+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 194 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1940
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bo Bice

Quote Originally Posted by mstvfan
    I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Bo will be appearing on the Rick and Bubba radio/tv show out of Birmingham, Al this Friday, May 13th and is also going to make a few local appearances in that area after the broadcast.

You will be able to listen live online at www.rickandbubba.com and/or can watch it on Turner South or listen on radio in the southeastern U.S. beginning 6 am Central time.

Bo will most likely appear in the first hour of the show, but stick around even after that because one of the Rick and Bubba interns is actually getting married to her fiance around 8 am cst, and they said this morning that Bo might even stick around to see the wedding take place.

It should be pretty funny because even though the wedding is real, they are going to involve a lot of humor in the ceremony.

For a list of radio stations that will carry the show, go to:

www.rickandbubba.com and then click on the listen link...

Forget the radio! I'm planning on seeing him in person --see my posting upthread about his appearances tomorrow during the home visit.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain
    Forget the radio! I'm planning on seeing him in person --see my posting upthread about his appearances tomorrow during the home visit.
    Cool, bamabrain! Let us know about it.

after watching the results show last night, and Bo's first audition, I'm a little confused...

when they were showing the cut to the final24, Simon mentioned that Bo got thru on a 2/3 majority vote, and bo asked if Simon was the one that said no (simon agreed)...

and yet, Simon said Bo was brilliant in the first audition...

maybe Bo "stunk" during the hollywood rounds??? anyone knows???

or am I reading too much into it???

I was wondering the same thing, McMw. Of the four still remaining, Bo seemed to have gotten the most praise at the auditions (from what we were shown). I would imagine that at the Hollywood auditions, Constantine was emerging as a more marketable alternative to Bo. Perhaps the producers/ judges were worried about two 'rocker' style contestants? However, 2 of the 3 couldn't deny the talent they saw in him. Either way, it was a good move to advance him.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I believe this may have been covered, but I think I can say this without having to *duck*, being a HUGE Bo fan - I think the reason we did not see him during the auditions as much as the others is because he had disclosed his prior indiscretions. Perhaps he didn't get Simon's nod because Simon had this info and wanted to be very cautious considering the implications it could have. I think though, that after getting to know the Bo of today, any reservations the judges may have had, were cleared up. Additionally, it probably took several days - maybe weeks until the AI legal approved him as a candiadate, upon his disclosures.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I was wondering the same thing, McMw. Of the four still remaining, Bo seemed to have gotten the most praise at the auditions (from what we were shown). I would imagine that at the Hollywood auditions, Constantine was emerging as a more marketable alternative to Bo. Perhaps the producers/ judges were worried about two 'rocker' style contestants? However, 2 of the 3 couldn't deny the talent they saw in him. Either way, it was a good move to advance him.
    I think that's closer to the truth. I also think Simon, who is obsessed with looks, probably thought Bo didn't look mainstream enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Erika221
    I believe this may have been covered, but I think I can say this without having to *duck*, being a HUGE Bo fan - I think the reason we did not see him during the auditions as much as the others is because he had disclosed his prior indiscretions. Perhaps he didn't get Simon's nod because Simon had this info and wanted to be very cautious considering the implications it could have. I think though, that after getting to know the Bo of today, any reservations the judges may have had, were cleared up. Additionally, it probably took several days - maybe weeks until the AI legal approved him as a candiadate, upon his disclosures.
    Pillbeam said:

I also think Simon, who is obsessed with looks, probably thought Bo didn't look mainstream enough.
    I wondered about that, too, Erika221. I also thought about what Pillbeam just posted, also. Whatever the reasons, I'm really glad they stuck with him. I loved his audition and his comments about AI needing a little rock, soul and blues. The audience sure seems to be liking his song choices and performances these past few weeks.

[edit: clay_crazy- probably best to post the trip info in the AI spoiler thread since we don't know what will be shown on the show]
    Last edited by speedbump; 05-13-2005 at 06:24 PM.

FORT Regular
    I've seen some of the footage of Bo jamming with Sugar Money on the roof of some tv station in Birmingham. He was fabulous! He sang Whipping Post, I Don't Want To Be and Sweet Home Alabama. F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.

Kao
    If Vonzell goes home this week I will be voting for crazy for Bo in the final 2 show.

Question: Can Bo sell records?

Answer:
    Two weeks ago, after Bo Bice sang Gavin DeGraw's "I Don't Want to Be," DeGraw's Chariot Stripped soared from #146 to #92 on Billboard's albums chart with a 61 percent sales boost.... Meanwhile, online sales of the track itself, through Web sites like iTunes, rose a massive 94 percent.

Bice proved a powerful sales force again last week after singing Los Lonely Boys' "Heaven." The following week, Los Lonely Boys' self-titled debut, which includes the track, surged from #121 to #81 on a 77 percent sales increase.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/150...headlines=true

+ Reply to Thread