+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    Carries IYH was indeed released through itunes & held the #1 spot for 5 days. Then, for some reason it was gone.
    Unfortunately, Bo's 'Vehicle' still isn't available on iTunes.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I saw these sales figures for Bo's single on another message board (the source of the figures was not specified, but the way they're titled as far as Hot Single Sales, etc., I'm pretty sure they're from Billboard):

Bo's first-week sales:
    Physical single sales: 105,955 (#1 on the Hot Single Sales chart)
    Digital downloads: 13,256 (#25 on the Hot Digital Songs chart)

ETA: According to this, Bo and Caroline did get married (scroll down a little from the top of the page):

http://www.voiceofalabama.com/
    Last edited by clay crazy; 06-29-2005 at 03:23 PM.

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    Here's the beginning part of an article with the numbers for Bo's first week sales and Carrie's second week sales:
    Coldplay, Bo Bice Rule Charts
    by David Jenison
    Jun 29, 2005, 12:05 PM PT

Coldplay still owns the summer's most sizzling album. And Carrie Underwood still owns Bo Bice.

After going selling more than 1 million copies in its first two weeks, Coldplay's X&Y pulled the trifecta, holding on to the top slot on the Billboard 200 for the third straight week. The disc sold 186,000 for the week ended Sunday, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Meanwhile, over on the singles chart, the American Idol-spawned "Inside Your Heaven" was tops for a second straight week. But this time, it was runner-up Bice's rendition that outsold all comers, moving 106,000. While Underwood's version slipped to second with 71,000 copies, she did sell more first-week copies (130,000) than her former TV rival. Bice and Underwood will go at it again on the album charts this fall, when their solo albums are due to drop.
    http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,16845,00.html
    Last edited by Akuma24601; 06-29-2005 at 03:55 PM.
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Bo's a married man

Don't know if this is old news, as I've been out of the country, but the local FOX station reported tonight that Bo and Caroline got married on 15 June.

bo is #2 on the billboard hot 100 chart..

http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hot100.jsp

i hope he can up to number 1!!

Katharine McPhee fan Akuma24601's Avatar
    The Yahoo press release about Bo's single is up:
    Bo Bice Makes Chart History With First Single; 'Inside Your Heaven' / 'Vehicle' Debuts at No. 1
    Thursday June 30, 3:56 pm ET
    Rock Singer from Birmingham, Alabama, Tops Billboard Chart 50 Years to the Day That First Rock and Roll Single Went to No. 1
    Bice Will Perform 'Vehicle' With Richie Sambora On NBC-TV's 'The Tonight Show' July 6

LOS ANGELES, June 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Bo Bice, the popular runner-up of the fourth season of "American Idol," from Birmingham, Alabama, makes chart history this week as his first single, the double-A sided "Inside Your Heaven" / "Vehicle," debuts at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Singles Sales chart dated July 9, 2005. Bice's triumph comes 50 years to the day after the very first rock and roll single went to No. 1 in Billboard. "(We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock" by Bill Haley and His Comets went to No. 1 on July 9, 1955, on the Best Sellers in Stores chart, kicking off what music historians have called "the rock era."

19 Recording / RCA Records recording artist Bice rewrites the chart history books as his "Inside Your Heaven" replaces Carrie Underwood's "Inside Your Heaven" at No. 1. It's the first time in the history of the sales chart that the same song, recorded by a different artist, succeeds itself at the top of the chart. Bice is the sixth "American Idol" contestant to top the sales chart, following Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Fantasia, Diana DeGarmo and Underwood.

Bice's debut at No. 1 was fueled by incredibly strong sales, including a No. 1 ranking at the Amazon website. With 106,000 copies sold, Bice's debut instantly becomes the second best-selling retail single of 2005. In addition to topping Hot Singles Sales, Bice's "Inside Your Heaven" is also No. 1 on Billboard's Pop 100. On the Hot 100, "Inside Your Heaven" debuts at No. 2. It is the second-highest debuting single of 2005.

"Inside Your Heaven" was written by Andreas Carlsson, Pelle Nylen and Savan Kotecha. "Vehicle" is a 1970 remake from by the Ides of March, and features Bon Jovi's Richie Sambora on guitar. Bice will perform "Vehicle" with Sambora on NBC-TV's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Wednesday, July 6. "Vehicle" was written by Jim Peterik. Both sides of Bice's single were produced by Desmond Child.

Source: RCA Records
    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050630/nyth160.html?.v=12

Whereas last week's press release rounded up the combined totals of Carrie's physical sales and digital downloads, this article only mentions Bo's physical sales.

Being a fan of both Carrie and Bo (especially Carrie), I'm surprised that Bo didn't even sell as many copies as Carrie did but relieved he didn't sell more than her. Using the sales figures posted earlier it can be estimated that the combination of digital downloads and physical copies of Bo's single total to 120,000 with a difference of approximately 50,000 copies between the first week sales of Bo and Carrie. That's only about one-third of the difference between the first week single sales of Clay and Ruben, and the smallest difference between the first week single sales of a given year's American Idol winner and runner-up. So don't count Bo out yet!
    03/28/06: The Day That AD Died "TV is not as good as it used to be." - Maeby Funke

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain
    Don't know if this is old news, as I've been out of the country, but the local FOX station reported tonight that Bo and Caroline got married on 15 June.
    I hadn't heard that until today, bama.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/16855;_yl...RrBHNlYwM3NjI-
    A new bride and a number one single? Second place ain't half bad for Bo Bice.

The American Idol runner-up tied the knot June 15 with longtime girlfriend Caroline Fisher in their hometown of Helena, Alabama. The newlywed news was confirmed Thursday by Roger Widynowski, publicist for Bice's label, RCA Records.

The swapped vows in an intimate ceremony at the New Hope Presbyterian Church with just immediate family present, says Widynowski.

The duo managed to keep the ceremony as hush-hush as possible. Their hometown paper, the Shelby County Register, just got around to announcing the duo's engagement this week. Perhaps it was Bice taking out the marriage certificate under his legal name, Harold Elwin Bice Jr., that helped keep the nuptials under the radar.

Meanwhile, the bride's mother, Wanda Sue Fisher, is denying a March report in Star Magazine that her daughter is pregnant.

Bice, 29, met Fisher, 24, two years ago in his prefame days as a guitar store clerk. He became a regular at the Hoover, Alabama, restaurant where Fisher waited tables.

Per People, the couple already share a two-bedroom home with menagerie of pets, including three dogs, three cats and two turtles.

News of Bo's wedding comes a day after his first single, "Inside Your Heaven"/"Vehicle," opened at number one on the singles charts. Bice's rocking rendition knocked Idol winner Carrie Underwood's version of the same song down to number two.

The Bices have a few weeks to honeymoon before he is due to hit the road with his fellow finalists on the eight-week American Idols Live Tour, which kicks off July 12 in Sunrise, Florida. In between dates, Bice will continue to work with Clive Davis on a debut solo album, which is slated to drop this fall.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Congrats to Bo and Caroline! A toast to a long and happy life together....

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuma24601
    Being a fan of both Carrie and Bo (especially Carrie), I'm surprised that Bo didn't even sell as many copies as Carrie did
    I'm not all that surprised. I'm a pretty solid Bo fan and I haven't gone out to buy the single yet. 'Inside Your Heaven' is really more Carrie's song.

I'm more likely to wait for the full CD to come out.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    I'm not all that surprised. I'm a pretty solid Bo fan and I haven't gone out to buy the single yet. 'Inside Your Heaven' is really more Carrie's song.

I'm more likely to wait for the full CD to come out.
    I'm not surprised either. I like them both & hope they both do well, but I think people have greatly under estimated Carries appeal across many different segments. She is doing well with Country, Pop, Adult Contemporary & is even #1 in Canada. Bo will do well but I agree IYH is more Carries song & it is going to take more of a rock edge to get Bo where he needs to be. Maybe if they start to push Vehicle it will do well.

+ Reply to Thread