+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Bo Bice Has Emergency Surgery
    Mon Aug 22, 6:38 PM ET

He may not wanna be, but Bo Bice has been sidelined.

After missing Thursday's concert on the American Idols Live! tour, the long-haired crooner underwent emergency surgery in Las Vegas on Friday to remove a blockage in his intestines.

Fans were disappointed when Bice failed to take the stage at Vegas' Thomas & Mack Arena last week and started up a "We want Bo!" chant, which eventually prompted season four Idol winner Carrie Underwood to announce that the singer had been hospitalized.

According to a posting on the Website for his band, Sugarmoney, the operation was successful, though Bice reportedly must return home to rest for a minimum of six weeks, which would mean that he would not be returning to the Idols Live! tour.

The American Idol runner-up's grandmother, "Granny Madge" Schofield, told the Decatur Daily News that Bice "has had ulcers most of his life" and is also prone to food poisoning.

"But his problem now doesn't have anything to do with either," Schofield said.

Bice's actual diagnosis remains unclear--to both his public and to his Granny Madge.

"I don't know the diagnosis. But I'll tell you what I do know. If prayer works, Bo will be all right," Schofield said.

It's been a rough summer for the Alabama rocker. Earlier this month, he broke his foot during a show in Manchester, New Hampshire, but vowed to continue performing.

"There's no keeping me from the tour," Bice told People magazine at the time.

Then, last week in Los Angeles, Bice's half-brother, John Cohran, and his pregnant wife were hospitalized after their car slid into an 18-wheeler on their way home from an Idols Live! show. Both have since been released, per the Decatur Daily News.

Bice's mother, Nancy Downes, was previously scheduled to go visit Cohran in Los Angeles Monday, but changed her plans late last week after learning that Bice would need emergency treatment and flew to his side instead.

Since undergoing surgery, Bice has missed two shows in California. As of Monday afternoon, there was no official statement from the promoters of the Idols Live! tour regarding the singer's health.
    http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...476108000.html

Can this man not catch a break? (bad play on words not intended)

Bad timing! Our tickets are for tomorrow night! Grrrrr.
    Anyway, I hope his recovery goes well.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Well, at least we're finally getting a little information. (No thanks to 19E or RCA.)

From the Decatur Daily:
    Bice off music circuit for up to 2 months
    By Ronnie Thomas
    DAILY Staff Writer

Bo Bice's musical career is on hold.

His mother, Nancy Downes, speaking Tuesday from the singer's room at Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center in Las Vegas, said Bice's doctor told him to expect a six- to eight-week recovery. She does not know when doctors might release him.
    Doctors performed emergency stomach surgery Friday night. The tour had stopped in Las Vegas for a Thursday night show, which Bice missed because of the illness.

"Bo has really missed all his 'Idol' friends," Downes said. "Some have called and they stay in contact, as often as they can. Bo is just going to be happy to get back out and start to work."
    “Actually, everyone on staff here has been wonderful and treated him superbly. And I think his medical care has been truly outstanding,” she said. She said flowers and cards have come from all parts of the country, from California to Alabama.

“We’d like to thank the fans, friends and family for all their support and prayers. Today, Bo is still in pain from the surgery but he is improving,” she said.

Fans can drop Bice a card at Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center, 2075 E. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89119.

Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound
    Can this man not catch a break? (bad play on words not intended)
    Not to be argumentative because no one wants to see these kinds of things happen to anybody, but, in the larger scheme of things maybe Bo did catch a break here. 9 months to a year ago if this had happened while he was working in the guitar store & before his Idol experience, Bo may not have had the insurance necessary to cover something like this. But, since he was on tour when it happened, he was taken to the hospital & everything was taken care of for him. Now he has an opportunity to recover without going to the poor house. God speed Bo. Hurry back & finish your album. Your fans are looking forward to it.

I was very fortunate to see him last Wednesday at the Staples Center. The Idol Tour isn't the same without him. He was simply amazing. Get well soon, Bo.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    I was very fortunate to see him last Wednesday at the Staples Center. The Idol Tour isn't the same without him. He was simply amazing. Get well soon, Bo.
    Oh sure.... rub it in.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Definitely it was not the same. Things were disjointed and thrown together a week after the fact, in Portland. I was disappointed in the way the concert went.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Bo at Staples Center

I saw Bo at the Staples Center in LA in his last performance on the tour before his surgery. He was very very good, a great performer and entertainer. He was much better than what we saw on the AI show. He is going to have a long career.
    Last edited by Leo; 09-02-2005 at 04:11 AM.

Okay, runner-up, let’s have a look at your self-portrait.

I drew a picture of me giving my Much Love sign, because I’m all about passing the love along. And then my goofy, smiling face right there in the middle.

That is a pretty goofy smile.

You’ve seen a Picasso, right? That’s more like a pick-asshole. I’ll sell it to you for 50 bucks.

Anything more than $5 would be a ripoff.

I’ll wait and sell it on eBay. You know, my first CD with my band Purge sold for $750 bucks on eBay. That’s ridiculously stupid.

Before this year, what was the most amount of money you’d made in a year?

I made around $20,000 a year managing a guitar store. After I got fired, I was mainly doing free gigs for churches. And a lot of people don’t know this, but when you sign up for American Idol, they pretty much own you. The whole time I was on the show, I was living off $220 a week.

What’s the secret to living cheap?

Ramen noodles and baloney is good. Make a fried baloney sandwich, mustard on one side of the bread and mayonnaise on the other, add some cheese, then a little cup of ramen. It’s a good meal, man.

What’s your favorite curse word, and please use it in a sentence.

“You can kiss my ass, Fedorov!” I’m a prankster, and while we were on American Idol, Anthony Fedorov was my roommate. I cellophaned his toilet seat on his birthday. He didn’t say anything—I figured he must have gotten it all over the walls and was too humiliated to tell anybody. Now he’ll call and say “You can kiss my ass, Bice!” So ass is my cuss word, unless you make me really mad.

Who was the last person you punched?

I’m a pretty laid-back cat. But I used to be a real hothead. We were a rough and tumble bunch back when I was with Purge. We’d be onstage fighting, then somebody from the audience would break it up—and we’d get into a fight with him. We were a partying band. Drugs, alcohol and ego: It just wasn’t a good mix.

What was your drug?

I dabbled in cocaine, but my drug was always marijuana. And I don’t see anything wrong with it. But five years ago, being on the Idol probably would have been more of a curse than a blessing. Five years ago, my nose wasn’t smelling flowers, if you know what I’m saying.

If you were a woman, who would you want to be?

I’d want to be Brooke Burke, so I could stand and look at myself in the mirror all day long. I love the female body, but I’ve got a beautiful wife. And I’m a good dog; as long as you keep petting me, I’ll stay on the porch.

What does “Bo-licious” mean?

I have absolutely no idea, dude. There’s a sign hanging up in my hometown, Helena, Alabama, that says “A star is Bo-orn.” It’s un-Bo-lievable.

Actually, these puns seem a little Bo-ring.

Oh man, that was good. Don’t let that one get out. I’ll need it when my 15 minutes are up.

Did the north win the Civil War fair and square?

It was a tie! Man, it cracks me up there is still this stigma about the South, that we’re all racist, barefoot rednecks that date our sisters. Ignorance is the biggest enemy, and education is our biggest ally, in this battle we’re fighting daily to become a united race on this earth.

Sure. But just for the record, did you ever date your sister?

Never. But I am missing teeth.

+ Reply to Thread