+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Bo is great, he really has the same honesty about singing and performing that previous winners had, especially Fantasia. Although their styles are different, the performances are similar in how pure/raw they are, the song comes from deep within.

And about unemployment - his boss could have let him work until he had to leave for AI, but no, the boss decided to kick him to the curb right there and then. His boss could have waited a couple months, but I guess it was the pride there that could not make such allowance. I can certainly understand why Bo collected unemployment between being fired and starting at AI, he is an adult and has to make the ends meet somehow. It is hard to find a job for 8 weeks, usually employers are looking for long term commitment.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I definitely am rooting for Bo (for the guys), I thought it'll be hard for him to top last week's performance but he did! I still don't think he'll win though, based on the audience voting, I think they'll still go for Constantine's look (which I don't get) than Bo's talents. It's the same here in the Philippines (they have some AI show rip offs here), people vote for no talents with good looks rather than great talents with so so looks.

Quote Originally Posted by porky pig
    I still don't think he'll win though, based on the audience voting, I think they'll still go for Constantine's look (which I don't get) than Bo's talents. It's the same here in the Philippines (they have some AI show rip offs here), people vote for no talents with good looks rather than great talents with so so looks.

I honestly don't think that Constantine will outlast Bo. Maybe I'm giving the public too much credit; I guess we will find out soon enough.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I realized the difference between Bo and Constantine last night: Bo's talent and performances are as close to authentic rock as one could get on AI, while Constantine is the pretty-boy lead singer whose performances looks forced. Now, while I think Constantine is the prettier of the two, Bo is much better. He's blown me away the last two weeks and he's gotten my vote every time.

FORT Newbie
    Wow Bo is outstanding. I played in a rock/metal band for ten years. I toured with Warrant, Bruce Dickinson, Peter Criss from Kiss, and many others. As a band we had no money but we still had a recording studio. So just because Bo said he had a studio that means nothing of his financial status. It just means he has been so dedicated that he spent his money on his art. I was like $30,000 in debt after my band stint. It takes a lot of money and contacts to get somewhere in the business. And Constantine, although I like his attempt does not compare vocally to Bo. Bo is by far the most professional singer there. All the others miss notes here and there but Bo is right on never sharp, weak or flat. The perfect rock recording voice. Even Anwar "the music teacher" was flat at the beginning of his last performance.
    Go Bo! Give a true musician a chance.
    Last edited by BeyondReality; 03-01-2005 at 12:39 PM.

Bo's performances have been very exciting, IMO. I love the "vintage rocker" thing -- the rough-edged, testosterone-driven "rock" voice supplies something that's been missing in AI.

As for how he'll do on themes, does anyone else feel the contradiction of the judges lauding the contestants for "knowing who they are," and then AI asking them to perform genres that are unsuited to them? Yet Bo's friends and relatives say he will surprise us then.

While Bo doesn't seem to photograph well, he looks a lot better when talking or singing. I think he's better looking than Constantine, whose weak chin in profile grosses me out (picky, aren't I?).

His biographical material paints a picture of a wholesome guy, involved in his church, helping kids at summer camp, attending family reunions, etc.

A poll at (a website where you can download videos of the show) has Bo with 48% of the votes. I hope he does well with the AI voting audience.
    Last edited by Boomer4Clay; 03-01-2005 at 02:05 PM.

I thought he was great again last night and rounded the show off in excellent fashion.
    He seems very authentic to me.
    He's not putting on a rock guy facade for the cameras, that just seems to be who he is.
    I'm very pleased the judges put him through to this stage of the competition so the public can decide whether he's what they want in an Idol.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Very good choice of words ... Authentic ... Its so refreshing to see someone being who they are and not trying to play up to the cameras.
    I almost hate to see him win (if it gets that far for him) where as it would be a great thing for him to do in his position and style.. how much of the 'rock world' would take him seriously?? AI has (to me) focused on poppy and R&B styles in the past not only with winners but pretty much everyone they have let get this far. But I guess they noted that too given this years crop of people.. I can honestly say i look forward to watching it now because of people like Bo, Anwar and even Anthony. Its good to have a verity

Businesses are put together to make money. Many, if not most, businesses do not allow you to take a "leave of absence" for anything other than medical or family reasons. I don't know where he worked, but if it was a smaller place the missing person could really hurt business. If you choose to go on AI, you choose the consequences. For Bo, that means quitting his job. Welcome to the real world, Bo.

The business let Bo know that they could not keep him on the books if he took that much time off. Instead of doing the grown-up thing and accepting his choice, he took advantage of a system designed to assist people in need. In my opinion, a working person, participating in a television show does not make you a person in need.

His lack of respect for the business he left (who was forced to partially pay his unemployment benefits) amazes me. And then to go on national television and brag about it demonstrates his complete lack of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Qbert
    Businesses are put together to make money. Many, if not most, businesses do not allow you to take a "leave of absence" for anything other than medical or family reasons. I don't know where he worked, but if it was a smaller place the missing person could really hurt business. If you choose to go on AI, you choose the consequences. For Bo, that means quitting his job. Welcome to the real world, Bo.

The business let Bo know that they could not keep him on the books if he took that much time off. Instead of doing the grown-up thing and accepting his choice, he took advantage of a system designed to assist people in need. In my opinion, a working person, participating in a television show does not make you a person in need.

His lack of respect for the business he left (who was forced to partially pay his unemployment benefits) amazes me. And then to go on national television and brag about it demonstrates his complete lack of character.
    I do not think he is continuing to withdraw unemployment. His problem seemed to be that he was honest to his employer and told him as soon as he knew about it that in two months he will be going to American Idol. Well, to me it sounds like he would have liked to work that two months, he still needed money to pay his bills for the two months before the show started. But his boss said no, you're outta here now. Why should he have foregone unemployment benefits? Should he have gone to his mothers and lived from her paycheck during those two months? No, the unemployment benefits are there so that people can use them when they really need it. Bo needed it at that point. Good for him to be grown up enough to say that he had to do it in order to come to work for this show. He is not hiding anything because there is no reason to hide anything, he did the right thing. He did not "use the system", he just asked for the benefits he was eligible to get.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread