+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    welcome to fort BSMN. Thanks for the recap of Bo. Make sure to get posting. You'll have a ball and get to meet some truly great people
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    OK, this is crazy...

I'm downloading Bo's single from iTunes right now. Problem is they only have Inside Your Heaven available. Now I admit I hated that song when I heard it on the finale show, but since then Carrie and Bo have warmed me up to the song. I actually like it now, particularly Boís version.

What I donít understand is why they released Boís version of IYH on iTunes before they released Carrieís version? I thought this was the Ďwinnersí song. Instead they released Carrieís Independence Day without IYH and IYH for Bo without Vehicle.

Another thing that baffles me is why Carrie canít seem to match or beat Bo in Amazon.com sales figures. Itís not like sheís lacking in exposure. Sheís everywhere. And at iTunes her single plummeted from #1 yesterday to # 70 today in the top 100 downloads. Is this another case of American Idol runner-up out performing the winner syndrome?
    First let me address the itunes issue. Carries IYH was indeed released through itunes & held the #1 spot for 5 days. Then, for some reason it was gone. Thanks to a lot of Carrie fans & numerous emails to itunes the problem was fixed & the song has once again appeared & has fallen all the way to GASP #3. http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/charts/

Now before anyone reads into this anything that they shouldn't please accept the fact that from the beginning of this competiton I said all along that there were 2 people that had a shot at stardom & that was Bo & Carrie. I felt that way then & I feel that way now.

So onto the point of this missive. (Steps on sopabox, clears throat & begins) Folks the competition between these two obviously very talented yet completely diverse talents ended a few weeks ago. Bo & Carrie are both winners, they got an enormous amount of exposure, opened the eyes & ears of some of the industries heavyweights, & both got recording contracts.. The only difference between them is one got a title & the other didn't & as to that the one that didn't said he was glad of it & most of you have agreed with him. Bo's first single was released yesterday & his first album will be out in the fall & from all indications will be well received. Carrie has been really well received with the Nashville crowd & the rumor is her first album will be produced by Nashville people & aimed at the Country audience. (For any further other info please see the Carrie thread. This is a big industry & there is plenty of room for both of them. It really shouldn't have to come down to one or the other. Afterall, the 60's gave us both the Beatles & the Stones. In the 70's we were introduced to Elton John & The Eagles. The 80's had Madonna & Michael Jackson & the 90' had both Maria Carey & Janet Jackson as the two most popular. Now that it is 2005 I think we should make room for both Bo Bice & Carrie Underwood. Stand back & appreciate all the entertainment they provided during the show & wish them well with what promises to be very good careers. ( Steps off of soap box & ducks behind the bullet proof glass in preparation of flying debris.)

Peace, Razorbacker

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    First let me address the itunes issue.
    Actually, I thought Bell did a great job of addressing the discrepancy in sales in an earlier post.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Very nice post razorbacker.

Thanks razorbacker, for explaining the Carrie thing. I wonder why she was missing from the chart.
    Now that everyone has seen The View, I am going to mention something Bo said that I thought was funny. They were talking about the new contraceptive pill for men. He said that he would NOT be in the line for those. The women kept asking him why and he just kept stammering and I think he finally indicated that he was afraid it might affect his "performance". At least, that was what I thought he said. I couldn't hear him real well. He looked embarrassed and I'll bet he was wishing he'd never commented. Those women don't let up when they get something going.

FORT Fanatic
    im just curious. for bo fans - since his single has 2 "new" songs unlike carrie which have 1 new song and a "recycled" one - would you guys still buy one or buy numerous copies of his single cd if his one was like carrie's. if it had IYH and don't wanna be instead of vehicle.

curious bc i know that majority of bo's fans are adults. would you guys spend your money on it. its going for almost $3-4 right. small change but if your money conscious like me (28, paying off credit card bills, paying off college debt, rent/utilities, etc trying to live a life) i would rather DL it and pay 99 cents instead of purchasing the cd single.

im like razorback - bo & carrie. more of a carrie fan but became a bo fan after whipping post. and proud of the 2. but didn't nor will i buy carrie's single. but i'll buy bo's cause it's different songs. but i will buy carrie's full album when it's out...even though i'm pretty sure IYH and ID (again) will be on it. hmm...now that i'm thinking about it...i'm getting sick and tired of hearing ID and vehicle. oh well...

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bell
    i would rather DL it and pay 99 cents instead of purchasing the cd single.
    Like you Iím downloading the individual songs I like rather than purchasing singles or albums. With the advent of iTunes I rarely buy an album any more. In this case Iím downloading both of Boís tunes as well as ĎI Donít Wanna Beí, but neither of Carrieís. Iím not a fan of Independence Day and I donít see a reason to download two versions of IYH. Iíve growing to like the song, but not THAT much.

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    became a bo fan after whipping post.
    Same here. Before Boís performance of Whipping Post Carrie was my number one pick. However, each week after the Whipping Post performance Bo seemed to get better and better. I loved his versatility. I still love Carrie, but I must admit that Iím not a big Country music fan. I enjoy individual songs like the Rascal Flats song Carrie sang, but in general I donít listen to Country. By the same token if Bo goes all Southern Rock I probably wonít be buying a lot of his songs either. Iím hoping he stays eclectic. Iíd buy his versions of Stand By Me, For The Love Of Money, Iíll Be, Heaven, and even Sweet Home Alabama. But who knows? Only time will tell.

One last observation... I noticed that iTunes has Carrie's version of IYH listed in the POP genre and Bo's version in the rock genre. Interesting.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 06-23-2005 at 03:48 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fanatic
    I loved his versatility. I still love Carrie, but I must admit that Iím not a big Country music fan. I enjoy individual songs like the Rascal Flats song Carrie sang, but in general I donít listen to Country. By the same token if Bo goes all Southern Rock I probably wonít be buying a lot of his songs either. Iím hoping he stays eclectic. Iíd buy his versions of Stand By Me, For The Love Of Money, Iíll Be, Heaven, and even Sweet Home Alabama. But who knows? Only time will tell.

this is a dilemna with many AI watchers. if the contestant they follow through out the show makes the same type of music they fell in love with them after the show (when they put out their cd).

many fell in love with carrie when she did the 80s rock style music like alone/battlefield/making love...and the same people didn't like her country singing except for broken road (she did a way better version than the rascal flatts...his voice is toooooo country and whiny). some of her fans said if she puts out a country cd the they won't buy it at all unless there will be some type of pop/rock music like alone. but she has stated she's country and that's where her heart is so most likely she'll put out country music unless 19E tells her to put some pop/rock to help sales out for them.

as for bo - he's southern rock (or i'd like to call him rock country). i forgot what interview it was but he said it'll be more southern rock but he'll include some poppy rock type of music (like degraw's don't wanna be type of song, or los lonely boys heaven).

this will be the first time i'll purchase an american idol contestant full cd when it comes out in the fall - both bo and carrie. i think both will be worth it no matter what type of music they make because they both make good music.

but finally i won't see carrie's scared look/dead eyes while i listen to her nor will i see bo's body twitching and head tilting.

Richie Sambora? hope that is right, played guitar on Bo's first single, it has been rumored that Bo has been in the studio with Carlos Santana, & supposedly Nickelback is helping to write a song for his first album. I also wouldn't be surprised to see his Skynyrd buddies lending some support. So I think Bo will do just fine with the Southern Rock thing. My only reservation is the continued inclusion of Clive Davis as producer & his comments about them making a Pop/Rock album. Carrie on the other hand is being wooed by the Nashville crowd & there has been no recent mention of Clive Davis being involved with her album. I think it would be a very positive thing for her to be given over to a Country/Pop producer & let her stay with what she loves. I am truly amazed by the amount of people I continue to hear & read that say they didn't like or even listen to Country before they heard Carrie sing it. I think this one of the reasons she was so well received in Nashville. She has opened up the genre to many folks who had never listened before. Both of these young uns have extremely bright futures.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    So onto the point of this missive. (Steps on sopabox, clears throat & begins) Folks the competition between these two obviously very talented yet completely diverse talents ended a few weeks ago. Bo & Carrie are both winners, they got an enormous amount of exposure, opened the eyes & ears of some of the industries heavyweights, & both got recording contracts.. The only difference between them is one got a title & the other didn't & as to that the one that didn't said he was glad of it & most of you have agreed with him. Bo's first single was released yesterday & his first album will be out in the fall & from all indications will be well received. Carrie has been really well received with the Nashville crowd & the rumor is her first album will be produced by Nashville people & aimed at the Country audience. (For any further other info please see the Carrie thread. This is a big industry & there is plenty of room for both of them. It really shouldn't have to come down to one or the other. Afterall, the 60's gave us both the Beatles & the Stones. In the 70's we were introduced to Elton John & The Eagles. The 80's had Madonna & Michael Jackson & the 90' had both Maria Carey & Janet Jackson as the two most popular. Now that it is 2005 I think we should make room for both Bo Bice & Carrie Underwood. Stand back & appreciate all the entertainment they provided during the show & wish them well with what promises to be very good careers. ( Steps off of soap box & ducks behind the bullet proof glass in preparation of flying debris.)
    razorbacker, what an excellent post. I am right along side of you with both of them are very talented and there is room for both of them. Let's just enjoy their music and keep them in the industry by buying their CD's, concert tickets, etc.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread