+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Right now Carrie's album is being talked about on Pop, Country and Gospel lists!! She is also getting the respect of many a successful Country artist.
    She is for this mom a godsend in that she has the looks, inoscence and youth to appeal to the teen market as well!!

Bo is a Southern Rocker which reminds some of us baby boomers of our youth but not someone who I would buy more than one album unless he really surprises me....which is still possible since I have yet to hear it!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Basically, Razor, I agree with you across the board with minor exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    You are correct, Bo did blow the roof off with For the Love of Money, but that wasn't then & isn't now the type of music Carrie sings. Why would you bring up a comparison like that? We could say that Carrie was phenominal on Independence Day but could you imagine how bad Bo would sound doing it. Unfair comparisons on both sides.
    My point was, I believe Bo WOULD do a great job on Independence Day. Just as he did with every genre he attempted on AI. (OK, there was the debacle with the show tune, but then Id have worried about him if hed excelled there.) Where I believe Carrie does well, exceptionally well, at two genres.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second paragraph but I do know that there were numerous folks on this forum & many others that said they were glad Bo lost, because he would now be able to have more input into his album while Carrie would be stuck with whatever TPTB told her to do, & it has infact gone just the opposite. Carrie has released a truly fine Country flavored album while Bo is getting pummeled from all sides (including his fans)for what TPTB have done to him. I said from the very first time I heard that Clive Davis was going to be producing that Bo had been hung out to dry & I still say so.

Long term, there is hopefully many great albums in Bo's future. I like the guy, I like his voice, I like his attitude, but I'll like him a lot better post Clive.
    I was, in fact, one of those who thought it would be better for Bo to have lost so he would have more input. Turns out 19E finally showed some sense and gave the winner over to some people who actually knew what they were doing. As you said, someone other than Clive Davis. My second paragraph was simply a recognition of what actually happened as opposed to what many of us thought would happen. You, apparently, were wiser than the rest of us.

By the way there are ads in our Sunday paper for Bo's album at $7.99, so 19E must not have much faith in it either or they wouldn't be putting a bargain basement price on it like that. It is a sad thing & quite unfair. It is time for AI to unhitch themselves from the Clive Davis wagon.
    I dont know about the other AI contenders, but the two I have cared about (Clay and Bo) seem to have both suffered under Clive. I agree with you wholeheartedly that they need to cut Mr. Davis from the mix.

Still, Bo is my man, and I believe that, like Clay and Carrie, he has a great future ahead of him.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fanatic
    well at least half of what i said when finale results was announced was right. TPTB took their time with carrie...or more like they gave her the "right" people to groom her and led her in the right direction.

i would've thought the same for bo because of his throwback style, but boy, was i ever wrong. they're trying to make some quick money off him from his fans....which most might be disappointed in if they digged him for his southern rock style. but i guess they made him more radio pop/rock friendly...to appeal more people because of who he is. but yes, get rid of clive davis.

kelly's more successful now and doing her thing. i think clay's happy. i really didn't care for diana degarmo but she had a nice powerful 'adult' voice and hopefully she'll do well in the future. im glad carrie succeeded and is accepted in the country genre.

as for bo, hope he'll rebound after this cd. i listened to clips of the cd (if they were all real ones from other sites which im pretty sure it is), and im NOT going to buy it. i ONLY buy full albums if at least half the songs catch my attention...and well, none really did. i guess i had higher expectations for bo's album than carrie's and it's quite a disappointment. i already hear nickelback and bonjovi on radio, i don't need another sound alike. maybe in the future if i hear any of his songs again and it starts to grow on me, ill just purchase/dl the single off musicmatch, walmart, itunes sites. im not buying it even if its 7.99. ill wait til his next album and hopefully clives not part of it...and get the real bo that i saw on AI4.

If this album does not sell...there will unlikely be a second one!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    as for bo, hope he'll rebound after this cd. i listened to clips of the cd (if they were all real ones from other sites which im pretty sure it is), and im NOT going to buy it. i ONLY buy full albums if at least half the songs catch my attention...and well, none really did. i guess i had higher expectations for bo's album than carrie's and it's quite a disappointment. i already hear nickelback and bonjovi on radio, i don't need another sound alike. maybe in the future if i hear any of his songs again and it starts to grow on me, ill just purchase/dl the single off musicmatch, walmart, itunes sites. im not buying it even if its 7.99. ill wait til his next album and hopefully clives not part of it...and get the real bo that i saw on AI4.
    I respectfully disagree with this statement. I believe you should buy a CD to show support for someone because like another poster said, if this CD doesn't sell alot..more than likely there won't be a 2nd CD (case in point-Justin and Diana..tho I know Justin has one out now..after how long tho???!). I didn't like all the songs on Clay's CD but I bought it...didn't like all of Fantasia's songs but I bought it...etc. I'm a HUGE Bo fan and would support him irregardless...will I love every song on his CD? Probably not..there's very few CD's out there that I love every single song on there. But I want to show support for him...I will be one of the first in line to get his CD on Tuesday!

FORT Fanatic
    real die hard fan. thats awesome. maybe you can buy an extra one in my place. but im sorry, im just not one of those who'll waste my precious money to support someone if i dont like/enjoy something what they do. i do still have college loans and credit card bills, and rent, utilities, etc to pay for. i only spend if its worth it...or like what i said earlier in case of cds...if half the songs on the cd pulls me in. i appreciate things that are well done or meets my expectation. and thats not only cds, but movies, plays, restaurants, etc.

im pretty sure bo will make another cd...hopefully without clive's 'help' and do songs like what he did on AI4 and pre-idol band stuff...but not this recycled nickelback/new bonjovi style crap. i know bo's a laid back kind of guy but he should get clay's lawyer and help him out.

even if sales dont go well, it doesnt mean he'll not make another one. it'll just take some time (yes, guarini and even tamyra...should go to her thread and read an article posted on there about working with clive on her album). bo has an appeal...his scraggly grungy southern rock style growling. if he does that he'll pull me back in. how many artists right now does that kind of style...none. i thought TPTB would be smart and try to bring it back, yes its a niche but it has a nice following.

im only 28 so i didn't grow up listening to lynard skynard and other southern/classic rock or whatever theyre calling it...but appreciate good music. im fans of other artists but i dont own all their albums...only the ones i know i'll fully enjoy. and like what i said, too bad i had high expectations from him because of what he did on AI...the different style he brought to the show. and was expecting that. and am quite disappointed. not like carrie, i didnt have high expectations on her even if she was the 'winner' because she put what I 'expected', a nice quality of country pop songs...its what she is and stated.

but im digressing, i disagree with your statement. about purchasing a cd to show suppport. but bo is lucky he has fans like you, and im sure there are more like you. and that is great. and hopefully he'll sell lots of cds (also great timing for holiday season to help the sales) and make many more, but just not with clive and hopefully he wont have kroeger writing him songs next time...and maybe ill buy those. and dont get me wrong, I AM A FAN OF BO, but just NOT HIS DEBUT ALBUM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I'm in BBs camp. I'll buy Bo's CD regardless of how good/bad it is. (And can we please stop making judgments about an album that hasn't even been released?) The fact is, even though I don’t buy Country music Cds I’d have bought Carrie’s if she’d needed the support. I like her and I want her to have every chance at success, just as I do Clay and Bo.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Uncle David, I know many here won't agree with me, but your comments about Clive & his misspent direction for Clay & Bo could be extended to Diana DeGarmo as well. As I said many didn't like her & wouldn't have bought her album regardless, but Clive once again stepped into the fray & fouled up a very talented young ladies debut. And they coveniently "forgot" to mention it when going over all his contributions to Idol albums during his appearance on the show last year. I think regardless of whether Bo has success with this album or not he will be back for another. He is now living in Nashville & you may see a different direction to his next efforts. I forsee something along the lines of the Van Zant brothers, who made their name in Southern Rock but have recently become hits in Country.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I'm in BBs camp. I'll buy Bo's CD regardless of how good/bad it is. (And can we please stop making judgments about an album that hasn't even been released?) The fact is, even though I dont buy Country music Cds Id have bought Carries if shed needed the support. I like her and I want her to have every chance at success, just as I do Clay and Bo.
    I'm with you...I'm gonna buy Bo's CD, prolly a few copies, even if it is more pop-oriented than we'd all like. I've heard 4 full length songs off it and I do admit to enjoying them, especially "Valley of Angels" - that one's awesome, definitely a touch of southern rock there which is no surprise since Bo wrote it a number of years back. I'd recommend getting the dual disc...it's gonna have a few Bo and SugarMoney originals on there.

Just don't give up on Bo yet. Even though we all thought he'd get more free reign by not winning the AI title, he's trying to make the best out of what he got (and that effort is pretty darn good IMO!) Go out and buy a copy to support our boy and hopefully more of the "real" Bo can come out and play in the future!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

I just listened to a preview on AOL for it and it was not as bad as the review indicated but it did not just reach out and grab me like Carrie's did. His voice is rich and nice to hear without the screaming tone that the AI show performances sound like on tv.

I will buy the CD since it is the kind of music my son likes and will put in his stocking . It would be good background music at a party... Most of the songs just reminded me of background tv show intro music or the filler songs on a big name album!

I do agree he can do better...hope he gets a chance.

+ Reply to Thread