+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Bo will be on "The View" June 22nd.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Bo was a surprise guest at the 4th Annual Bonnaroo Festival in Manchester, Tennessee over the weekend.
    Opening night held one last surprise for the drunk, exhausted and swaying fans. As Galactic, the last scheduled band, finished its set, it were joined onstage by "American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice. He may not have been expected, but he seemed to win over much of the crowd. Accompanied by DMB violinist Boyd Tinsley and Galactic singer Sister Teedy, Bice covered "Whole Lotta Love" and then "Saturday Night Special."

"It's my first Bonnaroo," Bice told Billboard.com. "But I've been listening to all of these bands forever."
    He also performed with Trey Anastasio (of Phish) the following night. Pics can be seen here.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Bo will be on "The View" June 22nd.
    Bo will be a "co-host" as he sits in for Mens Day Wednesday. Which means we can sit and ogle for the entire hour! Here's hoping Star Jones and Joy Behar have other things to do that day...

Bice Says He's Glad He Lost 'Idol' Final

Friday June 17 7:17 AM ET

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20050617/111901782000.html

Three weeks after being defeated by Carrie Underwood in the finals of "American Idol," Bo Bice says he's happy he lost.

"People ask me, 'What were you thinking while you stood there waiting for them to announce the winner?'" Bice says in the issue of Rolling Stone magazine on newsstands Friday.

The answer?

"Please, God, don't let me win this thing."

Bice claims he never wanted the Idol crown to tarnish his Southern rock rep.

"The label 'American Idol' was not for me. I'm not a pop person. It would have been harder to play my kind of music if I had won," says the 29-year-old Alabama native.

In the May 25 finale, the long-haired rocker failed to bring in as many votes as Underwood, who won over audiences with her country charm. But runners-up on the Fox show have done well in the past most notably Clay Aiken.

This fall, Bice will record an album with producer Clive Davis, due out by year's end. He hopes to persuade Davis to include a few of his own tunes.

"I would rather put out an album of my own songs, and if it flops, it flops."

After all, Bice feels like he's playing with house money at this point.

"I just came in (to 'American Idol') being myself," he says. "And for some crazy reason, that's what people were wanting. Which is why I am truly the guy who's the most freaked out about everything that's happened."
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Bo will be performing on the Today Show Monday

Thanks for the article babymay
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    Friday June 17 7:17 AM ET

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20050617/111901782000.html

Three weeks after being defeated by Carrie Underwood in the finals of "American Idol," Bo Bice says he's happy he lost.

"People ask me, 'What were you thinking while you stood there waiting for them to announce the winner?'" Bice says in the issue of Rolling Stone magazine on newsstands Friday.

The answer?

"Please, God, don't let me win this thing."

Bice claims he never wanted the Idol crown to tarnish his Southern rock rep.

"The label 'American Idol' was not for me. I'm not a pop person. It would have been harder to play my kind of music if I had won," says the 29-year-old Alabama native.

In the May 25 finale, the long-haired rocker failed to bring in as many votes as Underwood, who won over audiences with her country charm. But runners-up on the Fox show have done well in the past most notably Clay Aiken.

This fall, Bice will record an album with producer Clive Davis, due out by year's end. He hopes to persuade Davis to include a few of his own tunes.

"I would rather put out an album of my own songs, and if it flops, it flops."

After all, Bice feels like he's playing with house money at this point.

"I just came in (to 'American Idol') being myself," he says. "And for some crazy reason, that's what people were wanting. Which is why I am truly the guy who's the most freaked out about everything that's happened."
    I gotta say that I am really torn about this statement. First off I like Bo alot & he is correct in that him just being himself is exactly what the audience wanted to see, but this attitude for some reason hits me the wrong way. I know all of these contestants are in this thing first & foremost to gain exposure & hopefully catch the eye & ear of some record company some where that will give them a shot in the studio, but to go into it hoping & praying not to win is just disrespecting all those that give their all for their one true shot at winning. His former statement about being there on a bet & his attitude about it all being good when he was bottom 3 sort of make more sense now that this statement comes out. Like I say, I am torn about this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I gotta say that I am really torn about this statement. First off I like Bo alot & he is correct in that him just being himself is exactly what the audience wanted to see, but this attitude for some reason hits me the wrong way. I know all of these contestants are in this thing first & foremost to gain exposure & hopefully catch the eye & ear of some record company some where that will give them a shot in the studio, but to go into it hoping & praying not to win is just disrespecting all those that give their all for their one true shot at winning. His former statement about being there on a bet & his attitude about it all being good when he was bottom 3 sort of make more sense now that this statement comes out. Like I say, I am torn about this.
    If 19E did a better job with the careers of the winners (and took less money) more people would be interested in winning. Bo's attitude isn't unusual. This is exactly why Mario left the competition early. Itís hard to blame them for desiring more control, more money and less indentured servitude than the winner will receive.;-)
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I know all of these contestants are in this thing first & foremost to gain exposure & hopefully catch the eye & ear of some record company some where that will give them a shot in the studio, but to go into it hoping & praying not to win is just disrespecting all those that give their all for their one true shot at winning.
    I think you're making way too much out of this statement.

For one thing, Bo does NOT say that he went into it "hoping & praying not to win". He says that as he was standing there waiting for them to announce the winner, he was thinking, "Please, God, don't let me win this thing." And I, for one, can't blame him for feeling that way, especially after AI made him sing crap like "Inside Your Heaven" only the night before.

Week in & week out, Bo gave his all and sang his heart out. His performances all season long can be seen as proof that he wanted to win just as much as anyone. And he delivered -- up to & including Finals Night, even though he was puking backstage between songs. But he also always realized that his world wouldn't come to an end if he didn't win and that "it was all good". (I honestly think that the other contestants probably feel much the same way.)

And then, standing on that final precipice, he felt some fear, trepidation and concern about the result -- as would most of us when being confronted with such a momentous, life-changing event. There's a reason why people say: "Be careful what you wish for."

So, it's much ado about nothing, imo. It just shows that Bo is human after all. Which we kinda knew all along, didn't we?

I read that article and thought it was hilarious. Of course he wanted to win. Why else would he have been there? His explanation is just his version of sour grapes. They surely know exactly what the rules and regulations are before they go into the contest. To say, after the fact, that you didn't want to follow those rules doesn't exactly ring true for many of us. I personally wouldn'ty get in front of a camera or microphone and say that. You're just admitting that you wanted to use them as far as possible and then go it on your own. Bo got far more recognizition from those few weeks than he has been able to get from years on his own. I, for one, think he would have enjoyed riding that train for as long as possible.
    I don't care for that one song either, but I also don't think that these contestants should be able to run the show to suit themselves. If they don't like the songs, go home. Don't wait around till you're voted off, then tell everyone how glad you are that you came in second best.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I read that article and thought it was hilarious. Of course he wanted to win. Why else would he have been there? His explanation is just his version of sour grapes. They surely know exactly what the rules and regulations are before they go into the contest. To say, after the fact, that you didn't want to follow those rules doesn't exactly ring true for many of us. I personally wouldn'ty get in front of a camera or microphone and say that. You're just admitting that you wanted to use them as far as possible and then go it on your own. Bo got far more recognizition from those few weeks than he has been able to get from years on his own. I, for one, think he would have enjoyed riding that train for as long as possible.
    I don't care for that one song either, but I also don't think that these contestants should be able to run the show to suit themselves. If they don't like the songs, go home. Don't wait around till you're voted off, then tell everyone how glad you are that you came in second best.
    I guess that Bo opened a can of worms with this statement. I still don't know how to take it, but I ask if he would have made the same comment to People Magazine, or Entertainment Weekly, or if he maybe saved it for Rolling Stone, the bastion of Rock & Roll. I'm not sure if any of you heard the interview on American Top 40 this week with Clive Davis. He said that he & Bo would be doing a Pop album with a rock feel. Not a rock album with a Pop feel. How do you think Bo will feel about this? I wish Bo all the luck in the world, he was my second choice to win & I always wanted a Bo & Carrie finale. By the way, Bo's first single is to hit the shelves tomorrow, the 21st. Hope it does well. As an aside, Carrie is credited as singing backup vocals on Bo's single.

+ Reply to Thread