+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the welcome KariAnn1. I hope you don't think that I was getting defensive. I just wanted everyone to know the whole truth about the subject. I saw these comments that were posted earlier.

Bo may have shot himself in the foot last night with his response to Ryan's question about his age giving him an edge. He should have stopped after acknowledging he has more experience on the stage and performing for audiences. However, he went too far noting that he has his own recording studio, writes his own music, etc. I couldn't help but thinking that since he's gotten the exposure he really doesn't need to win this competition. Anybody else feel this way?
    He would have been better off just saying something like "age is not a factor, talent is the factor...." Just something besides making himself sound superior, to the rest...
    And I didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression of Bo, or what kind of person he is. I can promise everyone that he was not trying to sound superior to the other contestants, or bring them down in any way. That is not at all the kind of person he is. He is the kind of person that is the first one to cheer on and encourage other people. I know a lot of people say the he is not what some would say is "American Idol material", and to be honest that is exactly what I thought when he told me what he was going to Orlando for. Even if he isn't "American Idol material", he is an excellent musician and an extraordinary person in my book, and many other people's too. All of his friends and family here just know that he will succeed in doing what he loves, and inspiring others. I do like the fact that he is still there now, and that brings to light that the show is not tied down to just having a certain genre of music. I think that this is a great thing, but of course I am a big fan of classic rock. Thank you again for the welcome to the forum. Everyone here seems to be very nice and easy to talk to.

I am so glad that we have someone on FORT that actually knows Bo LOL. I hope you're gonna be telling him how much we love him whenever you see or talk ro him. And psst...can you tell him I think he is an amazing singer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kariann1
    Thanks, b'hamkev for providing additional information on Bo. I was expressing what I feared others were thinking. To have your own recording studio is cool but something that most contestants can only dream about. Hopefully, the comment didn't turn others away! ...
    Kariann, it's not that expensive to have a home recording studio any more. You can get a good multi-track tape deck for about $500, and almost anyone who has a band already has good quality mics, mic stands, amps, and lots of other paraphernalia that you need for recording. It's not even that expensive to produce your own CDs. In fact, given what it costs per hour to pay someone else to record you (or your band), investing in your own studio is the more economical way to go.

I have quite a few musician friends who have home studios, and most of these folks are school teachers, computer programmers, health care workers, etc., to pay the bills. They're not wealthy.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl91
    I am so glad that we have someone on FORT that actually knows Bo LOL. I hope you're gonna be telling him how much we love him whenever you see or talk ro him. And psst...can you tell him I think he is an amazing singer?
    We have two. Bo's cousin posted earlier in this thread, too.

Yeah, it's great to hear from folks who know him.

I don't know how he'll do in the voting over the course of AI, since the teenyboppers are probably the "power dialers" and Bo may appeal more to the over-25 crowd, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the final 12 - and after that, he's no longer competing just with the men.

In a way, I think making the top 12 is the biggest "if." There are sort of 3 "rockers," and they may split the votes of the fans of that genre while they guys are competing against each other for 6 spots.

But several of the women are generically similar in looks and sound, too. If Bo makes the final 12, so he'll be competing against both sexes, I think he'll be safe for at least 3 or 4 more weeks.

Who is Bos cousin? I still think he is an amazing singer lol And I agree with the fact that he will prolly stay for a couple more weeks.......

Bo Bice's cousin

Bo's cousin is Omega169. Here's the post:
    Bo Bice

Thank you Grisabella!

Another media article focusing on Bo:
    http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php...&p=29441#29441

I had a dream last night that they accidently showed this week's results show early (how? why? It was a dream.) I don't remember who else was bumped, but Bo went home. NOOOO! What a nightmare! Vote Bo!

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella
    Another media article focusing on Bo:
    http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php...&p=29441#29441
    Thanks for digging up these articles and clips on Bo!

+ Reply to Thread