+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    I think it's great that Bo is such a nice person, but I get a little unnerved by these spiritual stories about him. He's a great performer but not a saint. I just hope he doesn't get cannonized by his fans the way the Claymates annointed their idol.

Me too pillbeam. I really like Bo and am thrilled he turned his life around

ETA: not all Claymates annointed him that way Some of us were actually normal
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I love Bo but the latest story is a bit much! I remember some celebrity said years ago people build you up and put you on this pedestal then if you don't live up to it they are there to knock you down. He is not a saint but he is a wonderful singer and entertainer.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    I think it's great that Bo is such a nice person, but I get a little unnerved by these spiritual stories about him. He's a great performer but not a saint. I just hope he doesn't get cannonized by his fans the way the Claymates annointed their idol.
    Me, too, Pillbeam. (Those folks are known by other Clay fans as "the angel wingers."
    I hate to see entertainers held up as saints and held to ridiculous standards of propriety.

I don't think that will happen with Bo, though. Anyone who listens to the lyrics of his older songs, especially the ones from the Purge CD "Exgratia," knows he's been around the block a bit. He also does not seem to be a "goody two-shoes," even though he has written and recorded Christian songs.

The main message I get from reading about Bo's "spirituality" and "goodness" is that he is very loving, humble, genuine, compassionate, and generous -- not that anyone thinks he's without flaws or doesn't "misbehave" on occasion.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 05-24-2005 at 01:50 PM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

The big rumor on another forum is that Bo is sick and has lost his voice. Has anyone here heard any truth to this?
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Someone said that Carrie had allergies and her voice was hurting.... but I hadn't heard about Bo. I'd check out his aunt's website, or the Sugar Money website to be certain.

eta: ewwwww... I just checked out bice squad and they do say that his voice is apparently hoarse today, but that he was going to a doctor.

Here's hoping that everything's okay.
    Last edited by Broadway; 05-24-2005 at 03:12 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Oh no....sending get well vibes to Bo. I hope everything turns out okay. But at this point in the competition, he already has a fan base and I'm sure they aren't going to not vote for him. Good luck Bo.....I'm pulling for you.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Found this message from Bo's aunt on another site, copied from the AI boards:

Just talked to Nancy she said everything is fine

Aunt Jackie

Thanks for the update LAGuy.

I hope Bo can bring it home tonight.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Oh I want your AV LAGuy!!! That is awesome.

I cannot wait for an album from Bo Bice. Like i said earlier, he could burp the whole thing and I would want it. I have never wanted to buy an album from ANY Idol contestant, but I will find Bo's. Since I live in a small non descript city in NW Ontario, Canada I will hunt down his album. As for "In a Dream", yeah I listen to it often for entertainment. Maybe too many times.

One thing I have liked about this season? My son has been privy to music from his mommy or even grandmother's era. He LOVES Spinning Wheel, Whipping Post and Freebird. But he is also liking many other songs from eras that are far removed from his generation of music--rap and hip hop. T'is very nice to share with him. We have both opened our ears to other kinds of music.

Bo will rock tonight

+ Reply to Thread