+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I think you're making way too much out of this statement.

For one thing, Bo does NOT say that he went into it "hoping & praying not to win". He says that as he was standing there waiting for them to announce the winner, he was thinking, "Please, God, don't let me win this thing." And I, for one, can't blame him for feeling that way, especially after AI made him sing crap like "Inside Your Heaven" only the night before.

Week in & week out, Bo gave his all and sang his heart out. His performances all season long can be seen as proof that he wanted to win just as much as anyone. And he delivered -- up to & including Finals Night, even though he was puking backstage between songs. But he also always realized that his world wouldn't come to an end if he didn't win and that "it was all good". (I honestly think that the other contestants probably feel much the same way.)

And then, standing on that final precipice, he felt some fear, trepidation and concern about the result -- as would most of us when being confronted with such a momentous, life-changing event. There's a reason why people say: "Be careful what you wish for."

So, it's much ado about nothing, imo. It just shows that Bo is human after all. Which we kinda knew all along, didn't we?

I have to agree with LAGuy here. I think we are reading too much into it. He put his all into it. I'm sure he is a little disappointed he didn't win, but when he looks at how some of the others (CLAY) has made out coming in 2nd, he feels better about it. He gave it his all each week, BUT wouldn't let them change who he was or compromise anything about him.

Anyway, Bo sang 2 songs on the Today show. The first was Inside Your Heaven. I personally like that song. He did great with it and looked awesome. He had leather pants on He really worked the stage and the audience was so into him. I'm not sure what the second song was, but it was really good too.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I disagree. It isn't a matter of what we're reading into it, it's a matter of what he said. He said that he " never wanted the Idol crown to tarnish his Southern rock rep". And then he went on to say that the label "American Idol" was not for him. If those were his true feelings then what on earth was he doing there? If this had been the first year of AI,then I might think that the kids were mislead or something but I feel sure that everyone of them knew what they were getting into and they all wanted the crown, restrictions or no restrictions.
    Bo can give all the interviews that he wants, and say what he wants, but I still think that AI was a huge streak of luck for him. He has more fans who idolize him after a few weeks on the show than he managed to accumulate in ten or so years in his clubs.
    He may go on to be a huge star and I think that he has AI to thank for it if he does. If I were him, the last thing I would be worried about is whether AI "tarnished" my Southern Rock rep.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I think you're making way too much out of this statement.

For one thing, Bo does NOT say that he went into it "hoping & praying not to win". He says that as he was standing there waiting for them to announce the winner, he was thinking, "Please, God, don't let me win this thing."
    I agree with LAGuy's entire assessment.

I just wish that people who were Carrie fans and didnít care much for Bo would stay off this thread. Iíve never gone to the Carrie thread and snarked about Carrie, and I donít appreciate Carrie fans coming over to this thread and making snide remarks. I for one would be happy to see the PTB take a harder stance against negative posts.

Bo seems to me to be an honest and genuine person. I see no reason to Ďassumeí that what he said was sour grapes. If it had been me, Iíd have fought like heck to get to the finals, but would have been grateful to come in second.

Worked for Clay.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Contestant threads are fair game for positive and negative comments, providing the comments are directed at the contestant and not the poster.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I disagree. It isn't a matter of what we're reading into it, it's a matter of what he said. He said that he " never wanted the Idol crown to tarnish his Southern rock rep". And then he went on to say that the label "American Idol" was not for him. If those were his true feelings then what on earth was he doing there? If this had been the first year of AI,then I might think that the kids were mislead or something but I feel sure that everyone of them knew what they were getting into and they all wanted the crown, restrictions or no restrictions.
    Bo can give all the interviews that he wants, and say what he wants, but I still think that AI was a huge streak of luck for him. He has more fans who idolize him after a few weeks on the show than he managed to accumulate in ten or so years in his clubs.
    He may go on to be a huge star and I think that he has AI to thank for it if he does. If I were him, the last thing I would be worried about is whether AI "tarnished" my Southern Rock rep.
    Muduh, I get what you are saying. BUT when did Bo ever say he was not greatful for his exposure on AI. To me, he has shown gratitude with every performance (thanking the band, listening to the judges criticism etc). There have been many bands that struggled for years in clubs without making it and then there are some that have gotten lucky. Anyway, to me it doesn't matter. I like both Bo and Carrie. And wish them both the best of luck.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

cc, I like them both too. I would have been disappointed if Carrie had not won because I thought that she was the best. Bo was my second choice.
    I guess we just read his statements differently. By him not wanting his Southern rep tarnished he pretty much turned me off. It's like he wanted them to give him all the exposure and recognition, then get lost. He's coming off, to me, as being ungrateful for the opportunity he has been given. If he wanted to put out an album of his own songs, why didn't he? If AI was such a bad fit for him, then he could have stayed at home. They didn't call and ask him to compete. Maybe he should be appreciative of the guidance given him by AI instead of feeling that they aren't doing what he wants to do. He needs to realize that HIS way hasn't worked out really well for him so far. Let someone else take a stab at it now. He has the talent. Maybe someone else will have the know how.

I understand completely where Bo is coming from, and I'm fine with it. I think he really wanted to come in second in the finals. That way, he got maximum exposure without having to wear the cheesy American Idol title. He is enormously grateful that he got all of that exposure, and a lot of folks who voted to keep him in the competition until the finals felt ambivalent about him winning, for the same reason that he did.

I also think AI producers wanted to have Bo in the show, but they had no interest in seeing a rocker win the whole shebang. Bo satisfied himself, the judges, the producers, and his true fans.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 06-20-2005 at 12:41 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Anyway, Bo sang 2 songs on the Today show. I'm not sure what the second song was, but it was really good too.
    He actually sang three. Vehicle and Inside Your Heaven (the two songs on his single and a third original song. I believe he sang that same original song on Regis and Kelly.

An American Idol that can write his own songs! That's something you won't see the 'winner' doing.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

That also isn't one of the requirements of being on AI. I'll bet most of the contestants are glad of it, too. I doubt that many of them are song writers but I could be wrong. I don't know if he plays any instruments besides the guitar either. I don't think that's a requirement. Some of the other contestants do play several instruments though.
    I don't believe that anyone ever entered a contest hoping to come in second. That's sort of like being the bridesmaid. I think that he's putting on the best possible face on his lose that he can. I'll bet that if he was told tomorrow that he was actually the winner, we'd hear him yelling from here.
    Last edited by Muduh; 06-20-2005 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    An American Idol that can write his own songs! That's something you won't see the 'winner' doing.
    Actually, if I remember correctly...Carrie does write her own songs.

And Bo has stated throughout this entire show that he never expected to make it far in the show. He entered with the hopes of getting a little exposure, but fully expected to get booted every week. He was just as surprised, if not more so, than many people that he made it to second place.

So I'm quite comfortable with the knowledge that he did NOT enter this contest to win it. He's too humble to have wanted, nor expected, the hulabaloo that comes with winning this type of contest. He doesn't want to be molded into something he's not.

Isn't that what most of us were wanting for him?
    Last edited by Broadway; 06-20-2005 at 02:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread