's pretty groovy that people want to meet me. But I'm just like anybody else."

Well, not quite.

Most folks don't have a gold album to their credit, a single on Billboard's adult contemporary charts and thousands of people paying close attention to their music at tour stops across the country.

Bice, 30, isn't about to brag about such accomplishments, but says he's happy to face a swelling crowd in his home state.

"It's really cool being back this time," says Bice, a Huntsville native and former Helena resident who now lives in Nashville.

"The last time I came, there was so much going on," he says. "I was recovering from the show, recouping from surgery, and the baby had just come.

"This time I'm actually healthy. I'm not on pain medication. The baby is almost 9 months old, and we can see family and friends. It's a privilege to come back," he says.

When Bice did an Oct. 15 hurricane-relief benefit at the Verizon Wireless Music Center in Pelham, he had yet to heal from major intestinal surgery. It repaired a kink in his digestive system but left him gaunt and pale.

Now the sparkle is back in his eyes; a tinge of pink has returned to his cheeks. His ripped jeans actually fit well, instead of hanging loosely.

Bice seems like a content man as he bounces Aidan on his knee, with Caroline close by his side. Fact is, Bice says, holding his blue-eyed son keeps him from worrying about his career path - or how much he can control it.

"I try not to take any of this too seriously or I'll think myself into the hospital," Bice says. "There are stresses and pressures when you're on `American Idol.' It's like a celebrity boot camp - a year of the process of being polished and groomed."

His "Idol" experiences - a fast, furious and very public workload - taught him to be diplomatic with the media, Bice says, and to be careful about his time commitments.

"I try not to push myself too hard," he says. "I'm no good to anybody if I'm not well."

Bice broke his foot and sprained his ankle on stage in August, during a stop on the "American Idols Live" tour in New Hampshire. But he finished the show and did several other dates wearing an air cast.

Dwelling on such mishaps isn't his style, Bice says. He hasn't changed his jumping, flipping, twirling, stage-diving persona, either.

"I just look forward and stay grounded," he says.

Touring and doing radio appearances to promote his pop-rock disc for RCA, "The Real Thing," have occupied Bice since its release date in December. As a result, Bice says, he hasn't gotten started on material for his next album.

But he does have a few general ideas: Take more time, use fewer songwriters and producers, set a tone that better reflects his Southern roots.

"For my first, out-of-the-gate project, (producer) Clive (Davis) allowed me to do a DualDisc that included some of my songwriter material and concert videos," Bice says. "I felt like he gave me a lot of leeway and a lot of room to grow.

"When it comes time to do the next one," Bice continues, "I hope the vision will be more Southern rock .... and have more of a country influence. I hope he'll allow me to season the album with more of me."

(emphasis added )

Thanks for posting that article, LAGuy. I'm glad to hear that Bo's health is better now. I've been hearing his single on the radio lately. I'll look forward to his 2nd album sometimes in the future.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Im glad to hear hes gonna be in Cleveland! I may have to drag my kid to the Fair this year lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Great article! It's nice to hear that he's still very grounded and hasn't let fame go to his head. And I can't wait to hear what he has in store for the next CD...I really hope he gets to do what he wants on it!!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

I'm glad he's healthier, gaining more weight.

CD (Clive D.), please let Bo record the type of music he loves not what you want, thinks is best for him.

+ Reply to Thread