+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 194 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbert
    ... Many, if not most, businesses do not allow you to take a "leave of absence" for anything other than medical or family reasons. I don't know where he worked, but if it was a smaller place the missing person could really hurt business. ... The business let Bo know that they could not keep him on the books if he took that much time off. Instead of doing the grown-up thing and accepting his choice, he took advantage of a system designed to assist people in need. ...

His lack of respect for the business he left (who was forced to partially pay his unemployment benefits) amazes me. And then to go on national television and brag about it demonstrates his complete lack of character.
    ... His problem seemed to be that he was honest to his employer and told him as soon as he knew about it that in two months he will be going to American Idol. ... it sounds like he would have liked to work that two months, he still needed money to pay his bills for the two months before the show started. But his boss said no, you're outta here now. Why should he have foregone unemployment benefits? ... the unemployment benefits are there so that people can use them when they really need it. Bo needed it at that point. ... ... He did not "use the system", he just asked for the benefits he was eligible to get.
    Bo worked at a music store, Guitar World, as a manager. I've read that the store owner fully supports Bo in his AI endeavor, though he could not afford to keep him on the payroll and give him time off, too. I don't blame Bo at all for not wanting to quit ahead of the time he went to Hollywood. The manager could have fired him "for cause" - for taking too much time off - thus denying him benefits, but chose not to. It doesn't sound to me like Bo exploited his employer at all (and he may end up paying him back double whatever he collected in unemployment, for all we know). I also don't think Bo "bragged" about the situation. It sounded to me like he was just being candid with the interviewer back in the early stages of the show, before he knew he'd advance this far (maybe not wise, knowing everything can get aired on the show), and seeming happily surprised it worked out so he didn't have to quit.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 03-01-2005 at 04:28 PM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

I think the producers want Bo to go far in this contest because he so different from the previous AI winners. Bo's talents clearly could be adapted to country and pop, and contestants in the past have kinda cheated the swing category by singing bluesy stuff from the swing era. I'm sure that's what Bo would do if swing is on the menu again.

Like Randy, I've really admired Bo's outfits. Well, they are no accident: His grandmother sews them for him. This is the same grandma who gave him the nickname "Bo." Check out this interesting article in the Decatur Daily:

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturd...227/bice.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Like Randy, I've really admired Bo's outfits. Well, they are no accident: His grandmother sews them for him. This is the same grandma who gave him the nickname "Bo." Check out this interesting article in the Decatur Daily:

I saw that article, Pillbeam! How sweet that grandma sews his clothes for him.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

i think bo was the best performance of the night. it's great to see some southern rock on american idol.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam

Thanks for the link, that makes me love him even more!
    My Mom is a professional seamstress....I just told her about Bo's grandma and she LOOOVES that his grandma makes his clothes, lol.

I Tivo'ed last night's AI. I have watched it over twice today (his performance.) I love it every time!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Interesting article Pillbeam. First of all it is so nice that he wears his grandma's creations so well. Second, I had no idea we share a place of education, Bo and I No wonder that I could not get through a single time to Bo's number last night (nor last week).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Gotta say, this guy is at the tippy top of my AI list! He simply rocks, and is GENUINE, something missing from many of the other performers *ahemMarioandConstantine*cough *. I had a different favorite going into the last 2 weeks, but have been totally won over by Bo. I've spent more than my fair share of time around musicians, and he strikes me as the 100% real deal. I hope he makes it VERY far in this competition, and teaches those teeny-boppers a thing or 12 about how it's REALLY done! I also agree that he should have no trouble moving from genre to genre--- because talent is talent. Can't be denied. GO BO!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    I realized the difference between Bo and Constantine last night: Bo's talent and performances are as close to authentic rock as one could get on AI, while Constantine is the pretty-boy lead singer whose performances looks forced. Now, while I think Constantine is the prettier of the two, Bo is much better. He's blown me away the last two weeks and he's gotten my vote every time.
    Initially, I was in Constantine's camp, but his "Make-Lurve-To-The-Audience-Expression" has worn too thin for my tastes.

Bo, though less "handsome" than Constantine, blew me away with his song and stance last night.

I'm on the the Bo Bandwagon now!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I agree with ya lambi, count me in with the Bo-Bandwagon!

+ Reply to Thread