+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by misterhyper
    I really like his voice too. Unfortunately my wife pointed out during the top 2 performances that Kalan needs to learn stagecraft because as he sings he constantly moves like this:
    1. Take two robotic steps forward
    2. Take two robotic steps back
    3. Repeat.

Now every time I see him sing, that's all I can notice - I have to stop listening to my wife...
    I have noticed that, too. It is funny, but it doesn't bother me at all. I guess it adds to Kalan's somewhat fragile aura. He always looks like he is elsewhere in another world when he sings and does his "two-step". I don't think he is conscious about his stepping forward/backward, maybe he is a little like some speakers who like to walk when giving speeches, the little movement gives him rhythm to stay on track or something.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogopogo
    Remus - have you heard the word "skanky"? Well, that's Manoah, and she can try till the cows come home to be sexy with some of those outfits and her posturing, but if you gotta try that hard, it ain't gonna happen
    Yeah, I know the term. I just happen to disagree, that's all.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I have noticed that, too. It is funny, but it doesn't bother me at all. I guess it adds to Kalan's somewhat fragile aura. He always looks like he is elsewhere in another world when he sings and does his "two-step". I don't think he is conscious about his stepping forward/backward, maybe he is a little like some speakers who like to walk when giving speeches, the little movement gives him rhythm to stay on track or something.
    Years from now when he's an accomplished professional recording artist and stage performer with an assured and confident stage presence, we'll probably find ourselves missing his "innocent two-step".

What I really notice is how he doesn't know what to do with his left hand. He so wants to hold on to the microphone with both hands and kind of hug himself but I'm sure he's been told over and over to open up with his body language. When he was doing the duet, it was really glaring because the long white ruffled cuff of his shirt contrasted with the dark suit. His hand would jerk up a wee bit and then go back down to his leg as that little voice in the back of his head kicked in. I replayed that duet about ten times last night, and you'd think I'd be getting inured to it, but it brought a tear to my eye every time. I so hope they are going to publish it.

FORT Fogey
    someone in Canada DIDN'T watch the show? Isn't that a criminal offence?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    someone in Canada DIDN'T watch the show? Isn't that a criminal offence?
    Well, the Survivor 9 premiere had higher ratings for the 8-9 pm hour, though CI beat The Apprentice in the second hour.

+ Reply to Thread