+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Rise and Thrall of an Idol

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    So was mine.

I'm still not convinced Bryan Adams didn't turn down CI. Considering HE has a new album on the verge of release, one would think that CI would be a perfect opportunity to promote it.
    Jason sang a Bryan Adams song during the round of 32.

Yes, I remember. I was referring to him actually appearing on the show. I have a hard time accepting that it might make him uncomfortable, since he is a seasoned artist and performer. Besides that, the fact that he started his own career at 19 makes him an absolute perfect candidate for his own CI theme week.

I love Bryan Adams, btw. I met him when I was 14 at an album signing for Cuts Like a Knife (still have the autographed album cover, too) and he forever impressed me as being very nice and very gracious with his fans.

I will keep my fingers crossed for an appearance by him next year.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Maz
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide
    Jason sang a Bryan Adams song during the round of 32.
    Jason sang "Heaven". Actually, Kaleb sang another Bryan Adams song during the Top 10, I believe: "Everything I Do". Then again, "Everything I Do" didn't meet CanCon requirements for the Junos so maybe it really isn't a Bryan Adams song.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Co-written by Mr Shania Twain and recorded in Europe. Thats why it wasn't can con.

They only had 3.6 million votes?
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12