+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Im about to go watch him again on The Daily Show since it's airing again right now.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by clay crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by my3boyz
    Bo was awesome today! He was funny, chatty, charming, etc. (Like another AI runner-up I love!). I loved his rendition of "Drift Away," and especially loved seeing him play guitar. What a treat this appearance was!
    OMG...did you see Kelly's face when Bo said she looks like his mom!!!! ROFLOL That was so funny!
    That was funny. I hope Kelly gets a chance to see what Bo's mom looks like, because he was definitely paying her a compliment. The first time I saw his mom, I couldn't believe how young she looked (and she's very pretty).
    Yeah, Kelly's gonna realize what a compliment that was when (if) she gets to see some pics or video of Nancy Downes (incorrectly identified by superimposed text on the AI4 finale as "Carrie's family").

Someone said Nancy must've been about 14 or 15 when she had him. I seriously doubt that, but she could have been 17 or 18. My sis-in-law had her first kid at 17, and when she was in her late 40s she looked as young and gorgeous as Bo's mom does. Nancy could easily be 47 or 48. Looks fantastic too.

---

Suncat, I've learned that The Daily Show and its repeats air at different times in different areas. The new episodes air at 10P some places, 11P others, and midnight in others. The repeats of the Mon, Tues, and Wed shows air right after the regular show the following night. The repeat of the Thurs show airs right after the regular show the following Monday, I think.

The evening repeat is at 7 PM some places, 8 PM others, and who knows when in others?

CHECK YOUR LOCAL CABLE LISTINGS, folks.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

It'll also be on at 10am today and 11:30pm tonight
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    It'll also be on at 10am today and 11:30pm tonight
    Thanks, Amy!

You might want to add that to the TV Appearances thread.

Hey, ladies, hungry for some eye candy?

Those are from the recent GQ party which Bo attended.

More here: http://www.design-diva.net/dd/bo/june1/june1.html
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Here in Vegas The Daily Show repeats at 10 AM the following morning. Check your local listings to see if it re-airs in the morning where you live.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Bo is on CBS right now! He already sang "Drift Away!" Great job!

He certainly reminds me of James Taylor with his second (original) song!!
    Last edited by Kariann1; 06-02-2005 at 09:51 AM.

Just watched the Early Show performance, and wanted to report that he sang an additonal ORIGINAL song titled "Changing For The Better". (I hope it's on the new album) He stated that the new album will have ballads, more upbeat rocking songs, as well as some "poppy-rock".
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FYI... quick views of both Bo's Daily Show appearance and Carrie's Tonight Show appearance can be seen at http://tv.channel.aol.com/franchise/top5.adp for a short time.

Bo will be on "The Today Show" on their Summer Concert series on Monday, June 20th.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnew...l=2&thispage=1

Congregation's tears flow with Bo's
    'American Idol' star makes an emotional church homecoming

Monday, June 06, 2005
    MARY COLURSO
    News staff writer

Wendy Skinner, a missionary to Guatemala, cut her eyes to the back of New Hope Cumberland Presbyterian Church on Sunday morning and asked an appropriate question.

"How many times," she said, "have you been lucky enough to have God give you your dream on a silver platter?"

A bearded, pony-tailed guy in jeans and flip-flops had a ready answer.

"Amen," he said, nodding his head.

It was Bo Bice, the Helena singer who's become an international celebrity on "American Idol."

Bice, 29, returned to his spiritual home this weekend, attending an 11:15 a.m. service in the church's fellowship hall in Shelby County. About 200 members of the flock were there to embrace him, and to congratulate Bice on his second-place finish on the Fox TV reality series.

"Bubba, you're on your way," said the Rev. Donny Acton, New Hope's pastor. "I'm glad I was here to help you with your singing stuff."

Bice, a veteran on the Southeastern nightclub circuit, became a member of the church about two years ago, well before "Idol" discovered him. At Acton's urging, Bice also joined a praise-and-worship band that performs at the Crux, the church's casual afternoon services.

"Everyone here who knows me, knows what I'm about," Bice said. "I had no expectation (on 'Idol') but to go out and do my best."

'God is good':

Competing on the show for five months and making promotional appearances after the May 25 finale have kept Bice away from fellow congregants, as well as the modest building New Hope owns on Cahaba Valley Road.

Regis and Kelly have been calling - not to mention Larry King, Jon Stewart, E!, "Showbiz Today" and Rolling Stone.

Bice was given about a week and a half off during the media blitz, however, and immediately hightailed it back to the Birmingham area. He has spent the past few days getting friendly with his new car (a 2005 Jack Roush Mustang partly funded by "Idol") and catching up with his bandmates from SugarMoney.

According to Bice's girlfriend, Caroline Fisher, he also has played in the back yard with a new addition to his family - an English bulldog puppy. That pooch keeps company with Gracie, Bice's basset-beagle mix, plus two cats and two turtles.

Press commitments have continued for Bice while he's here, although at a slower pace.

"I'm excited to be home," Bice said. "It's just hard, because I've been thrown into a whirlwind of stuff. I've been doing a lot of press to support the single (a cover of 'Vehicle') that comes out on the 21st.

"Things have been changing every day, with the offers I've been getting I would like to come home and spend a week chilling. But you have to roll with the punches in this business."

No punches were thrown his way Sunday morning at New Hope, but tears came anyway, when Bice climbed on the stage to perform one of his original songs, "Mr. East." Part folk tune, part testimony, it tells a story from Bice's past - when a friend's grandfather predicted the 19-year-old rocker would one day turn all that "hooping, hollering and screaming - all that good mess" into "playing music for the Lord."

Bice recalled scoffing inwardly at the remark, but later found it fertile inspiration for song writing.

'It's just Bo':

Tissues came out of pockets and purses in the audience about midway through Bice's rendition of the song, and he choked up, too, stepping back from the microphone to compose himself.

Bice has credited the church with helping him to turn his life around, saying religion guided him toward a peace, confidence and stability that allowed him to change his wild rock 'n' roll ways.

During the "Idol" finals, two drug arrests on Bice's record became public knowledge, along with a "diversion program" that resulted in the charges being dismissed.

Acton, New Hope's pastor, said his flock never has intended to judge Bice, just to "love on him."

"When he comes through these doors, he comes relaxed," said Acton, 44. "We try to treat him like he's been here all along. He's our son."

Although parts of the Sunday service - a Guatemalan missionary appeal, for example - were business as usual, this clearly was a special occasion at the church. Bice received standing ovations when he performed a couple of solos, or harmonized with the New Hope band on songs including "Amazing Love" and "Glorify."

Bice signed autographs, gave hugs, posed for photos galore and dug into a lunch of chicken and dumplings prepared by Jessie and Dale Dunnaway.

A burly bodyguard stood watch nearby, but his services weren't necessary in such congenial company.

"We're just glad to have him home," said Peggi Ward, 39, who's been a member of New Hope church for eight years. "When he left here, he had a ponytail and a beard; now he's back and he has a ponytail and a beard. For us, it's just Bo."

+ Reply to Thread