+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 194 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I honestly don't think that Constantine will outlast Bo. Maybe I'm giving the public too much credit; I guess we will find out soon enough.
    I could'nt agree more. I think when AI started this season there were a lot of Constantine fans but he has not been able to back himself up. Bo was more relatively unknown and has been coming in and nailing these great performances. I am definitely a Bo fan now after his past two weeks of performances. I will be really disappointed if he does not make top 12 and Constantine does!
    Go Bo!

Quote Originally Posted by porky pig
    I definitely am rooting for Bo (for the guys), I thought it'll be hard for him to top last week's performance but he did! I still don't think he'll win though, based on the audience voting, I think they'll still go for Constantine's look (which I don't get) than Bo's talents. It's the same here in the Philippines (they have some AI show rip offs here), people vote for no talents with good looks rather than great talents with so so looks.
    In the end, the AI winners in the States have all been talented but not the best looking. Bo has a great chance to win this competition--and he's pretty cute, anyway.

he's my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer4Clay
    Bo's performances have been very exciting, IMO. I love the "vintage rocker" thing -- the rough-edged, testosterone-driven "rock" voice supplies something that's been missing in AI.

While Bo doesn't seem to photograph well, he looks a lot better when talking or singing. I think he's better looking than Constantine, whose weak chin in profile grosses me out (picky, aren't I?).

His biographical material paints a picture of a wholesome guy, involved in his church, helping kids at summer camp, attending family reunions, etc.

A poll at (a website where you can download videos of the show) has Bo with 48% of the votes. I hope he does well with the AI voting audience.
    Hi Boomer! I'm with you on this one. Bo rocks. Literally. He sounds like a man instead of a boy and that's a good thing. I'm glad that AI raised the age on the competition so that we can see some singers with maturity - in both their voices and their performances.

And hey, "vintage rocker" is fine with me - I'm kinda vintage myself!

I think that last night if had Bo performed first they would have just ended the show & everyone could have gone home. In my opinion no one could have stayed on the stage with him. I was disappointed to read the spoilers thread & see that folks were saying they weren't familiar with the song & didn't like the way he was singing it. I guess it was Krom that said there was a generational conflict going on. For those of you to young to have lived through the Allman Bros. era I can only suggest you pick up one of their cd's & give them a listen. They were one of the truly great American Rock & Roll bands of all time, and Whipping Post is still one of the classic R&R anthems. You go Bo that was phenomenal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Wow, another great performance. ... Good for him. I'm on the Bo bandwagon.

Sadly, the cynic in me thinks he'll get booted by the legion of bubblegum-ballad teeny boppers.
    That's why, even though he clearly "won the night" for the judges and the live audience, I dialed my ass off* for him for almost 90 min, while I watched last night's show (on videotape). I don't expect him to be eliminated before the final 12, but you can never take it for granted that anyone's safe on AI.

*Until I discovered that I could dial faster if I used my fingers.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Great voice, yes. He will stay true to himself throughout the competition which is good. But no matter what he does, I won't like him. He isn't my cup of tea. I would never buy is album and I think that is what will hurt him. Nobody can deny his talent but not everybody likes his style of music.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Great voice, yes. He will stay true to himself throughout the competition which is good. But no matter what he does, I won't like him. He isn't my cup of tea. I would never buy is album and I think that is what will hurt him. Nobody can deny his talent but not everybody likes his style of music.
    So would his style be the Motown Rhythm & Blues of Drift Away or the Rock & Roll of the Allman Bros. Whipping Post. Two different styles, two different sounds, two different genres. Two awesome performances that had nothing in common other than the person singing them.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Yeah, I felt the same way about Fantasia, and she still won. Even though I don't like her voice, her style, or the kind of music that she sings, she won because she is very good at doing the type of music she does, and she seems authentic and sings from her heart. Even though she's not my thing, I can't deny that some of her performances are inspired (Summertime), and that's why she won.

Bo, similarly, is very good at the kind of music he's doing, and his performances are transcendental. The difference for me is that I like rock music a lot better than soul music. I think he'll go far, even though many may not like the kind of music he sings.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer4Clay
    Bo's performances have been very exciting, IMO. I love the "vintage rocker" thing -- the rough-edged, testosterone-driven "rock" voice supplies something that's been missing in AI.
    While Bo doesn't seem to photograph well, he looks a lot better when talking or singing. I think he's better looking than Constantine, whose weak chin in profile grosses me out (picky, aren't I?). ...

I was never a groupie, and it's way too late to start now, but if were one, it would've been Bo's door I'd've been hanging around after last night's performances, not Constantine's! Bo comes off as a nice, mild mannered, laid back guy - nice looking, but nothing to write home about - when he's just sitting around or being interviewed, but when he performs, he's absolutely transformed into a gorgeous, major stud, IMO!

Actually, I think both Bo and Constantine are much sexier than they are "handsome." (Travis and Joseph and Jared are as "good looking" if you just want to analyze faces.) Constantine has a rather weak chin, a bit of a double chin, and a rather plump face, and Bo's features are rather ordinary. But sex appeal comes from within, and they're pretty sexy as performers. I just think Bo's much more so.
    As for how he'll do on themes, does anyone else feel the contradiction of the judges lauding the contestants for "knowing who they are," and then AI asking them to perform genres that are unsuited to them? Yet Bo's friends and relatives say he will surprise us then.
    I have no doubt Bo can sing other genres very well, but I, too, don't trust the judges. During AI2 and AI3, they would criticize contestants for "always sounding the same," but if someone demonstrated excellence in singing "country" or "ballads," and then did a great job on a different-style song, they'd say things like, "I'm not sure you know who you really are, musically." :rolleyes If Bo comes out next week and does a fantastic power ballad or country song or something mellow, it won't surprise me at all if Simon (or Paula or Randy) kind of puts him down for "not being authentic."
    And besides, why should Bo or Constantine have to do Big Band music or Anthony or Scott have to do an excellent job on Latin music?
    His biographical material paints a picture of a wholesome guy, involved in his church, helping kids at summer camp, attending family reunions, etc.
    Yeah, he's very active in the music program at his church, has written, produced, and performed in Christian music programs, and worked with kids at a summer music camp.
    A poll at (a website where you can download videos of the show) has Bo with 48% of the votes. I hope he does well with the AI voting audience.
    There's another poll here
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7048326/ - Who impressed you the most on this Monday's "American Idol"
    Bo's at 44%. (And this one doesn't allow multiple voting - at least not easily. If you click the link for the poll and you've already voted, it takes you to the results, not the poll where you can vote.)
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

+ Reply to Thread