+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Well, my reason for not voting is that I don't have the time to endlessly push a telephone button for hours on a work night--like most of the viewers. And there is something irksome about giving up one's valuable time so that American Idol producers can say that zillions of people "voted." If American Idol wants me to be a telephone statistic to help their ratings, then they'll have to pay me for my vote. I would be happier if the show's producers and judges just picked the winner and runner-up.

And by the way, did anyone else think Bo was struck by the tackiness of the gift of the cars on the finale? I think that's why he sheepishly said "Does any one want a ride?" I guess Bo is happy to get a car, but Ryan sounded like Bob Barker on the Price Is Right announcing the "prize," which will end up costing Bo and Carrier a bundle in taxes. Also, the supposedly unique "prize" to the winner (Carrie) of use of a personal jet sounded bogus to me. Bo just said he will have to fly back to LA to make records while on tour. How is he going to be able to zig-zag that way--by personal jet, natch. By the way, I think it's dumb to wear out Bo that way--forcing him to push out a record that fast while he is touring. Don't they know that he'll still sell zillions of records if he waits a bit?
    They did the same thing with Ruben, Clay and Fantasia. All of them worked on their cds while the tour was going on. I agree that they should just give them the summer to tour and then work on cds but I guess they want the cds completed prior to the next show beginning or something so they can come on the show to promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz
    They did the same thing with Ruben, Clay and Fantasia. All of them worked on their cds while the tour was going on. I agree that they should just give them the summer to tour and then work on cds but I guess they want the cds completed prior to the next show beginning or something so they can come on the show to promote it.
    Diana was also in the studio last year during breaks from the tour. It seems a terrible rush rush experience, especially considering RCA just left her hanging out to dry after the CD release. i can't believe any of them would get the best songs & efforts when they are just put through the meat grinder like this.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    When Regis asked Bo what he thought of all of his fans, he said he was "diggin' it". lol

Regis asks Bo what his real name is. Bo said he could tell him but then he'd have to kill him. Regis said that it couldn't be worse than "Regis". Bo said he's thinking of changing his name to "Regis Bice". He told the story of how he got the nickname "Bo". His mom said he looked like a little Humphrey Bogart when he was born. Regis said it could have been worse - he could have been named Humphrey.

Kelly - "My real name is Harold but my nickname is Humphrey." (lol)

Bo says he's been playing guitar since he was nine.

Bo talked a little bit about how he was tempted to quit music. He was tired of living out of suitcases. He said at thirty he'd give it all up and get a real job. (If he wasn't successful at that point.)

Bo says that his mom is very young. When Bo got to the audition, there was nobody there - the security guard told them to move along. He said that within 45 minutes, there were about 2,000 people there.

Bo said that the reason he watched the show in the past was because of the bad auditions.

He said that he's not disappointed with the results. He said that Carrie is "cute as a button and just as sweet".

Thanks for the good recap, Carla. Bo was funny and smart. A great guest with fast rejoinders.

I Missed Bo
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Thanks for the great recap Carla. Bo was such a cutie pie and funny on the show.

ETA: Snappit, don't worry. They may show it again. They do run repeats every now and then. They're scheduled to go on a cruise soon, so hopefully they will air it then.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Not sure if this was posted yet.

Tv Guide Interview

Sure, Bo Bice technically lost American Idol's title to country girl Carrie Underwood last week. Still, she isn't America's only Southern sweetheart; Bo has scores of boosters, too, including us! When TVGuide.com got the 29-year-old Alabaman on the phone for a post-Idol debriefing, the poor dear sounded as if he'd just woken from a much-needed nap. Maybe his whirlwind week had caught up to Bo, but we couldn't let the runner-up rocker's exhaustion keep us from quizzing him.

Can find the whole article here
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/050601b.asp
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

CombatCutie, what a great article! Thanks for posting it! I loved the part about how on Anthony's birthday Bo sent him flowers from Carrie with a note saying, "I can't wait till our love blossoms."
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

I know momof2dogs. He is a real prankster. He better watch out when they are on tour because I'm sure they will want to get him back

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Not sure if this was posted yet.

Tv Guide Interview

Can find the whole article here
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/050601b.asp
    Thanks for the link! I didn't know Bo already had performed before thousands. That must explain his relative ease in performing throughout the series. The Carrie/flowers prank was pretty funny.

+ Reply to Thread