+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly, Ruben & Fantasia: Home For Christmas

Kelly, Ruben & Fantasia: Home For Christmas

KELLY, RUBEN AND FANTASIA ARE VISITING YOU FOR CHRISTMAS!
    All three of your American Idols, Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard and Fantasia, will be performing in a brand new American Idol Christmas Special! Donít miss your favorite Idols singing songs from their new solo album releases as well as holiday classics on Wednesday, November 24th! Only on FOX!

Hug me!
    this is funny. Clay is the one with a christmas CD but ruben, kelly has chrismas special. What's wrong with this picture ?
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Perhaps FOX wants to actually showcase its winners from the previous 3 seasons, and not its losers?

Did anyone watch this last night?
    I thought Ruben sounded incredible.
    Kelly did pretty weell too, but she's too much of a shoutenheimer for my liking.

They sang "You'll Never Walk Alone" which is the song associated with my local football club, Liverpool FC, so that made me home sick and sad
    It was a great rendition until Fantasia went OTT at the end and started screaming and bouncing around.
    The other two looked a tad mystified by her, imo.

Fantasia did a very good version of You Were Always On My Mind.
    I really like her voice when she isn't screeching.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenFan#205
    this is funny. Clay is the one with a christmas CD but ruben, kelly has chrismas special. What's wrong with this picture ?
    Funnier thing is that Clay has his OWN concert coming to TV soon.

I watched it last night and found myself quite bored.

Ruben really impressed me last night, his voice was incredable.
    Kelly was very good as well, a little too shouty in some numbers.
    Like fluff said, Fantasia has a great voice when she isn't screaming, but that is what she was doing all last night.

There was one song Kelly and Fantasia sang together and it seemed like they were having a shouting contest.

I found last year's concert much better. It seemed like the idols were having a lot more fun and there was more of them.

I love that Clay has his own concert, it makes him so much easier to avoid than if he was sharing time with the others.

There was one song Kelly and Fantasia sang together and it seemed like they were having a shouting contest.
    Oh God, that was appalling.
    They both sounded ok until they started those gut busting notes at the end of the song.
    It was too much for me.
    I can't imagine singing like that does their vocal chords any favours, aside from the fact it distorts their voices anyway.
    When Fantasia just sings in a regular manner she sounds very good, I was never a fan of hers on the show really.

I was disappointed. It was a Christmas show but they didn't seem to sing many Christmas carols. At one point towards the end of the program my husband wandered in and said " I thought this was a Christmas special?" We listened closely and they WERE singing Joy to the World but I didn't recognize the tune.
    Kelly looked beautiful in her dress, and she did a good job on Breakaway.Other than that, I didn't get too much out of it.

I'm a fan of all the Idols, but the shouting and cheesy crap has got to stop.

I thought it was a wonderful show. It had been advertised as SOME Christmas songs and a couple of songs from each of their new CDs, so I got what I expected. Everyone will judge it based on who they liked originally. I like Kelly, but, I'm not crazy about her new Avril sounding songs, and she should never try to out shout Fantasia. Fantasia most people either love or hate - her singing, that is. I agree with Fluff, sometimes she gets a bit over the top, but she can sing. Now, I make no bones about Ruben being my favorite and it was no different for the show. Bronchitis and all (GET WELL SOON RU!), he sounded fabulous and smooth. I can't stop playing his new CD, because, inspirational music is his forte and you can hear the joy he feels in singing it. Loved the classy outfit with the hat and I'll never get over those dimples.

And, what would a Christmas show be without hearing "Si-uh-lent Night" guy again - too funny. I'm happy for Clay and hope he feels better soon, too, but will I watch his special? Sorry, can't handle Clay AND Barry Manilow in one hour, but, I'm sure his fans will get him great ratings without me.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Noooo!! I missed it! Glad to hear that Ruben sounded good, he's my favorite hands down. He has broncitis? I hope he gets well soon. I can't wait to get his new cd, but I have to wait until Christmas because my mom is really strict on getting anything right before December.
    Fan of: American Idol: Ruben Studdard George Huff Diana DeGarmo Kelly Clarkson Fantasia Barrino LaToya London

Rooting for: Survivor Vanuatu: Ami, Julie, and Chris (I miss Dolly and Rory!)

The Christmas special will be rebroadcast on 12/27. for those who missed it.
    Sing & dance the night away!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast