+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

'Idol' Runner-Up Bice Officially Signs Record Deal

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) It's not exactly a surprise, given that his first single will drop on Tuesday (June 21), but on Friday, 19 Recordings and RCA Records officially announced that "American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice has been brought into the fold.

In addition to announcing the signing, Clive Davis and Simon Fuller revealed that Bice's single, "Inside Your Heaven," will feature a cover of the Ides of March's "Vehicle" as a B-side. Plus, as an added bonus Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora joins Bice on "Vehicle."

Sambora's collaboration with the Alabama-based rocker may cause a rift in his household. Sambora's wife, Heather Locklear, appeared in the "Idol" audience and pledged her support for Constantine Maroulis.
    Bice, who has made public declarations that he was glad to lose the "Idol" crown to country chanteuse Carrie Underwood, is on the media warpath promoting his Desmond Child-produced single. He was on NBC's "The Today Show" on Monday, drops by ABC's "The View" on Wednesday and is booked for NBC's "The Tonight Show" for Wednesday, July 6. Bice will hit the road with the rest of the "Idol" Top 10 on July 12.
    http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...7C1%7C,00.html

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    OK, this is crazy...

I'm downloading Bo's single from iTunes right now. Problem is they only have Inside Your Heaven available. Now I admit I hated that song when I heard it on the finale show, but since then Carrie and Bo have warmed me up to the song. I actually like it now, particularly Bo’s version.

What I don’t understand is why they released Bo’s version of IYH on iTunes before they released Carrie’s version? I thought this was the ‘winners’ song. Instead they released Carrie’s Independence Day without IYH and IYH for Bo without Vehicle.
    i also warmed up to the song. for bo, i enjoyed his IYH performance than carrie that finale night because it sounded really different. contrary to what a lot of people say i really think this song was made more for a male singer and thats why i enjoyed bo with this song early on. im enjoying carrie's country/pop version of the song. when she first performed it it sounded to poppy...but now she's familiar with the song its starting to suit her country style which i enjoy. the main reasons why i enjoyed these 2 and was so happy both made it the finale was that theyre both different from past contestants.

Another thing that baffles me is why Carrie can’t seem to match or beat Bo in Amazon.com sales figures. It’s not like she’s lacking in exposure. She’s everywhere. And at iTunes her single plummeted from #1 yesterday to # 70 today in the top 100 downloads. Is this another case of American Idol runner-up out performing the winner syndrome?
    as for carrie sales. the main thing i can think of is that the producers/record company made a mistake in putting independence day as the Bside for this single. they should have had angels brought me here instead since ID is already on the showstopper cd. i heard/read many fans say they weren't going to buy/waste their money on a cd that cost about $4 for a song they already have on a full cd. many say they'll wait till fall for her full album. they want money...they shouldve had different songs- cause im one of the folks who wont buy the single...since i already have the showstopper cd. i dl'd IYH at musicmatch.

while bo will have 2 completely new songs - his IYH version and vehicle...not the song on the showstopper cd...i don't wanna be. it's a completely different set. he and the record company/show benifit from having 2 different songs.

as for plummeting. her week or 2 is over. pretty much everyone out there who wanted her single (download) already has it. i'm pretty sure bo will freefall also...maybe not as drastically as carrie but he'll fall since once all his fans get the song(s) it'll drop. unless you get some crazy ones who'll waste their money and DL as much as they want to help sales (not just bo fans but carrie's as well).

FORT Fanatic
    as for bo's "Please, God, don't let me win this thing." comment.

at first i was shocked. and then i thought back at his reactions, how he was on stage, other comments, etc. i really think he didn't expect to get this far and win this competition. we all know bo entered as a bet with his mother. if any of my non-pop/rb singing friends entered and made it the the next round, and the next, next, etc...i (we) will be shock. none would expect he/she will continue on. bo is different - he knows that, everyone knows that that's why many of us fell in love or just supported him. because he's the anti-AI model that we are use to.

i think the first 3 seasons were competition - where many of the finalists WANTED to win this thing. but i thought this season many went for exposure...and not necessarily win the whole thing but making it as far as they can. they may have entered thinking they WANT to be the next AI but once competition starts and see the other talents its pretty much just wanting to make it to the following week. carrie said that in an interview - once she found out she was in the final 24 - her goal was to make it into the top 10 so she can do the AI tour and after that take it week by week. bo does what bo does - perform. he did it week after week - but thought each time he might not have survive because he didn't think anyone would vote for him. surprise for him that a lot of people wanted something different from the past ai shows.

if he won the AI title...he wouldn't have said that comment above. what else was he suppose to say...well...he should have worded it differently (like what he said in the today show). everyone interprets things differently. with that comment you only get 2 interpretations - and those 2 are already out there in all the forum world - either you're insulted/angry or agree with him.

"People ask me, 'What were you thinking while you stood there waiting for them to announce the winner?'" Bice says in the issue of Rolling Stone magazine on newsstands Friday.
    if he said something like i can't believe i made it this far, didn't expect this to happen, or something to like that people wouldn't be up in arms (those who took it negatively) but bo's blunt...what you see is what you get. he regrets how he worded it but he knows he wouldn't be were he is now without the show.

sorry for rambling. but poor bo, he'll be co-hosting the view with bunch of middle-aged women and gossipping. i do hope he'll be singing more that talking with them. but again they gossip and can get a lot of tidbits out of bo about the show and fellow contestants.

Bo is on The View right now. He is funny as heck. When one of the women asked him if he's getting married he said that he isn't going to talk about it. "Just let the tabloids talk and talk". Smart move too. Why not take advantage of the free publicity?

Bo is performing Vehicle on the View He sounds so awesome and looks HOT
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Newbie
    I thought he sounded really good and held his own with the ladies-LOL. I had to force myself to sit through that show, but it was definately worth it.
    Oh, and thanks for the welcome

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra40
    I thought he sounded really good and held his own with the ladies-LOL. I had to force myself to sit through that show, but it was definately worth it.
    Oh, and thanks for the welcome
    The show hasn't aired on the West coast yet. Another 20 minutes here. Although I'm looking forward to seeing Bo, I dread having to listen to Star and Joy. Oh well, Bo's worth it.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Newbie
    I forgot about the west coast. Glad I didn't go into great detail and spoil it for ya!

Bo's VIW appearance

I just got done watching Bo's appearance on the VIEW. Although the sound quality and stage in the studio were a bit of a disappointment I felt Bo did a great job "co-hosting". He was, per usual, gracious and humorous and tossed in his two cents worth when they brought up the social issue i.e. funding of Public Radio.
    That boy is no dummy in a LOT of respects. It's nice to see good things happen to good people.

to the FORT, BSM.

Thanks for the TV report.

+ Reply to Thread