+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Maybe if they start to push Vehicle it will do well.
    Until last night Vehicle wasn't even available on itunes.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Just downloaded and listened to Bo's version of Vehicle. With the exception of the guitar solo it's better than the original. Not usually the case with cover songs. :-D

Still, my favorite so far is 'I don't Want to Be'.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 07-01-2005 at 06:51 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    Until last night Vehicle wasn't even available on itunes.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Just downloaded and listened to Bo's version of Vehicle. With the exception of the guitar solo it's better than the original. Not usually the case with cover songs. :-D

Still, my favorite so far is 'I don't Want to Be'.
    You mention your Bo favorite & many people are disappointed that Carrie didn't release Angels Brought Me Here, but maybe we will get both once the albums come out. I haven't heard Vehicle, what's wrong with the Guitar Solo?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    You mention your Bo favorite & many people are disappointed that Carrie didn't release Angels Brought Me Here, but maybe we will get both once the albums come out. I haven't heard Vehicle, what's wrong with the Guitar Solo?
    I wasn't a fan of 'Angles', but I'd have downloaded her version of 'Broken Road' in a second. Iím not much of a fan of the Rascal Flats version. The guy's voice is a bit whiny for me, but the lyrics and melody are fantastic.

As to the guitar solo in Bo's 'Vehicle', I'm operating purely off of memory. I don't have the original by Ides of March version, but I recall the original guitar solo bridge was better. Just a personal taste thing.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Actually downloaded (my first) American Idol alum single ever - Bo Bice's "Vehicle". He sounds so old school - LOVE it. There - I've admitted it.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Bo Bice Alert!!!!

Just a reminder that Bo will be appearing on Jay Leno tonight. Richie Sambora will accompany Bo on "Vehicle" Sooooooooo excited!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl
    Just a reminder that Bo will be appearing on Jay Leno tonight. Richie Sambora will accompany Bo on "Vehicle" Sooooooooo excited!
    Oh I loved him......and make sure you go to nbc.com/tonight show to see an after show performance...........! http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Toyota_Summer_Concert_Series/

Countdown to next Friday when I see Bo in Birmingham!!!!! WOO HOO!!!
    Last edited by bbnbama; 07-07-2005 at 12:43 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I just watched Boís performance on Leno. (Thanks to the TiVo gods) THAT WAS FANTASTIC!!! It was electric. (and having Richie Sambora there didnít hurt.) I voted for Bo instead of the other Idol contestants because I felt he was capable of performances like that. Iím looking forward to Boís solo concert tour to see more.

Regarding an earlier postÖ THAT was a guitar solo that was either as good as or better than the original.

Lastly, the only thing that marred the performance for me was the absence of my favorite backup singer. I was sorry to see they replaced that gorgeous redhead with a guy. Oh Well, Iíll hope it is just a temporary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    Oh I loved him......and make sure you go to nbc.com/tonight show to see an after show performance...........! http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Toyota_Summer_Concert_Series/

Countdown to next Friday when I see Bo in Birmingham!!!!! WOO HOO!!!
    Thanks for the video clip. I enjoyed Bo's performance of Gavin DeGraw's "I Don't Want to Be" song a great deal. By the way, DeGraw's CD "Chariot" is awesome. Check out the guy Bo was smart enough to cover: http://www.gavindegraw.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma24601
    The Yahoo press release about Bo's single is up:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050630/nyth160.html?.v=12

Whereas last week's press release rounded up the combined totals of Carrie's physical sales and digital downloads, this article only mentions Bo's physical sales.

Being a fan of both Carrie and Bo (especially Carrie), I'm surprised that Bo didn't even sell as many copies as Carrie did but relieved he didn't sell more than her. Using the sales figures posted earlier it can be estimated that the combination of digital downloads and physical copies of Bo's single total to 120,000 with a difference of approximately 50,000 copies between the first week sales of Bo and Carrie. That's only about one-third of the difference between the first week single sales of Clay and Ruben, and the smallest difference between the first week single sales of a given year's American Idol winner and runner-up. So don't count Bo out yet!
    There are several reasons why Bo sold fewer copies of his single than Carrie did of hers and why both of them sold less than Clay, Ruben, Kelly, and Fantasia.

First, they both had the same song as the A-side of their single. That surely suppressed sales of both CDs to some extent. Directly, of course, and indirectly by splitting the potential airplay for Inside Your Heaven and thus the CD sales that airplay would generate. (Kelly had no single from Justin to compete with. Clay and Ruben's singles did not have a song in common. And Fantasia and Diana each had 2 non-shared songs on their singles in addition to "I Believe.")

Second, the novelty is wearing off AI itself. You can't really expect each new season to keep generating the buzz and excitement of the first 2 seasons just by virtue of the show's own appeal. In season 1, the show was new and exciting. In season 2, the prominance of Clay and Ruben and the close competition between them generated a lot of buzz -- and sales. The show's been kind of losing steam since then, even if it still is one of the most popular shows on TV. What I'm saying is that I think as time goes by the AI alumni will have to rely more and more on their own talent and appeal for sales and will get less and less of a boost from the TV viewers' interest in AI as a show.

Third, this is the first season when RMG held off on going for radio airplay "adds" till a couple weeks after the release of the winner's single. They didn't do that for Carrie (per Billboard Radio Monitor) till July 4 -- almost 3 weeks after her single was released. That's why she's hardly made a blip on the Billboard airplay-only charts.

But while Bo's single was released one week after Carrie's -- another main factor explaining why her version of IYH outsold Bo's -- RMG did not go for adds for radio airplay this week, as had been previously reported. I.e., as of this week, RCA has still not actively promoted any of Bo's songs for radio ariplay.

I don't know what 19/RMG's game is, but it doesn't seem to be helping Carrie -- much less, Bo -- do well on the charts.

And, oh, yeah -- fourth, just as RCA overproduced Clay's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Measure Of A Man" and took out a lot of the special character of his voice, and just as Kim Locke's record company produced her singles in a way that masks the distinctiveness of her voice, RCA (IMO) overproduced Bo's "IYH" -- a song that wasn't his best genre in the first place -- and the recorded single doesn't showcase the voice that even Simon thought was so great.

Fifth, because IYH is the "A-side," Bo's kind of competing with himself (much the way that Clay was when "Solitaire" was designated the A-side of his 2nd single, even though "The Way" had already broken into some Billboard airplay charts). "Vehicle" is probably going to get more airplay requests from fans, but "Inside Your Heaven" is the only side that will have singles sales counted towards its Hot 100 or Pop 100 position.

In summary, let's just say 19E/RMG clearly doesn't want Bo to compete with Carrie on an even playing field when it comes to sales and charts. :rolleyes
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ß;-D

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella
    First, they both had the same song as the A-side of their single.

Second, the novelty is wearing off AI itself.

Third, this is the first season when RMG held off on going for radio airplay "adds" till a couple weeks after the release of the winner's single.

But while Bo's single was released one week after Carrie's -- another main factor explaining why her version of IYH outsold Bo's -- RMG did not go for adds for radio airplay this week, as had been previously reported. I.e., as of this week, RCA has still not actively promoted any of Bo's songs for radio ariplay.

I don't know what 19/RMG's game is, but it doesn't seem to be helping Carrie -- much less, Bo -- do well on the charts.

In summary, let's just say 19E/RMG clearly doesn't want Bo to compete with Carrie on an even playing field when it comes to sales and charts. :rolleyes
    another thing is that who on earth buys singles nowadays. i think many are waiting for both of their full albums - or to hear or find out what direction they're going to go with. carrie with her country which she publicly has been saying over and over again and bo with his country rock with some poppy rock like degraws music which he says over and over again. we will see what direction 19E and their record companies go with this fall.

i have a feeling that 19E and others are taking their time with the 2. both are completely different from past contestants. one country and one souther rocker. hopefully they are playing their cards right with both because i feel these 2 are going to be long lasting musicians in their respective genres.

+ Reply to Thread