+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Thanks AIWannabe....that interview is another reason why I love the Bo-man.....!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Iím a good dog; as long as you keep petting me, Iíll stay on the porch.
    How do you NOT love this guy?

Thanks AI.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

The AI producers et. al. have added a final show to the tour on 9/11 in Syracuse as a benefit to the Hurricane effort. It would be wonderful to see Bo back for this especially since he is from Alabama. I hope is in recovering quickly.

My sister-in-law is recovering from substantially similiar emergency surgery, the cause of which I will not reveal here, so as not to start rumors. Suffice it to say my thoughts and prayers are with Bo and his family. My SIL's recovery time is estimated to be 4 to 6 weeks, with pain lasting throughout, basically, and no expected weight gain (she had dropped a lot due to her condition and no solid foods for over a week) for the next month or so.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Ask & Ye Shall Receive. Go BO!!!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/150...headlines=true

Bo Bice Returning To 'Idol' Tour With Song Inspired By Katrina
    09.08.2005 7:40 PM EDT

Show's runner-up had been sidelined by emergency intestinal surgery.
    Bo Bice
    Photo: Getty Images
    Bo Bice, who has been absent from the American Idols Live Tour since having emergency intestinal surgery on August 18, will return for the final night, a just-added benefit show for victims of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.

At the show
    Sunday at the Oncenter in Syracuse, New York, Bo will debut a song he wrote after the hurricane struck called "We Can't Change This World."

"The chorus is 'We can't change this world/ If we can't change our minds,' " Bice said of the song, which, like Kanye West's recent controversial remarks, questions whether the nation's delayed response to the tragedy correlates with the race of the majority of the victims (see "T.I., David Banner Get Behind Kanye's Bush Comments"). "The only way to curb discrimination and belligerent ignorance is to educate, and the way to educate is to go down there and identify. When you pick up an old black man out of a mud pile, then it's not just something on TV anymore."

Bice is planning a trip to Louisiana later this month and is also launching a Web site (BoBiceRelief.com) to raise funds for disaster relief as well as other causes such as AIDS research and Farm Aid, whose annual concert he'll perform at on September 18.

In the meantime, the "Idol" runner-up has taken a family of five from Grand Isle, Louisiana, in to the home he recently moved out of in Helena, Alabama. (He now lives in Nashville.)

"We're going to get that house furnished and check their kids into school," Bo said. "I don't know them, but I know they need help. They're human beings. That's the smallest thing I can do is let my empty house go to them."

Bo and his band Sugar Money have recorded "We Can't Change This World," as well as a B-side called "Changing for the Better," which he hopes to release soon. Although doctors ordered him to six to eight weeks of bed rest, Bo believes he has the strength to visit Louisiana.

"The biggest thing we can do is go down there and help out," he said. "This is our chance to shine, to do something with life."

As for his own health, Bo revealed that he first fell ill on August 14 and checked into a hospital in Norman, Oklahoma, after vomiting for 15 hours. He was released the following day and played shows in Glendale, Arizona, and Los Angeles before the vomiting returned August 18 in Las Vegas.

Bo went to Desert Springs Hospital and was diagnosed with a blockage in his intestines and ordered into surgery (see "Bo Bice Has Emergency Surgery, Misses 'Idol' Tour Dates").

"They laid all my guts out on a table and cleaned them out and sewed me back up," Bo said. "They cut me from ass to elbow."

Doctors ordered Bo to rest to recover from the surgery, as well as properly heal from the July 31 incident in which he broke his foot onstage while performing in Manchester, New Hampshire (see "Bo Bice Breaks Foot Onstage, Finishes Concert").

"I'm really upset about [missing tour dates]," Bo said. "I feel like I let everybody down. Obviously there's nothing I can do about this particular situation. If it were up to me, I would be out there tomorrow, but the docs won't let me. I'm depressed about it, but hopefully true fans will come out and see me later."

Bo had extreme stomach pains when he was 21 and believed he had ulcers, but he never had it properly checked out. "So this is something that's probably been bugging me for six to eight years," the 29-year-old said.

During his week in the hospital, Bo was bombarded with messages and gifts, which he said helped him through recovery.

"I had a jungle in my hospital room with all the flowers," he said. "My mom bought 20 other vases and she was up all night long [the last night], breaking them down and making new arrangements. We passed them out to the children and elderly in the hospital, so everybody who sent me flowers, they went on to make somebody else's day better."

Tickets for Sunday's American Idols Live Tour benefit are still available, with all of the proceeds going to the American Red Cross.

For more on Bo Bice, check out the feature "Bo Bice: Live On The Sunset Strip," and for a backstage look at the tour, check out "On The Road Again With 'Idol.' "

Get "Idol"-ized on MTV News' "American Idol" page, where you'll find all the latest news, interviews and opinions.

To find out what you can do to help provide relief to victims of Katrina, head to think MTV's hurricane relief page.

Thank God Bo's feeling better.

I hope he's not injuring himself by trying to do too much too early. This was a serious health problem that usually requires 4 to 6 weeks for proper recovery. It's only been three since the surgery.

I also hope he isn't injuring the health of his career by being too political too early. It's usually a good idea to become well established as an artist before going after the big dogs.

By the same token this is why we love Bo. He lives from the heart. He is truly genuine.

Keep 'keepin' on' buddy.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 09-09-2005 at 10:17 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I hope Bo never changes the way he is RIGHT now....he is a true southern gentleman....makes me proud to be from the South!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    I hope Bo never changes the way he is RIGHT now....he is a true southern gentleman....makes me proud to be from the South!!!
    He makes me proud to be a Human Being! He is, and always will be, my American Idol.

Thanks for posting that, razorbacker.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Dont know if its been posted yet.. I looked in all the normal places:

LOS ANGELES (AP) - It's a baby boy for "American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice and his wife, People magazine reported Monday. Aiden Bice was born Saturday. Other details weren't immediately available.

Bice, 29, and his wife, Caroline Fisher, have been together two years and were married in Alabama in June.

He finished second on last season's "Idol" behind Oklahoma native Carrie Underwood
    http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8CSAFMG0.html

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    It's a baby boy for "American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice...
    WOW! I don't even remember reading that she Caroline was pregnant. Congratulations Bo!

+ Reply to Thread