+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Congratulations to both Bo and Caroline on Baby Aiden Bice.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Article from The Birmingham News, 10/14:
    http://www.al.com/entertainment/birm...l=2&thispage=2

Bice, SugarMoney book Pelham show for hurricane relief
    Band, crew won't get paid for concert Saturday night
    Friday, October 14, 2005

MARY COLURSO
    News staff writer

Bo Bice says he was ready to shuck his music-star persona in September, grab a hammer and help victims of hurricanes Katrina and Rita rebuild their damaged homes.

An 8-inch incision in his stomach stopped him.

So did the advice of doctors, who warned that it was too soon for the singer to pick up debris, carry 2-by-4s or forget about the intestinal surgery he'd been through just a few weeks before.

"But I've got to help. It's the way I was raised," Bice said. "If you've got, you give."

That's why the "American Idol" runner-up is performing a benefit concert Saturday at the Verizon Wireless Music Center in Pelham.

Proceeds from the 7:30 p.m. show will go to Habitat for Humanity's reconstruction and recovery programs. Tickets cost $20 to $55. Bice will appear with his band, SugarMoney, after an opening set by singer-songwriter David Graves.

"We need to lift some spirits up, man," Bice, 29, said during a phone interview Thursday. "People also need to know this is an ongoing problem. It's not just something you give your $5 to and forget."

During a break from a songwriting session in Nashville, Bice could be heard lightly playing a few notes on a keyboard as he discussed charity work - something he's determined to fit into his busy schedule.

"There are things I'm passionate about," Bice said. "This is something I'm going to continue to do, whether I'm playing for a few people in a nightclub three years down the road or packing out stadiums."

Although developing material for his debut album for RCA, due in late November, Bice has managed to slip in a few concerts on his days off, including an Oct. 8 set at Mobile's BayFest.

That show featured two new band members - guitarist Kris Bell and keyboard player Thomas Lee - and served as a warm-up of sorts for Saturday's date, said SugarMoney bassist John Cooper.

Folks who attend the Pelham benefit can expect to hear many of the same songs, Cooper said, including SugarMoney tunes such as "Cinnamon and Novocain," "Lonely Boy Blues," "Sinner in a Sin," "Ain't Got Money" and "Witness."

Bice and his band also are likely to cover pop-rock hits such as "Vehicle" (his current single), "Whole Lotta Love," "Take the Money and Run," "American Woman," "Voodoo Child," "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Free Bird."

In addition, Cooper said, the benefit is bound to feature two tunes written by Bice about the hurricanes: "We Can't Change This World" and "Changing for the Better."

Moved by images

News reports about the disaster and images of its aftermath moved him so much, Bice said, he was compelled to turn his thoughts into lyrics.

He also opened his home in Helena - vacant after Bice and his wife, Caroline, moved to Tennessee - to a family of evacuees from Louisiana.

Dealing with the disaster "has been a life-changing experience," Bice said. "And not only for the people there. Everyone should feel it. It's not just some people on TV."

To make sure the donation to Habitat is as large as possible, Bice and SugarMoney aren't getting paid for the Pelham date, Cooper said. Nor, he said, is anyone on the band's crew.

The concert has been organized by Bice's church in Shelby County, New Hope Cumberland Presbyterian, and Alabama Alive! magazine.

Bice said fans needn't worry that recent ill health will stop him from racing around the stage and performing with the energy they expect. Bice underwent emergency surgery in mid-August to repair a blocked intestine, and broke his foot July 31 during a performance on the "American Idol" tour.

"I'm doing great," he said. "It's cool. I actually got better after I laid down and took a break. I'd been sick for a while and just kept on going."

Catching a head cold after the Mobile show is a minor annoyance right now, Bice said, blowing his nose.

"But I'll be honest with you," he added. "Once you step out on that stage, it doesn't matter how sick you are, or what's wrong with you. You forget everything."

E-mail: mcolurso@bhamnews.com

For you Bo fans out there.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/searc..._id=1001390524

Bo Bice Album Due In December
    October 26, 2005, 4:10 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    "American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice will release his as-yet-untitled debut album Dec. 13 via RCA. Although the track list for the set is not finalized, tunes have been submitted by Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, former Evanescence guitarist Ben Moody, Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora in collaboration with producer John Shanks, Desmond Child and Marty Frederiksen.

It is unknown if Bice's debut single, "Inside Your Heaven," will re-appear on the album. The track debuted in July at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100, two weeks after "Idol" champ Carrie Underwood took the song to No. 1.

Bice and his band have also been performing two songs inspired by the recent hurricanes, "We Can't Change This World" and "Changing for the Better," at their live shows, but it is unclear if they will make the cut.

Clive Davis is serving as executive producer on the set, while additional production was turned in by Shanks, Moody, Frederiksen and Max Martin.

As previously reported, Bice can be heard guesting on Carlos Santana's new album, "All That I Am," due Nov. 1 via Arista.

That was a great article, bamabrain. He'll forever be my American Idol. I can't wait to get his album.

There's a nice article on Bo in this week's People magazine, along with adorable pictures of little Aidan Michael Bice.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Just read the article in People....love the family photo. Especially the dog laying on his back snuggled up to Bo and Aiden with the pacifier in his mouth!! It would be a Great Chrismas card.

Bo's new CD will be called "The Real Thing" and the cover is now on "Amazon!!"

Appearances:
    All times listed in Eastern Standard Time (ET)

Dec. 5 Bo Bice - Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno (NBC)
    Dec. 6 Bo Bice - Billboard Music Awards
    Dec. 9 Bo Bice - The Today Show
    Dec. 9 Bo Bice - Regis And Kelly
    Dec. 13 Bo Bice - Ellen
    Dec. 19 Bo Bice - Radio Music Awards (NBC)
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 11-21-2005 at 05:44 PM.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar
    Thanks BoBo. I really appreciate all of you who keep me informed about Bo.

I'm looking forward to his new album. I loved the track on Santana's new album. I hope Bo continues to explore genres other than just rock. He's such an all 'round performer it would be a shame for him to lock himself into a box. I know with most of the Idol finalists it's best that they stick to what got them there, but Bo is in a class by himself.

Here's hoping the new album will be the huge success he deserves.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar
    Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of Bo over the next couple weeks. I'm not sure how many of these appearances are repeats, but my TiVo shows the following television appearances....

4, December on 'Big in 2005' (VH1)
    5, December on 'The Tonight Show' (NBC)
    9, December on 'The Today Show' (NBC)

All that AND the release of his new album on 13, December. Life is good!

Now, if he’d just announce his tour dates.

ETA: Darn, I forgot about BoBo's post. Well, at least I was able to add the VH1 appearance.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 11-29-2005 at 12:12 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I've been extremely busy lately, so I didn't post this when it was running, but about a month ago, the local FOX affiliate ran a series of Idol postscripts each night for a week. They featured our local boys, Bo and Reuben. The Bo pieces were very good--one night they showed him working on his album in Nashville and another night they showed his 30th birthday party at his home in Nashville.

+ Reply to Thread